Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 4E Realmspeak?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2010 :  13:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This is going to seem like a selfish (or at the very least Scrooge-like ) request, but I might as well ask. I don't have a DDI subscription myself, but would love for someone/s that does (I'm thinking not Sage as he's too 'timely', but possibly someone like Brimmy) to scour the "Eye on the Realms" articles for any snippets of 'Realmspeak', like:
  • “turnshield” – Common:- the polite Cormyrean term for a bastard offspring of a noble of Cormyr (Eye on the Realms: Tarmel Drouth, Outcast Noble by Ed Greenwood)

• The above was from the writeup in the subscription free part of the article, but I'm sure more nuggets like this can be found in the articles themselves. And as I'm trying to be "edition neutral" (my isn't that the buzzword of the last couple' weeks ) with the Glossary, I'd like to include any that are in those articles. Can anyone help?

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Tyranthraxus
    Senior Scribe

Netherlands
    423 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  11:15:53  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I can also help you if you want. How about Abeirian (sp?) words en phrases, do you want them too?
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  12:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

I can also help you if you want. How about Abeirian (sp?) words en phrases, do you want them too?

Yeah, thanks. Brimstone was just the first person I could think of that I know has a DDI subscription apart from Sage. Heh, yeah, I'd appreciate even Abeir-whatever words, and will include them too as soon as I know what "Abeir-whatever" is the correct form of the nomenclature.

As I recall, there's probably a few "Backdrop" articles that also need to be combed through, and of course if someone wants to tackle the 4E FRCS FRCG they're more than welcome too.

Important: All I ask is that we stick to the CK rules about quoting. While I'd like to have as large a quote as possible to derive the context of the word or phrase from (or to modify and/or include in the descriptive text defining it) if in doubt rather PM me with any direct quotes. That way also, if you don't quote enough to my liking I can respond directly, requesting clarifications and so on.

Edit: It's Ef-Ar-See-Gee in fourth, not Ef-Ar-See-Es as in third. I always get that one muddled.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 23 Jun 2010 14:18:12
    Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2010 :  23:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Is it appropriate for DDI content to be chopped to bits and re-packaged here at the 'Keep? If there are scribes here who are 'voting with their money' on Hasbro/WotC's marketing decisions, I should think that they would scorn this new material, especially if it were 'pirated'. As much as some dislike the new material, we certainly wouldn't want to steal our beloved freelancers out of a job.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
    Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
    Great Reader

USA
    3240 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  00:23:28  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Brace Cormaeril

Is it appropriate for DDI content to be chopped to bits and re-packaged here at the 'Keep? If there are scribes here who are 'voting with their money' on Hasbro/WotC's marketing decisions, I should think that they would scorn this new material, especially if it were 'pirated'. As much as some dislike the new material, we certainly wouldn't want to steal our beloved freelancers out of a job.

Nice, BC. Real nice.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
    Go to Top of Page

The Sage
    Procrastinator Most High

Australia
    31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  01:32:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kyrene

I don't have a DDI subscription myself, but would love for someone/s that does (I'm thinking not Sage as he's too 'timely', ...
    I can certainly help out where possible, but I can't really dedicate a whole lot of time to this.

What I will do, is scour those PDFs myself, and see whether anything pertinent to your project here, has been missed. Okay?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
    http://www.candlekeep.com
    -- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  08:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

...as soon as I know what "Abeir-whatever" is the correct form of the nomenclature...

As it happens, the term is apparently "Abeiran", and I would love to include any Abeiran 'Realmspeak' in the Glossary.

Edited by - Kyrene on 24 Jun 2010 08:42:10
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  08:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

You voice a semi-valid concern; one I've wrestled with myself. Do I include 4E 'Realmspeak' for the sake of being inclusive, even though the way I would have to come by the 'Realmspeak' can be seen as 'piracy'?

But, alas, you've missed the whole point of the Glossary, your argument is flawed, and you are clearly grinding an axe here.

Therefore: Begone, troll!

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  08:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I don't have a DDI subscription myself, but would love for someone/s that does (I'm thinking not Sage as he's too 'timely', ...
    I can certainly help out where possible, but I can't really dedicate a whole lot of time to this.

What I will do, is scour those PDFs myself, and see whether anything pertinent to your project here, has been missed. Okay?

Only if you have the time Sage! I'm sure between Tyranthraxus and I, we can do exactly what you propose (and possibly have faster results; not that I'm in much of a hurry for it anyway, just throwing out different 'lore lines' as it were) I'd much rather you concentrate on getting me that music related 'Realmspeak'...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
    Procrastinator Most High

Australia
    31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  10:02:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Still on that... *wink*

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  10:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

quote:

You voice a semi-valid concern; one I've wrestled with myself. Do I include 4E 'Realmspeak' for the sake of being inclusive, even though the way I would have to come by the 'Realmspeak' can be seen as 'piracy'?

But, alas, you've missed the whole point of the Glossary, your argument is flawed, and you are clearly grinding an axe here.

Therefore: Begone, troll!

Or do you *pay* for the content, thereby keeping Ed in a job? You'll excuse me, but I think that, given the current model (DDI over print) from Hasbro, scribes should at least consider the ramifications of stealing content.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
    Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
    Master of Mischief

USA
    36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  11:39:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I don't think that posting a word and a definition of said word is going to be quite the same thing as stealing content. I've not seen the DDI material, but unless it's nothing more than what has already been gathered for the Realms glossary, then just taking out some tiny bits isn't going to be an issue. It's not like we're reprinted or redistributing articles; we're just looking for any Realms-specific words for our glossary.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
    Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
    Senior Scribe

Netherlands
    423 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  12:05:20  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

quote:
    Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Only if you have the time Sage! I'm sure between Tyranthraxus and I, we can do exactly what you propose (and possibly have faster results; not that I'm in much of a hurry for it anyway, just throwing out different 'lore lines' as it were) I'd much rather you concentrate on getting me that music related 'Realmspeak'...

Give me a month and I'll send you what I found.
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  14:21:23  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

You'll excuse me, but I think that, given the current model (DDI over print) from Hasbro, scribes should at least consider the ramifications of stealing content.

You're excused!

Oh, gosh, darnit! I better immediately remove anything I have in the Glossary that was sourced from the Cyclopedia of the Realms, and Polyhedron issues #54, #71, #74, #106, #109, #117 and #127, since I don't personally own any of those. Other scribes here, for whom I am merely collating this glossary, do, but I guess, by your esteemed definition, they should each also only compile that which they personally own. And they shouldn't dare to put it up here at Candlekeep, regardless of full credit in the citations.

I guess we should then also close Candlekeep's doors, as any 'free' exchange and debates of lore (having come from any TSR or WotC sourcebooks) is 'illegal' and "stealing".

On the other hand, perhaps I should not have the Glossary be edition neutral, and simply exclude any and all 4E material. That way, you can lambaste me for being anti-this or anti-that, but at least I will not be a 'thief.' And it will have saved me, and other scribes, a whole lot of trouble (not least of it being the amount of research required).

Oh, wait, I know what: I'll just continue working on it, ignoring your 'sagely' advice.

I wonder Brace, are you starting to see how idiotic you sound with your constant carping? If you don't have anything constructive to add to this scroll, may I suggest: Begone troll!?

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  14:28:14  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I don't think that posting a word and a definition of said word is going to be quite the same thing as stealing content. I've not seen the DDI material, but unless it's nothing more than what has already been gathered for the Realms glossary, then just taking out some tiny bits isn't going to be an issue. It's not like we're reprinted or redistributing articles; we're just looking for any Realms-specific words for our glossary.

But, you don't understand Wooly! My mates and I are going to snigger and laugh about how I managed to 'steal' a paragraph of DDI material here and there. In fact, we're going to build a whole campaign around just those crumbs, since we're too criminally minded to just download the whole shebang from some torrent site (or whatever). The nerve of people like us, eh?

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  14:38:12  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

Give me a month and I'll send you what I found.

You have three tendays then. If you take longer, I'll send Brace after you. He's our very own Candlekeep inevitable!

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  02:14:51  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    This issue can certainly be interpreted a number of ways. However, the implication is clear: You *want* "some" of the material from DDI, you are just unwilling to *pay* for any of it. I could fill a scroll with analogies for this type of theft, but I won't.
    (By the way, one of the reasons why Hasbro/Wizards has yet to develop a comprehensive fan-site policy is that they simply don't know how to best protect their IP. Giving them yet another reason to 'clamp down' on fan-sites is certainly in no ones best interest.)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
    Master of Mischief

USA
    36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  03:11:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    Okay, folks, we really don't need to have personal attacks against other scribes going on here.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
    Procrastinator Most High

Australia
    31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  03:16:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

This issue can certainly be interpreted a number of ways. However, the implication is clear: You *want* "some" of the material from DDI, you are just unwilling to *pay* for any of it.
    For the most part, I really can't see how this is all that different from the accepted online policy of quoting from officially published sources, which some scribes might not have access to. Granted, this is all entirely dependent on just how *much* is quoted from officially purchased material, but the concept is still largely the same:- You're quoting from an official source. It's simply the format of that source that changes.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  08:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

This issue can certainly be interpreted a number of ways. However, the implication is clear: You *want* "some" of the material from DDI, you are just unwilling to *pay* for any of it. I could fill a scroll with analogies for this type of theft, but I won't.

Actually, given my stance on post-Spellpague Realms, I could care less about any and all DDI material. However, I am currently busy with this Glossary project for the use of all scribes (in case the meaning is not clear–this is where you should read, Brace, not just think of your next reply, those that support pre- and post-Spellplague Realms) at Candlekeep, and anybody that uses this place as a resource. I should therefore try to include DDI 'Realmspeak', just as I should try to include 'Realmspeak' from any other sources I don't personally own.

As I don't have a vested interest, and as WotC doesn't have a policy of pay-per-article, you are right that I would not subscribe just for two (heck, even 50) words of 'Realmspeak'. I would much rather just not include any 4E 'Realmspeak' in the Glossary.

Finally, Sage and Wooly have also tried to explain to you how this is not "theft", but you have still not listened (lacking the ability to want to read other's opinions), therefore please save us all your droll analogies. And please refrain from calling me a thief.

Begone troll!

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  09:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

And please refrain from calling me a thief.]

Ok, lemme make sure I got this straight, from your first post in this thread: You want to take something which others pay for, and distribute it free on the internet? You can call it what you want...

I understand Wooly and Sage's perspective; personally, I think it falls into a gray area, especially considering the shift in Hasbro/WotC's publishing model. One could easily use their line of thinking and re-distribute an entire article, within minutes of it's premiere. Say; a Glossary, an NPC catalog, a Magic Item catalog, a political prospectus, etc. etc... All just a few words, here and there, but taken together... and hosted on the same site... Seems like a slippery slope heading towards a 10x10x10 pit trap to me.

You are of course free make your own assessment. But please refer back to Wooly's admonishment of you behavior:

quote:
    Originally posted by Wooly Rupert:
    Okay, folks, we really don't need to have personal attacks against other scribes going on here.

Edited by - Brace Cormaeril on 25 Jun 2010 09:19:13
    Go to Top of Page

The Sage
    Procrastinator Most High

Australia
    31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  09:39:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    A "gray area" it may be. But until we hear otherwise [or at least more definitively on the subject of usage of online content] from Wizards, I'd largely assume what has been allowed in the past, is, in some ways, still allowed now.

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Jun 2010 09:42:48
    Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  09:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    You're the Sage. Sounds good.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  15:32:02  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

Great! Now that you have finally listened to reason, may we continue?

I think we should appoint Brace the official watchdog for any DDI material. Any scribe that can scour any DDI content for 'Realmspeak' should forward it to him first. If he's okay with the amount of quoted material, he can in turn forward it to me. If I don't get anything from him, I know it's too slippery a slope, and will simply not be able to include it in the final Glossary.

*goes back to scouring online (free) WotC articles and having a life*

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
    Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  19:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

quote:

I think we should appoint Brace the official watchdog for any DDI material. Any scribe that can scour any DDI content for 'Realmspeak' should forward it to him first. If he's okay with the amount of quoted material, he can in turn forward it to me. If I don't get anything from him, I know it's too slippery a slope, and will simply not be able to include it in the final Glossary.

I'm clear on Candlekeep's position on using DDI content; I still don't agree with it. Kyrene, you have your own fun.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
    Procrastinator Most High

Australia
    31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  00:26:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm clear on Candlekeep's position on using DDI content; I still don't agree with it. Kyrene, you have your own fun.

I'd be interested to hear about any further concerns you might have on our policy of DDI usage, Brace. Feel free to PM me with the details so we can discuss them, if you so wish.

Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
    Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  18:57:02  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I have a DDI subscription and will be happy to forward any Realmspeak to this scroll that I discover.

In the interim, I noticed that your superb collection was missing a few terms found in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.

Those I found, follow. I hope you'll consider adding them.

• “arambar” – Common:- a residual form of energy that comprises the last remnants of power once held by Arambar, an ancient primordial of immense power, and whose effects can be seen in the sky above Abeir and Returned Abeir. FRCG, page 200.

• “earthmotes” – Common:- free-floating masses of land that hover in the sky. They are most commonly found in areas where portions of Abeir have joined with Toril. FRCG, page 52.

• “hawksnarl” – Common:- a man who's always yelling or blustering, or is nastier or more aggressive than is prudent or necessary. For emphasis, one would say "a real hawksnarl". FRCG, page 46.

• “new-coins” – Common:- a term used to describe those who prefer to dwell in the magnificent Dawnside mansion, located in the haughty district of Arendermore Ward in the city of Tarmalune, located along the coast of Returned Abeir. FRCG, page 216.

• “plaguechanged” – Common:- a word used to describe creatures touched by the first wave of the Spellplague. The term is synonymous with "horrible monster". FRCG, page 46.

• “plagueland” – Common:- a catchall term used to describe any area where active Spellplague yet burns. FRCG, page 46.

• “Plaguewrought Land, the” – Common:- The single largest plagueland in Faerϋn". FRCG, page 46.

• “Returned Abeir” – Common:- A continent from Abeir merged to Toril in the Year of Blue Fire. FRCG, page 46.

• “sorn” – Elven:- means "Drow". A word used only by eladrin, elves, half-elves and the Drow. Note this term is different than the similar word used by watchmen in Waterdeep. FRCG, page 47.

• “Spellplague, the” – Common:- The event in 1385 DR resulting from Mystra's death that altered magic and Toril forever. Also used to refer to the effect or substance left behind in places where the event occurred. FRCG, page 46.

• “spellscar” – Common:- A brand of blue fire that grants magical abilities to those who posses them. Such abilities are usually helpful, but carry a negative side effect. FRCG, page 46.

• “spellscarred” – Common:- A word used to describe a creature (usually, though not always, humanoid) touched by later, less virulent strains of the Spellplague, who possesses a spellscar. FRCG, page 46.

• “Steelsky” – Common:- a term used to describe the metallic hue (i.e. non-blue) color of the sky on the planet Abeir, owing to the influence of residual arambar energy. This color persists still in the sky over the lands of Returned Abeir. FRCG, page 200.

• “thronemote” – Common:- a term for the four small, floating earthmotes where the Stewards of Earth, Fire, Sea and Sky reside in Akanϋl. FRCG, page 91.

• Edited by - Mr_Miscellany on 27 Jun 2010 22:38:06
    Go to Top of Page

Markustay
    Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
    15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  21:23:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I've noticed Brace's arguments are not so much about the actual content of 4e, but rather the decisions behind it, to the point where he wants to re-define what some of us think of as 'retcons' or 'Additions'. I've argued with plenty of 4e fans, but his arguments appear to be generated from an entirely different mindset... almost as-if he had a vested interest.

Especially since he appears to be building a case against CandleKeep, with the number of threads that were supposedly closed because he is just "a poor, little 4e fan".

He's gotten downright defensive when protecting the income-generating ability of the DDi.

quote:
    Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Nice, BC. Real nice.

Interesting initials, don't you think?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 27 Jun 2010 21:28:45
    Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
    Master of Mischief

USA
    36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  22:21:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    I think we need to stick to the topic of Realmspeak, please.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Jun 2010 22:23:51
    Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
    Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  23:59:56  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    A few more terms and phrases culled from the FRCG follow:

• “Corpse of Lolth, the” – Common:- a post-Spellplague term used by Dambrathans to describe the ruins of the city of Cathyr; particularly the spider-shaped temple that lay at the heart of the ruins. FRCG, page 115.

• “golhyrrl' fhaazht” – Drow:- means "the Dream Trap" and refers to nightmares sent to the minds of sentient creatures by Araumycos, the massive fungal colony located in the Upperdark, below the High Forrest. FRCG, page 232.

• “haddrum” – Common:- a drug in the form of an elixir, brewed from dragon blood and other "less savory" ingredients. Side effects include a propensity to fly into wild, destructive rages. FRCG, page 171.

• “plangents” – Common:- a form of crystal found in the land of Durpar. The crystal is a violet-hued mineral and is magically animate. House Datharathi mine the crystal using secret methods and are able to fuse it to a body in order to replace lost limbs. FRCG, page 118.

• “To escape from Wheloon” – Common:- a post-Spellplague euphemism for completing a very difficult task. FRCG, page 106.

• “traveler's dust” – Common:- a drug of unknown effect, sourced from Impiltur and rumored to be sold illicitly in Marsember. FRCG, page .

• I must say it was fun to spend an afternoon browsing my FRCG and turning up all this stuff. Hopefully it will be of some use to your project, Kyrene.

I'll have a look through my DDI collection next and add anything new I find to this scroll.
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    729 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  09:23:12  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

In the interim, I noticed that your superb collection was missing a few terms found in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.

Heh! By "a few" you mean "all", eh? Up to now it's been a case of "don't have the source/s, can continue to happily ignore terms that turn my stomach" while still working on stuff I do have access to. And you don't know how close Brace's arguments came to convincing me of not bothering any further to get 4E Realmspeak into the Glossary. However, that is grossly unfair to anyone that likes the post-Spellplague Realms for one, and also would not make the Glossary truly complete if I was not being inclusive about it.

So thanks for taking the time to research the stuff you've quoted, and I'm glad you got enjoyment out of it (even if it was reading the FRCG).

Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Next Page
     New Topic  New Poll New Poll
     Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000