Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 OpenRPG
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  18:55:02  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have just recently aquired this program, I do not know how it properly works but I would like to. Also those scribes that do use it I would be pleased if someone would join.

I would also like this topic to be used to notify those of games to join.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  02:14:28  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,I thought someone else would post and explain this.I know its
realtime rpg for online but I've never seen it done.Will this change
PBeM games or take their place?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  07:05:39  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
either way im in, so someone explain it to us, and lets get cracking on a game hey...

im getting my pc late this week, with my 384kb line, so im rearing and ready to go...

now for wrath, now for ruin
and a red dawn!

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  08:19:44  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by MuadDib

either way im in, so someone explain it to us, and lets get cracking on a game hey...

im getting my pc late this week, with my 384kb line, so im rearing and ready to go...

Hahaha,Congratulations on the computer and 384kb line.As for some-one explaining this,Yes,don't know that I will have time everyday but
I guess we will have to wait and see.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  05:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If someone could teach us i believe we would be willing to play.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  11:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm...someone point me at the download. If they can, I'll take a look at it, and see if I can do something.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  14:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.openrpg.com/index.php?page=install Just follow the steps and click on the appropriate links on the listed steps.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  15:17:28  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, this does look a bit interesting. Not so much for PbeMs, but it would make a Play-by-Chat a lot easier, I would think.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  00:29:38  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Hmm, this does look a bit interesting. Not so much for PbeMs, but it would make a Play-by-Chat a lot easier, I would think.

You are right,I would be more like a real P & P game.I guess it could
also get confusing.I can't believe nobody here hasn't tried it.
Maybe Arivia will come up with something.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  04:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, by Saturday, I should have a copy and I should be able to do a short trial run. I might need someone else to help with the trial, I'll post something here when another interested party is in the forums...If the trial works well, then I'll start a new topic on the specifics of a possible game, if anyone's interested.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  06:52:31  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am I am....

oooooh ooooooh pick me pick me

*bounces up and down*

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  07:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Runs over and pats MuadDib on the head, then pulls out a piece of parchment and a quill. Begins writing*
Possible Players:
MuadDib
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  08:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to, but I don't think I could keep a regular appointment. PbeMs are nice about that . . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  16:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes i would like to join in.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  21:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Finishes pressing the gold leaf border on the piece of parchment, then adds Trafaldi's name to the list.*
Possible Players:
MuadDib
Trafaldi
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  05:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my copy now, and I will need another for the testing. I'll keep an eye out for either of you, and possibly ask you to help me. It does seem quite usable, but will require some getting used to.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  11:35:46  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to join as well but I wouldn't be able to keep a regular appointment as my hard drive needs formating and my pc upgrading. Should all be clear by December though, YES!

What's the program like??

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  15:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possible Players:
Trafaldi
MuadDib
Lina

Very good. Includes most everything. The only part that looks like trouble is the rules for miniatures(specifically the part about only being able to pull images off of the Web).
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  19:04:00  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to know what everyone thinks of it after a few games with it but as much as I would love to join,It would have to be on weekends for me to join in.
Post a schedule before you start with the time frame so I can see if
I could work it out.Thanks~~

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  18:58:50  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I can learn how to use it, I can DM a game during the week.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  11:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

I can't believe this speed. How can this be possible? Why am I that slow(48kbps)? Why life is so cruel? What are you using for this mighty connection speed?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  11:41:39  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Alright, by Saturday, I should have a copy and I should be able to do a short trial run. I might need someone else to help with the trial, I'll post something here when another interested party is in the forums...If the trial works well, then I'll start a new topic on the specifics of a possible game, if anyone's interested.

Arivia I wonder if I can join you? I know I am very new here but I m also very ambtious to learn. What do you say?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  11:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if I can join you? I know I am very new here but I m also very ambtious to learn. What do you say?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2003 :  13:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I the all mighty ruler of *blah blah blah blah blah just named off like three pissy lil places that don't matter much heh* Would love to join in on that.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  05:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the long wait on this one. My Internet connection is down right now, and won't be back up until this weekend. When I'm back online, I'll continue this.
Possible Players:
William of Waterdeep
Trafaldi
Jander Sundstar
Cult_Leader
Muad_Dib
Lina
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  06:49:02  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jander: I will be getting myself a broadband connection...i also used to have a 56k connection so i feel your pain. It's just ridiculously cheap here...

And I cant wait for this to happen!!!

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  16:25:30  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jander: I will be getting myself a broadband connection...i also used to have a 56k connection so i feel your pain. It's just ridiculously cheap here...

I don't know if there is a broadband coonection here in Turkey. But I m considering to get a cable. It is the best I know here.
I cant wait for this to happen too!!!It will be a huge experiece for me.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  12:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm stuck with a 56k modem unfortunately. I hope I don't experience any serious lags. Finally got around to formating my hard drive and replacing ME with XP. Should have me a new PC soon enough.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  03:42:12  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have had Broadband for almost a year now and I don't know if I could go back to dial up.I love it.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  04:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only 'broadband' I've got access to is at my college, which is sometimes as slow as dialup. A lot of people there.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  17:35:31  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

The only 'broadband' I've got access to is at my college, which is sometimes as slow as dialup. A lot of people there.

That makes a difference on some,especially cable.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000