Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 OpenRPG

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Trafaldi Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 18:55:02
I have just recently aquired this program, I do not know how it properly works but I would like to. Also those scribes that do use it I would be pleased if someone would join.

I would also like this topic to be used to notify those of games to join.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 12 Nov 2003 : 09:28:12
Yes, sadly my own work on the Epic Adventure here at Candlekeep has been put to the wayside. My duties with helping out on the PSCS3e have taken up most of my free time this week, and looks set to continue for the next few days.

Arivia Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 06:28:07
I've been quite busy recently, and have had to set most of my Candlekeep work aside. That includes this and the Sage's epic adventure. So, yes, we will continue, hopefully, but after a delay.
MuadDib Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 05:40:38
Are we still going ahead with this? Its been a little quiet lately and I was just wondering...
William of Waterdeep Posted - 31 Oct 2003 : 04:09:17
Owwwch...It was a joke,Put put that down Book Wyrm.[:D
I'm surprised you haven't done beat up on me for that one,BW.
The Sage Posted - 30 Oct 2003 : 02:25:52
Actually, that wasn't what I was thinking, but it does fit...

William of Waterdeep Posted - 28 Oct 2003 : 03:49:39
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

"D'oh!"...???.

Is this indictive of something?.

Homer Simpson Bookwyrm..
Bookwyrm Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 15:29:01
Just that I had completely forgotten about it . . . .
The Sage Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 07:31:03
"D'oh!"...???.

Is this indictive of something?.

Bookwyrm Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 04:31:42
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

There are a variety of ways to acquire character sheets. Unfortunately, I lost my Word template sheets, which would have been a good set to send you. Oh well.

[::smacks forehead::] D'oh! I was supposed to send a Word template sheet to some poeople. I'd forgotten. MuadDib, I think you were one. Who was the other one?

I'll email off a copy to you right now, MuadDib.
Arivia Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 20:35:41
In the version of OpenRPG I downloaded, an introductory tutorial was included in the program(look in the tree on the left side of the screen). I'll start a server probably for the game.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 19:18:47
Does anyone know how open rpg works?
I downloaded it but I don't know how a server is created or are there any already active and ready to be used.
If sb know please tell.
Trafaldi Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 14:57:05
quote:

MuadDib, go here:
http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=srd35
This is most of the 3.5 rules presented as rtf files.(And, yes, this is legal.)
There are a variety of ways to acquire character sheets. Unfortunately, I lost my Word template sheets, which would have been a good set to send you. Oh well.
Likely, whatever program we use will have a built-in dice roller.
So, don't worry.

Maudib use these documents i am going to use them until i get my 3.5 books, which hopefully will be soon ::grumble::, and yes the open rpg program has a built in dice roller. You can also look up dice roller programs, or you can go here www.chessex.com (the pound-o-dice is a good deal.)
Lina Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 13:21:56
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I have always said, that this state is a little 'weird'...sorry to all the Perth scribes...but you should all know what I mean. Lina?...

Yes I know our state is weird. At least we don't have to go through the trouble of remembering to wind the clock back, being late for work and re-winding the clock forward when daylight savings finishes. I tink that WA'ans are more lazy.
Arivia Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 12:24:51
Just remembered the computer clock when I turned it on this morning and was greeted by:
"Daylight Savings Time has changed. Please check your clock to make sure the time is right."
I think it's mostly general teenage indifference until now.
MuadDib, go here:
http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=srd35
This is most of the 3.5 rules presented as rtf files.(And, yes, this is legal.)
Likely, whatever program we use will have a built-in dice roller.
So, don't worry.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 09:51:40
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

That's odd. It's been proven that by transfering that one hour to the evening, you save oodles on power costs . . . .

(Oodles being a technical term, of course. )

That is one idea Ben Franklin could have kept to his self.I hate the time change.I wish they would set it and leave it alone.
The Sage Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 08:27:06
I have always said, that this state is a little 'weird'...sorry to all the Perth scribes...but you should all know what I mean. Lina?...

Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 08:20:00
That's odd. It's been proven that by transfering that one hour to the evening, you save oodles on power costs . . . .

(Oodles being a technical term, of course. )
The Sage Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 08:17:41
Western Australia does not subscribe to Daylight Savings Time. It's been that way since 1997, although most of the other states in Australia still do. They will all be changing their clocks tonight...

Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 08:14:34
Just to lighten the mood, here's a slightly paraphrased quote from the greatest sitcom of all time, M*A*S*H:

Henry Blake: "Why can't everyone be on the same time?"
Radar: "It's because the Earth is rotating, Sir."
Henry Blake: "Oh, I thought it was just an Army thing."
Bookwyrm Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 08:08:13
quote:

Because I'm ignorant and not knowing what my time in relation to GMT is. On the topic of times, I'm in the same time zone as New York, so times for that time zone are fine too.

My dear boy, it's the same thing. Haven't you noticed that Alaundo types in a British accent?

See that little clock in the lower right-hand corner of your screen? Double-click it, and select the "Time Zones" tab. You'll be able to see what major cities of the world fall under what time zone by how many hours + or - it is. Subtract five hours from that total and you have the time relative between you and that city -- usually.

(The computer won't tell you if the other person is on Daylight Saving Time, aka Summer Time. If one person is in summer and the other isn't, it could be +/- one hour. For instance, Sage and Lina are both in Summer Time now, if I'm not mistaken, and the US has just gone out of that tonight.)
MuadDib Posted - 26 Oct 2003 : 07:53:42
im at GMT +4

so someone can work out what that means. My hours might be largely flexible though,

I will state this though. As a DM or something, i mioght need someone to help me out with a LOT of stuff. I dont have books, I dont have sourcae materials, I dont have character sheets, I dotn have dice, in fact, the only thing I think i will have is snacks. Does this disqualify me?
Jander Sunstar Posted - 25 Oct 2003 : 01:45:00
I still stick on my previous reply.
If our dm who is arivia is from canada I hope he and other players who are willing to be in this game say their time according to below
Candlekeep:16.00
ist: 18.00
newyork:11.00
Lina:23.00( australia)

William of Waterdeep Posted - 25 Oct 2003 : 01:29:15
quote:
Originally posted by Jander Sunstar

where are you from then? I thought you ariva and william from norh america.If you are 5 hours ahead of candlekeep there is no problem
but I don't think it is quite right I m behind 2 hours of cnadlekeep clock
If you me out to have a decent play between ones whose time fit, there is no problem just say it

We are both from North America,but I live in the South Eastern USA and Arivia lives in Eastern Canada.Same time though so we are right with New York.I quess the leaving out is Arivia's job,I'm a player
myself.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 25 Oct 2003 : 01:10:17
where are you from then? I thought you ariva and william from norh america.If you are 5 hours ahead of candlekeep there is no problem
but I don't think it is quite right I m behind 2 hours of cnadlekeep clock
If you me out to have a decent play between ones whose time fit, there is no problem just say it
William of Waterdeep Posted - 25 Oct 2003 : 00:11:13
quote:

Thanks for the information, William.

No problem Arivia, anytime.
Arivia Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 22:36:20
Thanks for the information, William.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 22:25:55
quote:

Because I'm ignorant and not knowing what my time in relation to GMT is. On the topic of times, I'm in the same time zone as New York, so times for that time zone are fine too. On another topic, who has copies of the 3.0 core rulebooks?

You are on EST as I am.The forum is 5 hours ahead of us.Anyone on the North American West coast should be on perfect time with the forum.
Arivia Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 19:01:02
Because I'm ignorant and not knowing what my time in relation to GMT is. On the topic of times, I'm in the same time zone as New York, so times for that time zone are fine too. On another topic, who has copies of the 3.0 core rulebooks?
Bookwyrm Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 18:25:51
I'm just curious. Why are people talking about the forum clock, instead of GMT or, as it's sometimes called, UMT?
Jander Sunstar Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 14:22:18
It seems weekend is enevitable. saturday or friday 16.00 or sunday 15.00 for Candlekeep clock would be ok, unless north americans are willing to wake up earlier.
I thought the time of Newyork for the North American is ok.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000