Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Faerun's soccer league
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  21:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's stupid, but very cool. Imagine if exist football in Toril, would exist great teams, one or more for each region, and the lawers of the games would be beholders, because he see everything in stadium(specially fauls) and cancel any magic. If it's real("real in realms, or "imaginary real") the teams would be: Thetyr's djins, Calimsham's Efreeti, The Harpers, Color heads of Procampur, The Purple Dragons of Cormyr, Velociraptors of Chult Jungles, Silver Ravens of Sembia, The blackstaffs of Waterdeep(the treiner would be Khelben), The Overpowers of the Shadowdale(Elminster's team), and a lot of other teams... ...choose(or create a new) your favorite!

Edited by - Alaundo on 14 Sep 2003 09:27:24

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  05:23:25  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, Zimeros. With this post, I could never tell you were from Brazil!

Beholders as the refs? I think they'd be too inclined to take bribes from the Zhentarim or any of the multitude of thieves guilds out there to throw their calls. (Zhent to a Beholder referee"Now make sure the Harpers keep fouling our team and we'll make it worth your while." Later in the game... "Foul on the Harpers! Zhents, take your penalty shot!" )

Now a Spectator... that would be a different story. At least they'd have the right alignment for it (neutral).

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  01:09:28  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking more in the line of:

Player1:
"What the hell ref that was a blatant foul! Give him the durned red!"

Beholder Ref:
"Do not disaggree with me puny human or I will surely destroy you!"

Player1:
"Ahh f......"
*disintegrate*

Beholder Ref:
"Muahahahaha I rule all! *basks in its own supreme power*"

Player2:
"Duhh that's the third of our players, good thing other team lost 2 so far as well... Stupid refuuuuaarghhh!"
*disintegrate*

Beholder Ref:
"Kneel before my power!"

Or at least something like that ;)

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  04:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that is exactly what would happen or they would try and take control of everyone within seven leagues.

I think it would be more fun with no basic rules i think it would be interesting to watch wizard send the goalie to a different plane just to score a goal.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  14:19:31  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or how about having the fighter cleave the backfour to make space for the monk with his superior movement run close and take on the goalie, and scoring cos he used Ki power that set him on fire ?

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  17:35:55  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that would be great

A Drow summons a several globes of darkness blinding the referees (not Beholeders) then the drow goes and uses hsi crossbow to pick off all of his opponents and they continue to score.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  16:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"You look this with diferent eyes". I think that would be diferent, the beholders would be controled by some powerfull human mages, and would receive some golden pieces after each game. Against the "dangerous teams", the great and powerfull teams would create a guard. If the beholders would disagreed with this, the stadiums would be in lands of death magic...

Edited by - Zimeros on 20 Sep 2003 17:44:49
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  22:21:51  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree totally, Zimeros, beholder referees sound a fine idea. With connections throughout the realms [and vast monetary resources] the black Network could put together a fine team of Faerun's finest players. Mayhap it's time to commision a few more boots of speed...

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  17:24:08  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have quite an interesting idea here, but why just limit the game ideas to this. I had a thought whereas you could invent a new type of game which could be used.

Kinda like rugby, crossed with Arena Fighting games, where players are required to push a large block of stone (magically enchanted with rollers underneath) agaisnt the wall of the opposing side. Players can use melee weapons such as Maces and Hammers against each other to prevent "scoring"

I used this idea when my player characters visited a prison. This game was used to decide which inmates of the prison were to be released. Only those who survived were allowed out.

Basically, there are no rules. Usually, the player who has the stone is surrounded by his own team so that they protect him/her. The team who wins could also go free.

How is that?

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Zimeros
Learned Scribe

Brazil
121 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  19:57:29  Show Profile  Visit Zimeros's Homepage Send Zimeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never used this game in my adventures. Some day, chating after our game, we(I and my friends) created this, we think cool, but we never imagine this in the true game. Your ideas are good, I will use this FR's soccer in my campaingn, in West Game, in the coliseum that his name i forget...
I think that would be good, if you use this also, but only who liked this ideas.
My favorite team is Thetyr's Djins! But it has a "enemy team", the Camlinsham's Efreetis...

"Gods protect children and drunks"

Edited by - Zimeros on 22 Sep 2003 16:14:36
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  23:45:48  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evermeet Morning Stars RULE!!!

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000