Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 4E Realmspeak?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
737 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2010 :  18:57:33  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

A few more terms and phrases culled from the FRCG follow:
I'll have a look through my DDI collection next and add anything new I find to this scroll.

They have been tentatively added until I get a reply from the PM you should be receiving shortly.

And I only just noticed, you already pre-formatted the list in the correct 'Glossary format'. Wow!

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 01 Jul 2010 18:58:53
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
737 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2010 :  14:09:53  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm quoting Mr_Miscellany, this is actually an open question to any scribe with the FRCG.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Miscellany

• plangents” – Common:- a form of crystal found in the land of Durpar. The crystal is a violet-hued mineral and is magically animate. House Datharathi mine the crystal using secret methods and are able to fuse it to a body in order to replace lost limbs. FRCG, page 118.

• On the subject of "plangents" and "Datharathi crystal" is there any mention of the word:
  • chaka” – Common:- a Durpari term for ? (Darkvision by Bruce R. Cordell)

• on page 118 where the rest of this is presumeably mentioned? As you can see, I have found "chaka" while cross-referencing "plangents" and "plangent/Datharathi crystal" in Darkvision, but don't know if it is better defined (or even mentioned) in the FRCG.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
    Go to Top of Page

Zireael
    Master of Realmslore

Poland
    1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2010 :  17:51:25  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kyrene

While I'm quoting Mr_Miscellany, this is actually an open question to any scribe with the FRCG.

On the subject of "plangents" and "Datharathi crystal" is there any mention of the word:
  • #65533;chaka#65533; #65533; Common:- a Durpari term for ? (Darkvision by Bruce R. Cordell)

• on page 118 where the rest of this is presumeably mentioned? As you can see, I have found "chaka" while cross-referencing "plangents" and "plangent/Datharathi crystal" in Darkvision, but don't know if it is better defined (or even mentioned) in the FRCG.

AFAIR "chaka" was a word for house/ruler. Don't remember for sure, but it was certainly used in FRCS and Shining South (the AD&D one!). So it's not 4e Realmspeak, but older.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
    Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
    Senior Scribe

South Africa
    737 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2010 :  18:25:41  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by Zireael

AFAIR "chaka" was a word for house/ruler. Don't remember for sure, but it was certainly used in FRCS and Shining South (the AD&D one!). So it's not 4e Realmspeak, but older.

Ah, yes! Thanks Zireael!

"A chaka, or merchant house, is the most recognized social unit among the people." Shining South

Consider this query answered fellow scribes.

Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page
     New Topic  New Poll New Poll
     Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000