Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign for Candlekeep?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  01:51:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be willing to participate, just need the details...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  13:36:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finals adjustments to the overall campaign will be made over the period of this week. There have been a fairly large amount of delays holding this campaign back (as Bookwyrm will already undoubtedly know), but I am striving to have it finished, and ready to play at about the same time I take some much needed holidays from work and university.

October looks to be the starting period. Of course, pre-campaign information will be sent to all interested players, and I will then determine party size once a fair amount of response has been generated.

And Salius, to answer your question, this game will be based in 3.0 edition, with some 3.5 points. I have tried to keep 3.5 changes to a minimum, since some players will not have access to the relevant materials.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  17:19:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Delays? No, gee, I hadn't noticed . . . .

Of course, all players of the 3rd Edition should pick up the 3.5e SRD from the WotC website. It's actually got some useful changes, which I was surprised about. A lot of it's junk, but players should take a look at the feats (my favorite being Weapon Finesse, which was exactly how I was going to make my own version) and the Ranger class is very nice. I'm not so sure about the spell changes. As for skills . . . some good, some bad. Some just strange, due to the difference between them and what I'm used to. I'm using some 3.5e feats in the (highly customized) character I've been waiting for approval on (hinthint, Sage ).

Also, don't be afraid to use d20 things, like (especially) feats. Sage already cleared one for a character, and I'm sure he'll clear another one. (Legendary Ability is the first. Bonus to one ability at 6th, 12, and 18th levels, unless taken after one or more of them. The other is University, which gives +3 Knowledge (any) skill points at odd-numbered levels, starting at 1st.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  08:05:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I have been wanting to run the new, and improved 3.5 sorcerer. I am interested to see how the 'new' sorcerer ability to change memorised spells, translates into game play. I may see about trying to run a sorcerer myself (in this campaign), at least for a period.

I'll look over those feats you were talking about tomorrow Bookwyrm. Although I don't think there should be that much of a problem.

I'll post more details as they develop.

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  23:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you start, do invite me.

Also, what do you have to say bout the 3.5 psy stuff?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  06:35:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will see about sending some information about the game, out to you Salabasha.

Also, what exactly do you mean by 'psy' stuff?...Psionics perhaps?.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  14:05:50  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know nothing, will probably end up being a dteriment to you all and I might kill you by accident. I apologise in the event it happens and I dont have the time to apologise.

Basically, im like a big cute lovable kitten. You gotta love me even though I do no good. Count me in!

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  17:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Muad'Dib, you and I are about the same. The only difference is that I probably have at least three months' head start on learning the stuff, and I'm (probably) more experienced at writing. That only means that I'm more likely to find the actual role-playing easier. When it comes to roll-playing, though, I have no real idea how I'll end up.

So, try not to send an arrow my way, and I'll try not to hit you with my rapier.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  21:41:23  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I will see about sending some information about the game, out to you Salabasha.

Also, what exactly do you mean by 'psy' stuff?...Psionics perhaps?.

Aye.

*pulls out ihs massive sword.
CLEAVE,CLEAVE CLEAVE RAGE AND CLEAVE SOME MORE!

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  07:41:01  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, well it seems that Bookwyrm and I are going to be the Clue(less)-Klutz-Clan - if anyone finds that to be tasteless humour, my apologies, its early

I like Salabasha's style. So when do we get started. I nominate that we all start spamming the sage with pleas to get us started

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  07:45:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MuadDib, if you refer to my post on the 15th, you will see a rough working of the time when the campaign will start. Nothing specific has been worked out yet, due to lack of time.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  05:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not tasteless at all, Muad'Dib, though then again, I think puns are great. They're the best reason I've ever had for reading Asterix.

Sage, I finally looked over the stats for the 3.5e Sorcerer. The only difference I saw was the ability to switch some spells at every fourth level. Why would you think that to be exciting? Except for those points, I don't think playing a sorcerer is really any different now.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  06:15:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can see now that I may have been a little 'over-enthusiastic' about the 3.5 sorcerer. One of the main reasons why I had never played a 3.0 sorcerer PC was because of the inability to change the spell lists once they were selected. This change just seemed to improve the potential for better gaming...at least for someone who has never really played one.

Oh well...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  06:59:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was looking at it more from the role-playing point of view, myself. Though I certainly know what you're talking about there. Personally, I'd like it better if the sorcerer and bard could get more spells. Though I might settle for that 'change' ability at every level, not just every fourth.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  07:05:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true.

I am still a little disappoined with the overall changes made to the Bard class, but not having had the opportunity to role-play/roll-play the class, I really cannot be certain of it's complete list of problems.

I am going to be playing in a friends game soon (as a PC for a change) in a homebrew campaign based on the 'world' of New Crobuzon as presented by China Mieville in such novels as Perdido Street Station, and the more recent The Scar. Although I am not sure how a Bard would fit into this type of environment, but that could be part of the fun of playing the class to begin with.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  07:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, the sorcerer gets the ability every two levels after fourth.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  07:17:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thank you. But I still don't think that it's enough.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000