Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 List of NDA's?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2010 :  23:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Where can I find a good list of NDA's? I wasn't aware there were some mysterious of the realms that weren't answered. I thought everything had an answer. Now I'm confused. Can someone give me some examples?

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  00:33:50  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the isnt one

start one.

Jergal is NDA and his connection to both the spell weavers and tri-kreen is NDA

and it is NOt that there is NOT an answer , it is that there are LBA( Legal Binding Agreements) such as the NDA( Non-Disclosure-Agreement) that prevent from getting the answer or even a comment on said issue

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234

Edited by - sfdragon on 18 May 2010 00:36:11
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  00:36:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

Where can I find a good list of NDA's? I wasn't aware there were some mysterious of the realms that weren't answered. I thought everything had an answer. Now I'm confused. Can someone give me some examples?

Every third question on Ed thread is an NDA.

Seriously, if there are compiled lists for NDAs, I think only Wizards and the people who signed would have them. I don't think anyone else has even suggested making such a list.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  01:22:04  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

I'm sorry, that's NDA.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  01:42:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I've jokingly said in the past... it's probably easier to make a list of what isn't covered by NDA's in terms of future Realmslore - especially when it concerns specific Ed-lore.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  06:09:00  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You weren't joking, Sage. It's the truth, particularly post-Spellplague.

What I'd like to know is, how did Ashe find out that the existence of a list of NDA's is covered by an NDA? That NDA is supposed to be hidden and completely disavowed, and the existence of the list only rumoured... someone let something slip somewhere...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  09:56:11  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

What I'd like to know is, how did Ashe find out that the existence of a list of NDA's is covered by an NDA? That NDA is supposed to be hidden and completely disavowed, and the existence of the list only rumoured... someone let something slip somewhere...

Haha indeed
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  10:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ain't it more easy to list what is not NDA with regards to the Realms?

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  11:02:52  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of the things the designers say are under NDA aren't really, they are left to the GM.

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  11:59:33  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Most of the things the designers say are under NDA aren't really, they are left to the GM.

I don't think that's the point. It's simply that authors et al are not allowed to comment or speak about certain FR-related events that they know or write about in the public.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 18 May 2010 12:01:46
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  13:42:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Note my signature.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  15:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We could make a thread listing all known NDA's me thinks!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  01:32:06  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

the isnt one

start one.

Woah, that's news to me! Where do I find info on that?

We do need a list.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  02:17:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

the isnt one

start one.

Woah, that's news to me! Where do I find info on that?

We do need a list.

Courtesy of Ed's scroll [16 May '10]:-
quote:
Hi again, all. Ed just sent me another e-mail, in which he regretfully noted that Jergal is too NDA'd for him to say much about Jergal's mortal existence before ascension. However, he added this enigmatic comment:

Much has yet to be revealed about the spellweaver race and about the racial past/development of the thri-kreen. Both of which have a connection to Jergal (in one case to his mortal self AND his divine self, and in the other only to his divine self).
There. NDAs avoided by one of deftest dances I've had to do in a long time. :}

So saith Ed. Who promises a reply to Joran re paladinhood, next.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Sage on 19 May 2010 02:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  05:44:29  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep... reading Ed's scroll will definitely tell you what has NDAs on it, because if it's NDA'd and nobody else has asked Ed about it, I have.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 19 May 2010 05:44:48
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2010 :  18:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What? How is there not a list? I can think of two on top of my head already?

1: What are the second and six imanaskar?
2: What was Jergal in the past?

I'm not talking about anwswers, I'm asking for what is not covered anywhere. Stuff like the two above is what I want. I don't want the ANSWERS to them, but they are both NDA as to what the answers are.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  00:02:28  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see what you mean, I was thinking along the same lines. A compilation of NDA info known.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  00:57:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I applaud the notion of compiling a list of NDAs, I will note that it would be a considerable undertaking. We're talking about, at least online both here at Candlekeep and Wizards, searching through scrolls from over the last nine years and collecting every single and relevant mention of an NDA that is still NDA in 2010.

I can't attempt anything like this on my own, but I'd gladly participate in any kind of group effort [which would probably meet with more success].

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  09:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another NDAs off my head.
1. The 'lost prince of Evermeet'
2. Arilyn and Danilo's later fate
3. I think Azariah is NDA'ed too... correct me if I'm wrong
4. Mynda Gyrfalcon-Thann's connection to Dan and Arilyn

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  12:05:04  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It might be easier and less time-consuming to list the lore that is not NDA listed? I mean, whatever lore that comes to mind that still up in the air, and never got a conclusion in either the novels or the sourcebooks are likely NDA anyway.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  21:38:40  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
info on the true Blackstaff (artifact) is also NDA iirc

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000