Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A question about Artemis and politics
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  15:47:49  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
SPOILERS FOR THE SELLSWORDS!

In the books Jarlaxle wanted to establish his own kingdom with Artemis. What do you think of Artemis? If he had his own kingdom on surface could he become a really good king? A wise politican? A great military leader?
Or maybe not? What kind of king could he become?

Edited by - Jelennet on 13 May 2010 22:00:36

Sandro
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
266 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  08:30:03  Show Profile Send Sandro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A ruthless, militaristic type, with a zero-tolerance policy on failure. Little or no religion, but I imagine if he cared to stop it crime would be fairly low. Of course, this would all depend on him willing to be king, which I'm not sure I can imagine.

That's all conjecture, made worse by the fact it's been a while since I read the Sellswords, so I've probably forgotten important quotes. Still, it's an interesting question.

"Gods, little fishes, and spells to turn the one to the other," Mordenkainen sighed. "It's started already..."
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  09:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt he would do that. From his reaction, the power or might of ruling is not tempting to him.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000