Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lets talk abut gods who do you think is cool ????
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2003 :  03:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
i think Cyric on the evil side is just coolest the books abut him where so cool and malik is just the perfect seraph for Cyric.
On the god side i must say Tyr he is a straight forward dud who is honest and activ

Mask
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2003 :  20:17:52  Show Profile  Visit Mask's Homepage Send Mask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I like Cyric as well he's not my favorite god. The numbero uno spot is reserved for Bane. Mask is a good second and then comes Cyric. My least favorite are Mystra and Torm. But that's not the subject. Excuse me.

Nothing is impossible!
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2003 :  20:48:16  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lathander for the good guys.

Talos for the bad guys.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2003 :  21:45:11  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not up to date with the Gods (never was), but whoever is evil gets my vote.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2003 :  22:33:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you should have tried scrying for this scroll? Or this one?

Most of the What's your favorite? topics (and certainly all the obvious ones) have been taken.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  01:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you like doing that dont you, wel i did not know of this site then probaley others as wel. so i se no reason not having moore then 2 of somthing
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  06:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It comes with the title "Senior Scribe", they have to say what Alaundo would say, were he about, or they get buried beneath a pile of tomes so high that you could see Thaymount from the top. Of course, once he hits "Master of Realmslore" or whatever, he'll just get really distant and profound and start talking like Elminster.

Oh, and I would say the Lady is my favorite, but she's not really a God(ess) is she?

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General

Edited by - Edain Shadowstar on 18 Aug 2003 06:20:25
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  09:46:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edain Shadowstar said -
quote:
Oh, and I would say the Lady is my favorite, but she's not really a God(ess) is she?
You should look through some of the PS3e material. It states that last year (Year 131 of Factol Hashkar's Reign), a large number of Guvners from the Fraternity were composing a very large treatise that tries to cover every known detail about the Lady. Needless to say, the scribes that the Fraternity sent to talk with the dabus proved less than forthcoming with their information.

I wonder why...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  12:34:57  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who is this lady ????
Go to Top of Page

ByMasksMask
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  13:07:10  Show Profile  Visit ByMasksMask's Homepage Send ByMasksMask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady of Pain??!!??!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  14:13:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyric said -
quote:
Who is this lady ????
and

ByMasksMask said -
quote:
Lady of Pain??!!??!
You are correct.

The Lady of Pain is the ultimate enigma...an enigma which is wrapped in a mystery and sent then floating out into the deep of the Ethereal.

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  17:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What can I say, I love Planescape. I like to throw out references to her every once and a while and see if anyone (other than Sage of Perth) gets it.

Edain Shadowstar

"Mmm…pie…"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  22:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

you like doing that dont you

Yes, I do -- but not in the way you are insinuating. What I like is not correcting others, but helping them. I don't know why you're lashing out at me for it, though. I've never been unpolite when doing this.

quote:

so i se no reason not having moore then 2 of somthing

The reason is twofold, but is really one . . . Alaundo wants to have things in as few places as possible. He doesn't like scrolls that duplicate subjects. Of late, though, other scribes who know of the old scrolls (such as myself, Sage, Zemd, and others) have taken to doing this before he does.

That's one reason. The other is, I think, the same reason that Alaundo does this himself. If all the proper information is in one place, then people new to the site, such as yourself, will be able to find it more easily.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  22:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well lets see, Heads its Bane, Tails its Mask. *flips his coin, rubs his chin and then claps* oooo look its standing up right......

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

ByMasksMask
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  00:38:23  Show Profile  Visit ByMasksMask's Homepage Send ByMasksMask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Cyric said -
quote:
Who is this lady ????
and

ByMasksMask said -
quote:
Lady of Pain??!!??!
You are correct.

The Lady of Pain is the ultimate enigma...an enigma which is wrapped in a mystery and sent then floating out into the deep of the Ethereal.

I still think that she is actually just a mask with two squirels holding a rod of levitation...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  08:33:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer the theory that she is really the physical manifestation of the eternal balancing force of the multiverse.

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  17:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric:

I still think that she is actually just a mask with two squirels holding a rod of levitation...
Wow, well, bye Cyric it was nice knowing you. I'm sure it will only feel like an eternity. (waves goodbye)

Edain Shadowstar

"Mmm…pie…"
Go to Top of Page

ByMasksMask
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2003 :  05:15:54  Show Profile  Visit ByMasksMask's Homepage Send ByMasksMask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Edain Shadowstar

quote:
Originally posted by Cyric:

Wow, well, bye Cyric it was nice knowing you. I'm sure it will only feel like an eternity. (waves goodbye)

...Yes my master plan to get rid of Cyric is finally blossoming...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2003 :  07:33:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps she will just introduce Cyric to the wonderful Lady's Maze....

Anyway I really think we should bring this discussion back to the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  18:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wel i did not mean to lash out at you Bookwyrm. Originally posted by Cyric:

No i did not and are you talking abut Me cyric or the god for Cyric would have crushed the lady of pain
Go to Top of Page

ByMasksMask
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  06:24:50  Show Profile  Visit ByMasksMask's Homepage Send ByMasksMask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is laughable...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  14:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I really have to say is this; When you start talking about crushing gods with other gods and stuff of that likes, you might want to look into some of the mini chrons that they sell. One of them (though I dont remember the name, but I can get ahold of the name for you all) is a chron where you go to stop a minor god of death. This god of death came back in time to have you stop the "younger and mroe unwise" version of himself from killing all the other gods and taking all their power, and then destroying the prime plane etc etc. Yep.... he came /back through time to stop you form him doing so/. What dose that tell you? One powerful sob.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 28 Aug 2003 14:45:54
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eilistraee for the good guys because she is not only kind and beautiful, and will help anyone who needs it, but can also be ruthless and lethal when needed.

For the bad guys, most definitely Cyric.
This guy was just evil personified in the Avatar Trilogy and then ends up with two(?) gods portfolios... 'Nuff said.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

ByMasksMask
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2003 :  06:08:55  Show Profile  Visit ByMasksMask's Homepage Send ByMasksMask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
at the end of the avatar series cyric had killed one(?) god, Bhaal (i won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet but someone helps him kill bhaal.) Then assumes Bane's, Myrkul's, and Bhaal's portfolio. Somewhere between then and the next book, Prince of Lies, he killed Leira, assuming her portfolio of illusions. Cyric then lost the portfolio of death to Kelemvor. Then after the Cyrinishad debacle Mask lost intrigue to Cyric. Then Bane came back and laid the smack down. Anybody up for resurecting Bhaal?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2003 :  09:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Myrkul? I rather liked Sage's twist on the results of the Time of Troubles, with Myrkul surviving in a more limited capacity. Or in your version, Sage, did he keep his death portfolio up until Kelemvor assumed it, leaving Myrkul with just the undead portion?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2003 :  13:57:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Myrkul held onto the death portfolio until Kelemvor was given deity status. Ao then used his power to force Myrkul to undergo a demotion to lesser-god status and received the 'undead' portfolio as his only domain.

There is more, but it involves planar (which is outside the scope of this forum) as well as FR elements.

Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2003 :  22:54:25  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite gods from the Realms are: Bane and Shar.

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  02:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not really one to normaly pick fav gods, but as far as they go, Id have to say its a tie between Kelemvor, Silvanus, and Cyric

Another personal fav is Mielikkiki (I just know I spelled it incorrectly and Im too durn lazy to check Thousand Orcs for the spelling
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  04:40:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...Mielikki...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  05:45:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arteris

(I just know I spelled it incorrectly and Im too durn lazy to check Thousand Orcs for the spelling

There's also a listing in the main library.

Much as some of us (coughpot'n'kettlecough) seem to think otherwise, there's more to the site than the forums . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  17:10:24  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh, thankee :o)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000