Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 1370: The Siege of Ravens Bluff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  07:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow Scribes,

I'm running a 1370 campaign, and looking through books, the only mention I can find of the siege in 1370 is the two pages or so in The City of Ravens Bluff (TSR 9575). It's not even mentioned in the Grand History of the Realms! Is there any other info on the conflict?

There's also passing mention of Amber Lynn being Myrkyssa Jelan, but I haven't had a means of confirming that, as I don't have access to the City of Ravens novel. (Any idea on the dates on the novel, by the by?)

On that note, if Myrkyssa is at first leading the besieging army and then has built herself a persona in the city and uses it to help defeat the army...who was leading the army in her stead?

That said, any additional info or sources (or educated speculation) that be dredged up about the conflict would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  00:50:56  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Use the 3rd edition FRCS and City of Raven's Bluff as a guide; anything else is not canon (the destruction of Raven's Bluff at the end of the Living City RPGA campaign certainly never made it into canon... so whatever City of Raven's Bluff say I'd treat as the official version).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000