Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lets talk abut gods who do you think is cool ????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cyric Posted - 17 Aug 2003 : 03:57:45
i think Cyric on the evil side is just coolest the books abut him where so cool and malik is just the perfect seraph for Cyric.
On the god side i must say Tyr he is a straight forward dud who is honest and activ
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cyric Posted - 21 Sep 2003 : 23:30:00
Some one at last said Kelmor of course Cyric did a exelent job as the lord of dead it was not his strong side kelmore is doing a mouch better job
NightElf Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 21:45:22
Hot off the press, I would have to say that Kelemvor is my favourite deity. The reasons for this don't lie directly with me, just my Dungeons and Dragons characters usually hold the type of personality to have such a deity (aside from the fact that I am ALWAYS a cleric character whenever I can be).

Otherwise, my personal favourite is either one of the Triad or Kelemvor. (for those non-priest followers, the Triad is the allegance between TYR, TORM and ILMATER) This is mostly because of my kind nature and vigilant position which leaves a lot of common ground between my beliefs and those of the Portfolio of those deities.

On top of that, without mentioning my character, I find the spells which are granted by those gods to be particularly interesting. Especially the Dead March spell which Kelemvorite priests can have if they choose the speciality class.

There you go, finished
Cyric Posted - 19 Sep 2003 : 23:13:27
IF Cyric wished he could crush Mystra so could Tyr and Bane. You kind of make Mystra the most powerful god in all of the realms, and magical veapens would harm would it not ?? And Ao would of course intervind if she would rouin the balance i think. And this is getting a bit of topic so we should stopp, son any way.
AraznBlair Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 16:45:25
Remember that she is also a Greater Power along with those that you listed. As for Ao allowing her to with hold the weave from any god, remember also that he did not interfer when Mystra with held the weave from Cyric. Now as for her with holding it from other gods, again that was just hypothetical on my part in a what if situation. Mystra would defenately have to change her alignment to do that. As for any single god killing her that is not possible. Maybe if many banded together maybe. Remember spells do not affect her unless she wants them to. (According to Faiths and Avatars that is, but I do not have it on hand to point it out exactly so maybe if one of our esteemed scribes could find it!) Why she would want to be hurt by a spell is beyond me but that is her decision. So the only way to kill her is by physical attacks that are non magical in nature. But I do believe that in her full power (not as an avatar) she can defeat any number of gods.

She has access to all spells to include those higher than 9th level. How could she not be more powerful then the other gods? I do however admit that Tyr and Bane are powerful gods and Cyric to a degree but over all Mystra is my favorite god.
Cyric Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 16:32:52
Bh Mystra, Ao would not alowd her to block the weave to any god.
And of course i wasent talking bad abut Tyr he is okey

OH,okay,I'm glad you can understand what he was saying.Anyone with a translator for Cyric priest to english?
I recent that comment some of us havent got english as first language. And if she would turn evil the other and turn vs the others gods they would simpley kill her she is not the most powerful god i would say that on the evil side that would be bane and cyric and on the god side tyr( he is more powerful then mystra) and lathander and mystra
AraznBlair Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 15:29:36
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

Not to seem rude or anything, Araznblair, but why Mystra, if I may ask? I'm simply curious...

Like I said I think that she holds power over the other Dieties by being able to with hold their access to the weave. She did this to Cyric and I think that IF she wanted to she could do this to the rest of the pantheon. Now if she was to turn evil and decide to do this could you imagine the possibilities. Perhaps the rest of the world might turn to her in worship making her even more powerful. Now this is only conjecture and speculation on my part but the possibilities that she holds.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 08:57:34
Thats good!! and Cyric I was just having fun! You know Tyr is whom I follow but you are a friend.
Arivia Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 08:01:14
It's okay. I'm used to deciphering posts on forums.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 07:54:11
OH,okay,I'm glad you can understand what he was saying.Anyone with a translator for Cyric priest to english?

Although when I look at it again I looks familiar to me since I am from Georgia.Its just we talk that way and don't write like that.
Arivia Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 07:05:00
No, I realize that. It was Cyric's remarks on activity and worshipers that caused me to say that. I was just remarking that it's personal preference for the gods themselves, and not how much aid I can get from their clergy, that guides my decisions.
William of Waterdeep Posted - 16 Sep 2003 : 06:59:50
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

It's simply personal preference. I'm not going to get into a catfight about this deity over this deity, especially not in these hallowed halls.

Arivia,That is how it should be!!!
Though I don't know if Cyric was speaking well or evil of my Favorite, Tyr.I'm still going to pick on him (for fun)even though I like him.
The Cardinal Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 23:17:20
Not to seem rude or anything, Araznblair, but why Mystra, if I may ask? I'm simply curious... True I carry a strong bias against the Lady of Mysteries, I am willing to put it aside in an effort to understand. I mean people can be wrong about the Deities from time to time... Look at Lolth.. she not really evil...just lonely and acting out for attention... Tis true I swear!
AraznBlair Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 22:45:22
Though I am sure this may cause a few heads to turn in my direction, but I say that Mystra is the most cool. She has the power to prevent any God the use of the Weave. Maybe even Ao (since not much is known about him, this is only an asumtion on my part). She has denied the weave to Cyric and I am sure that if she could do that to a Greater Power then she can to all the powers. This puts her in a higher position of power over the other gods.

I also like the other Gods of Magic, but Mystra tops the list.
Arivia Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 21:54:54
It's simply personal preference. I'm not going to get into a catfight about this deity over this deity, especially not in these hallowed halls.
Cyric Posted - 15 Sep 2003 : 16:59:32
A mind flayer god, okey cyric is way more powerful have more followers and more potent one and mind flayers are in ned of some ass whoping i just state that Cyric since he is a human god. And Tyr and the god side he is activ and has powerful follwers and the like cyrics followers do somthing not cover and hide.
Arivia Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 07:40:08
Unfortunately not...
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 07:35:20
Arivia said -
quote:
Ilsensine: The whole idea of mind flayers,...
Have you ever read the Illithiad, the definitve tome on all things Mind-Flayer?.

Arivia Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 07:06:53
Nothing in common. Here's the individual reasons:
Loviatar & Shar: Researching these deities for my campaigns simply made my like of them grow...and grow...and grow...
Eilistraee, Selune, Sehanine Moonbow: The simple concept and mysteries I usually end up surrounding them with.
Sune: Her temples and her portfolio.
Kiaransalee: City of the Spider Queen and Irae T'sarren.
Mystra: Magic is what attracted me to D&D and fantasy in general, and Mystra is a simple extension of that.
Ilsensine: The whole idea of mind flayers, some picture of an elder brain somewhere, and Ethan's character over at dndorks.com.
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 06:58:44
Is there anything in particular that you like about all of these deities?. Is there a reason?. I am just curious...since it is such a varied selection.

Arivia Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 06:53:50
She's good too, but I simply like the others more.
The Sage Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 06:51:15
Ilsensine...! . What about the Great Mother?...

Arivia Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 00:19:13
My arm-long list of preferred deities is:
Mystra, Loviatar, Selune, Shar, Sune, Eilistraee, Kiaransalee, Sehanine Moonbow & Ilsensine.
Jander Sunstar Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 00:09:07
ý like lathander best because the idea of hope and new beginings affects me very deeply.Although I think the coolest god is Talos(I used to share this destructive behaviour with anything fragile) destroying the moon will just bring more darkness to the night.
Every night finds its dawn
So salute the dawn and morning lord.

William of Waterdeep Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 20:59:09
Well I guess maybe Neverwinter has the largest group of Tyr worshippers but there are other temples.I like Tyr because he is a sign of justice.

Also his name is easy to spell. ha,ha, Joking!!!!
Cyric Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 20:46:00
That is good of course Tyr is the coolest on the god side. but Cyric has the number one place and tyr hasent he maney followers in newerwinter and they arent paladins
William of Waterdeep Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 19:44:57
Well I don't know about being the coolest,or strongest but Tyr is my favorite.I know Tyr is usally followed by Paladins but not necessarily.I did think the Lady of Pain from "Planscape",was cool even if not a God and not of the Realms.I guess Cyric is probably the
winner for Evil.
Cyric Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 14:23:37
Sune and shar are a bit boring they arent in that maney stories that i know of that is but Cyric is in a few and are cool.
reluctant harper Posted - 10 Sep 2003 : 02:56:32
there are a lot of the gods of Faerun that i think are cool. The ones that first come to mind are Shar and Selune as they are the real players in my campaign.
i am also intrigued by Shaundakul, Azuth, Cyric, Tempus and Malar.
Cherrn Posted - 09 Sep 2003 : 22:31:12
You all know Auril is the coolest god.....

Think about it ;)

Apart from that then I think Mask is my favourite.
The Sage Posted - 06 Sep 2003 : 05:50:56
Plus it can be used to add a level of historical mystery that then surrounds these deities...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000