Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 OpenRPG
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  05:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, time for the campaign planning to begin:
3.0 or 3.5
Where in the Realms(preferably something with a 3e regional sourcebook)
How much roleplaying
Monstrous characters or not
What optional rules or variant rules
Wandering adventuring party or epic storyline(epic in scope, not levels)
When(in terms of real life times, by the forum's clock)

Some things I'd like to lock down:
3rd level characters.
Good or neutral alignment.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  08:46:08  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.what everyone decides.
2.doesn't matter(flexable)
3.lots of roleplaying hopefully
4.Monstrous characters are ok,doesn't matter.
5.? nothing in mind
6.Doesn't matter
7.Doesn't matter but probably present time.
So overall,whatever...

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  11:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-Doesn't matter
2-Where DM wants
3-Lots of role playing
4-Monstrous char ok but I be human
5-optional rules
6-DM decides
7-23-24 is ok for me but which days?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  19:39:55  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This isn't going to work unless you do it like Friday nights which will be Saturday for others.I want Lina to play but she is 12 hrs.
ahead of my time.How O,Great GM Arivia in your infinite wisdom do we deal with this?For real,it could cause problems.I am just hoping that you already have it worked out.I would rather be left out of the game than not include anyone outside North America.Jundar is in Turkey
and Lina in Australia,MuadDib in United Arab Emirites.The rest of us are in the U.S.A or Canada.Why do we not have a crying smiley.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Basically, this is the biggest obstacle. We really need some hard data on this. I'm open most nights except for early Thursday nights and the occasional Sunday. I think a night session will work out for the best of all concerned. So, if everyone could post what nights they could play, and what times according to the forum clock, it will help.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  23:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

This isn't going to work unless you do it like Friday nights which will be Saturday for others.I want Lina to play but she is 12 hrs.
ahead of my time.How O,Great GM Arivia in your infinite wisdom do we deal with this?For real,it could cause problems.I am just hoping that you already have it worked out.I would rather be left out of the game than not include anyone outside North America.Jundar is in Turkey
and Lina in Australia,MuadDib in United Arab Emirites.The rest of us are in the U.S.A or Canada.Why do we not have a crying smiley.

Dont forget me! ::waves a little union jack flag::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  23:40:47  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Rad,I apologize!!! You know I didn't forget on purpose.Just
forgetful.

Ahem,may I have everyones attention:Also Rad from the United Kingdom.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  03:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Rad, did you want to join? No disrespect meant, I just didn't see your post informing us so.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  22:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need some more responses on the questions. To those of you who have already responded, I put these questions up because I'd like to find out your preferences on these areas, so that I hopefully won't do something nightmarish for you. I may end up going against popular vote, but I hope I won't have to.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  23:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sunday through thursday at the time of this post

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  23:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any more answers, Trafaldi?
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  02:23:39  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Arivia is saying is there are 7 questions,you answered only 1.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  06:56:04  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i know this sounds like a bit of a cop out answer, but Arivia is my nominated DM thingy for the operation and im totally happy to go with any decision she makes...

I dont know anything, and that is a complete statement, so in many cases i could not answer those questions even if i wanted to. So i will go with Arivia on whatever she decides

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  07:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, that's a fine answer, MuadDib. You haven't played before, and so simply wouldn't know what I was asking for.

On another topic...
As I seem to be getting no responses to the questions, here's my decisions on them...
1. 3.0, for the players. I'll end up using some 3.5 stuff on my side of the screen, but it shouldn't affect you.
2. Silver Marches, as I simply have the most information on that region(and I like it quite a bit.)
3. Lots of.
4. Check the race in question with me first.
5. Time for me to start looking through those books...
6. Wait and see...
7. This is still up in the air...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  17:20:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You ought to use 3.25e. Seriously, a bunch of 3.5e is good, while a bunch is bunk. For instance, any rangers should use the 3.5e version, while any gnomes should at least stick to the 3e gnome's favored class. (Come on -- bard? Please.)

And, of course, my favorite 3.5e change was the Weapon Finesse feat, which was exactly how I was going to change it for the scroll we have here on fan-created skills and feats . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  20:39:16  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,I'm hip...er I'm all for that but I guess that is actually for Arivia to decide.
What say ye Arivia?

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 22 Oct 2003 21:21:55
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  21:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm Avivia, eh?

Actually, my main reason to stick to 3.0 was for access issues...I didn't want to exclude those who didn't have the 3.5 rulebooks. However, at the time of the post, I'd forgotten about the 3.5 SRD, which is all the access you need. Playing 3.25 sounds good. I'll compile a list of 3.5 stuff we should use. Some may be sweeping changes(the combat system, anyone?) and some may be minor(3.5 haste, harm, and hold person). On the topic of rules systems, I've been toying around with an idea, simply because I don't really like the 3e way of doing it. I'm talking about magic item creation. I like the 2e system much more, as it made making an item an accomplishment, a goal, not simply a class ability.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  21:28:01  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I'm Avivia, eh?

Actually, my main reason to stick to 3.0 was for access issues...I didn't want to exclude those who didn't have the 3.5 rulebooks. However, at the time of the post, I'd forgotten about the 3.5 SRD, which is all the access you need. Playing 3.25 sounds good. I'll compile a list of 3.5 stuff we should use. Some may be sweeping changes(the combat system, anyone?) and some may be minor(3.5 haste, harm, and hold person). On the topic of rules systems, I've been toying around with an idea, simply because I don't really like the 3e way of doing it. I'm talking about magic item creation. I like the 2e system much more, as it made making an item an accomplishment, a goal, not simply a class ability.

huh..?...Avivia? what to you mean?
Sorry,I fixed it and whatever you think on the rules is good for me.I am still worried about people outside North Americia being able to get together with us time wise,thats my only concern.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 23 Oct 2003 00:43:41
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  21:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's my major concern also, William.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  22:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what is the approprate time for north americans? for me I m quite insominiac but I m sure a middle point can be found for willing fellas
where is silver marches? I couldn't find it 3,0 ed settings and Fearun atlas.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  22:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm five hours off the forums. I'm open most nights, from at the latest 1:00(forum time) to roughly 7:00. I can't do anything on Thursday nights, and I have another campaign once a month on Sunday nights. Obviously, if some real life event happens, I may have to delay/postpone/cancel a session, as the times above are from 8pm to 2 am my time.

Edited by - Arivia on 22 Oct 2003 22:56:46
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  00:07:26  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alright, time for the campaign planning to begin:
3.0 or 3.5
Where in the Realms(preferably something with a 3e regional sourcebook)
How much roleplaying
Monstrous characters or not
What optional rules or variant rules
Wandering adventuring party or epic storyline(epic in scope, not levels)
When(in terms of real life times, by the forum's clock)

Some things I'd like to lock down:
3rd level characters.
Good or neutral alignment.

we can go with 3.5 because the system reference documents are 3.f
Dont care for the region
dont care on the role playing
sure why not on monsterous characters except nothing outrageous such as dragons.
i really dont care about the other question except for the time which i have already stated,

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  13:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Will said i'm 12hrs a day ahead of US time. So night time there would mean working hours here . I can play weekends though (which is Friday nights to Sunday noon US time).

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  13:44:58  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm exactly 7 hours ahead of the forum clock.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  14:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems weekend is enevitable. saturday or friday 16.00 or sunday 15.00 for Candlekeep clock would be ok, unless north americans are willing to wake up earlier.
I thought the time of Newyork for the North American is ok.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  18:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just curious. Why are people talking about the forum clock, instead of GMT or, as it's sometimes called, UMT?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  19:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I'm ignorant and not knowing what my time in relation to GMT is. On the topic of times, I'm in the same time zone as New York, so times for that time zone are fine too. On another topic, who has copies of the 3.0 core rulebooks?
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  22:25:55  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because I'm ignorant and not knowing what my time in relation to GMT is. On the topic of times, I'm in the same time zone as New York, so times for that time zone are fine too. On another topic, who has copies of the 3.0 core rulebooks?

You are on EST as I am.The forum is 5 hours ahead of us.Anyone on the North American West coast should be on perfect time with the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  22:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, William.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  00:11:13  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for the information, William.

No problem Arivia, anytime.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000