Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lore for Arcane Archery RP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delarwyn
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  16:10:28  Show Profile  Visit Delarwyn's Homepage Send Delarwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi Folks,

I am organizing two things in a game, one is an arcane archery competition and the another is a small militia.

I have being searching for lore to back up both and I haven't find it. I searched in all the main books for elves, but even though they are great in the expression of elven life, they say very few about their festivals.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you.

Archistratege
Acolyte

Denmark
10 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  17:15:11  Show Profile  Visit Archistratege's Homepage Send Archistratege a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not certain if the information ye seek is contained within its pages, but there is a wonderful page I have encountered, called the 'Elven Netbook', which contains a great amount of lost and hitherto unknown knowledge about the ways of the Fair Folk. May it be of much use to you.

Prod this link, and it will direct you to the mentioned 'Book':

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848934/#364078673

Be well, and good luck.

- Be kind, patient and compassionate when possible; It is always possible.

Edited by - Archistratege on 22 Jan 2010 17:16:05
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  17:32:30  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One reason you haven't found anything about arcane archery in the Realms is because it didn't exist prior to 3e, and was never more than shoe-horned in afterward. A few people are referenced as being arcane archers, but it's not really ever expanded, at least as far as I know.

I agree there hasn't been a great deal of information about elven festivals. One place you might want to look is Demihuman Deities, which mentions various relgious festivals. Since archery plays such a role in elven life and mythology (especially for Solonor and Shevarash), you might find something there that would help. You could always ask Ed as well.

Be careful with the Netbook, though. Some of the information in there is canon, but a lot of it is fan-made and there is absolutely no marking to differentiate the two. If that doesn't matter to you, however (and it might not in this case), then the netbook might haven something for you.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  19:42:18  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the only Arcane Archer I ever heard of in the Realms is the current Coronal of Myth Drannor.
prior to this, there was no lore on the Arcane Archer; as stated, did not exist in 2e or 1e.

ironically there was an archer kit in the complete guide to elves in 2e.

IMO: this prc was done in a poor attempt to make Legolas clones, which can be just as bad as Drizzt Clones.
I can never tell which is worst.( btw if you plan to use this prc, use the pathfinder version)

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2010 :  19:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know of at least one other arcane archer: Tsarra, Khelben's apprentice in the first Blackstaff novel. There isn't any lore about the practice given, though, it's just said that Khelben "suggested" that she take it up.

Not only is there an archer kit in the Complete Book of Elves, but there's actually a spell that allows you do to the imbue arrow thing. It's called Conduit, it's a 4th level spell, and allows a caster to put five spells that they currently have memorized onto arrows that they or others can then fire. The spells discharge when the arrows hit something solid. In my mind, that works a lot better than some PrC that can somehow crank out infinite magical arrows out of the aether, against all standing rules to the contrary.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000