Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 PATHFINDER subscription query
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

D-brane
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  06:01:09  Show Profile  Visit D-brane's Homepage Send D-brane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been seriously considering whether to purchase subscriptions for the Chronicle and Companion releases for the RPG. But I'm a little hazy about how the process works.

Now, as I understand it, I purchase the subscription. Does that subscription mean I still get charged for each printed release when they come out, or does the subscription fee cover that? Or, does the subscription fee just cover the PDF?

To put it simply, if I purchase a subscription, will my credit card still be charged each time there's a PF release, or is that all covered by the subscription fee?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  10:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every time (and only then!) a new volume of the Chronicles or Companions will be released, your credit card will be charged for this very volume of the Chronicles or Companion series. Then you will be able to download the PDF for free. There is no subscription fee. You don't pay in advance.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 11 Feb 2010 10:23:05
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  11:51:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. The subscription is basicly free -- you sign up, but there's no exchange of money until there's a new product release. When there's a new release, they tell you by emial it's going to ship, and then charge you when it ships. And that's when you get the free pdf.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  13:58:26  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And, if you sign up for the Adventure Path subscription, you get 15% off most purchases (including the AP and other subscriptions) from Paizo.com.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  14:18:34  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the AP, Chronical, and Companion Sub.

Worth every copper!

The Guide to the River Kingdoms is a Piece of Art.

It better win an Ennie this year.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  14:41:16  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been considering an AP subscription as well, especially with Kingmaker having just come out, 30% off the cover price for all AP's with subscription. But I think I may stick to Amazon for the Companions and Chronicles as Paizo doesnt give a cover price discount on those for subscriptions.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  15:25:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit

But I think I may stick to Amazon for the Companions and Chronicles as Paizo doesnt give a cover price discount on those for subscriptions.

If you do that, you don't get the free pdfs.

Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  17:32:10  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

But I think I may stick to Amazon for the Companions and Chronicles as Paizo doesnt give a cover price discount on those for subscriptions.

True, but reading sourcebooks (or any books) on a computer utterly annoys me, so its not a huge loss for me personally.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2010 :  18:35:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

True, but reading sourcebooks (or any books) on a computer utterly annoys me, so its not a huge loss for me personally.

Oh, I'm not a fan of reading pdfs, either... But they are quite handy for quick research or for keeping the book handy, so if there's a free option, I go for it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000