Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2010)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 87

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  23:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message
Longtime Lurker, name one law of genetics.
(PS: To scribes interested, scroll down to the bottom of the wiki link, above. There, one can find links to a number peer-reviewed articles. Or, one could check out http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/266/5190/1494 to learn more about the chromosomal system of sex determination or the Work of James: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22James%20WH%22[Author] or http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/14/12/3120 and quite certainly hundreds more!)

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!

Edited by - Brace Cormaeril on 18 Jul 2010 23:55:56
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  23:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message
Bruce,

This is not the arena for that. Poor Sage has a difficult enough time collating these scrolls without personal arguments cluttering it even more. Take this to PMs please!

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2010 :  23:27:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Agreed. This is not the thread for yet another off-topic argument. I WILL delete such posts in this thread if it continues.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  00:12:18  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message
I would like to read more about that "Playelf" magazine. THO, could you write a little more? (if it wasn't just a joke)

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  01:39:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Bruce,

This is not the arena for that. Poor Sage has a difficult enough time collating these scrolls without personal arguments cluttering it even more. Take this to PMs please!

Indeed. If such commentary directly relates to Ed-lore posted here, and it's also something Ed can chime in on, then fine. Leave it here. But it's taking a lot of my time and effort to weave through all the side-chatter to find the pieces of Ed-lore posted by the Lady Hooded One.

So, please, take it elsewhere.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  01:42:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HelldoG

I would like to read more about that "Playelf" magazine. THO, could you write a little more? (if it wasn't just a joke)

Addendum:-

Ed, I'd also like to know a little about who would read "Playelf" in the Realms? And, also, where it would likely be sold, as well as any well-known controversies surrounding its content?

Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  01:46:07  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message
Probably in Sune and Sharess temples. Oh, and don't forget about Hanali Celanil, 'couse it "Playelf" we're talking about. :P

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  02:09:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. "Playelf" was, of course, what Ed called it. He even drew a mock Playelf cover once, when he was guest-editing THE CAMPAIGN HACK, the shared long-running "friends who played D&D together" magazine distributed among that circle of friends. Andrew Dewar edited it almost all of the time (though Victor Selby also did a guest editorship), and everyone contributed...for well over a hundred issues.
In the Realms, "Playelf" is known as "The Hunting Horn," and is a series of bi-monthly to quarterly chapbooks put out by an Athkatlan printer under the sponorship of local clergy of Sharess, and sold in the thousands of copies to caravan-masters in Athkatla and Crimmor, who took the copies with them on their trading runs, selling a few here and a few there to festhalls and discerning shopkeepers and individual patrons. The chapbooks contain erotic fiction and sketches, mainly featuring humans, elves, half-elves, and, ahem, "minglings" of those three sorts of partners in various combinations. Rarely, there are also short advice columns on techniques and oils and bindings and aphrodisiac foods, snacks, and drinkables. All fetishes and inclinations are covered, but it's safe to say that most readers of the Horn are male.
I'll see if Ed wants to add anything to this . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  02:12:34  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, something I forgot to add:
Temples of Sune and Sharess may well contain individual copies of "the Horn," bought and brought in for personal pleasure of clergy or even brought as offerings, but those temples typically create and sell their own chapbooks of goddess-oriented erotica.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  03:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

(This'll teach me for not reading for a couple of days!)

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
gomez, I can confirm two things, from my own prior knowledge. Yes, Mystra has had evil (and amoral, self-interested) Chosen...as well as Chosen who have "gone bad."

Hmmm...

How did they manage to balance the basically selfish principles of evil with the divinely ordained mandate to spread the use of magic?

What kinds of things did they do for Mystra? How many of them were actually useful to her long term? (Especially given that by the time of Mystra (LN)'s death, very few of her Chosen were non-Good as far as I know.)

quote:
Originally posted by Baleful Avatar

Re. this, from Menelvagor: "However, seeing as logically half of Azoun's get should be female"
Well, no. Maybe according to the law of averages, but certainly not according to the laws of genetics. The gender of offspring would depend on dominant chromosomes for Azoun and for his partners. Maybe he almost always sires males.

The only relevant answer to that, is that Ed has mentioned that Azoun has fathered bastard daughters in the past (plus he had two legitimate daughters!) and has given no indication that there's any tendency towards mostly male children (ETA: until today *sigh*). It just seems to me that we're more likely to see sons in print than daughters (look at Alustriel's children - we know about her sons, but know next to nothing about her daughters, and Ed's said she has had daughters, he just won't (hasn't) given us any details.)

(Why am I seeing a pattern here, oh... right...)

I don't think this has anything to do with realistic representations of genetics or sex ratios or modern day science. I'd say more, but I don't think a conversation about the systemic under-representation of female characters in speculative fiction in general has a place in this thread.

Lastly - Why doesn't it surprise me there's a Realms "playboy"? Is the The Horn the only one? Are there other ones that cater to different tastes (like for straight women, gay men, gay women, transgender, "hentai", etc?)?

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.

Edited by - Zandilar on 19 Jul 2010 04:24:10
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  04:26:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Heh. "Playelf" was, of course, what Ed called it. He even drew a mock Playelf cover once, when he was guest-editing THE CAMPAIGN HACK, the shared long-running "friends who played D&D together" magazine distributed among that circle of friends. Andrew Dewar edited it almost all of the time (though Victor Selby also did a guest editorship), and everyone contributed...for well over a hundred issues.
In the Realms, "Playelf" is known as "The Hunting Horn," and is a series of bi-monthly to quarterly chapbooks put out by an Athkatlan printer under the sponorship of local clergy of Sharess, and sold in the thousands of copies to caravan-masters in Athkatla and Crimmor, who took the copies with them on their trading runs, selling a few here and a few there to festhalls and discerning shopkeepers and individual patrons. The chapbooks contain erotic fiction and sketches, mainly featuring humans, elves, half-elves, and, ahem, "minglings" of those three sorts of partners in various combinations. Rarely, there are also short advice columns on techniques and oils and bindings and aphrodisiac foods, snacks, and drinkables. All fetishes and inclinations are covered, but it's safe to say that most readers of the Horn are male.
love to all,
THO

Pretty much what I expected... Were the sketches of actual models, or from the imagination?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  05:09:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

love to all,
THO

Pretty much what I expected... Were the sketches of actual models, or from the imagination?

Addendum 2:-

Ed, in addition to Wooly's above query, I'll add another. Would caricatures and/or gross-exaggerations of some of the more "prominent" female NPCs ever grace the pages of the Horn?

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  09:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message
quote:

Heh. "Playelf" was, of course, what Ed. . .
love to all,
THO

Yay! Now a certain character can indeed hide a copy of "the Horn" inside the cover of a copy of "Neverwinter Nights" when he next meets his fellow adventurers.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  10:48:44  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

The only relevant answer to that, is that Ed has mentioned that Azoun has fathered bastard daughters in the past (plus he had two legitimate daughters!) and has given no indication that there's any tendency towards mostly male children (ETA: until today *sigh*). It just seems to me that we're more likely to see sons in print than daughters (look at Alustriel's children - we know about her sons, but know next to nothing about her daughters, and Ed's said she has had daughters, he just won't (hasn't) given us any details.)

Oh Ed, anything on Alustriel's daughters?
How did she react to her son Methrammar marrying Gaerradh the elven scout?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  13:25:46  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
And has any of them appeared in Playelf?

(Which apparently is also the name of a calendar with pictures by Swedish RPG-illustrator Håkan Ackegård. Live, google, and learn I guess.)

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  13:44:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

Hmmm...

How did they manage to balance the basically selfish principles of evil with the divinely ordained mandate to spread the use of magic?

Whilst I'm not Ed - my wife would struggle with the beard thing - I'm guessing that, to paraphrase, there's more than one way to skin a tressym.

Whilst Mystra may have eventually settled on "basically good" Chosen as the most effective means of spreading magic use, she was likely also not averse to harnessing the "striving for greater Art" compulsion in ambitious mages who wanted to best/match/overmaster other wizards of renown or infamy. If she made Larathgael "the Accursed" a Chosen knowing that he happened to have a host of wizardly enemies and the uncanny knack of making plenty more, it was clear that the Art benefited by those enemy mages doing everything in their power to craft ever greater and more puissant Art to best Larathgael - and the fact that he was a Chosen with all the powers and benefits that go with that, just made the cycle perpetuate for a longer period. Everyone wants to be the "fastest wand in the West" and will practice, practice, practice (and craft and shape magic all the while) until they are just that or die trying.

I see aspects of this theory in Ed's handling of Larloch as well as nuances in the "Secrets of the Magister" sourcebook.

No doubt the great man himself will be along directly to let us all know the lay of the land.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 20 Jul 2010 08:30:42
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  15:15:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
You are dead-on right as usual, George!

Zandilar, in the e-mail I posted above re. the Horn, Ed was delicately phrasing the lore that the Horn caters to lesbian, shemales, bondage, interspecies...the whole gamut. Of course, there are also small-circulation, lesser-known "specific" competing publications.

love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 19 Jul 2010 15:25:01
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  21:35:17  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring you Ed's response to this query, from Brace Cormaeril: "A question for Ed: Mystra is very different than the other gods of Faerun, it seems to me.
How is Mystryl affected by the integration of mortals into the goddess, and how are mortals effected by their integration into Mystryl?"
Ed replies:

Uh-oh. Sorry, Brace, but you've run squarely into an outstanding NDA, this one about seven years old but very much still in force, regarding some (future, and perhaps never, and not just involving me) fiction plans by Wizards. Or perhaps it would be better for me to say: a no-go zone to preserve wide flexibility for fiction not yet written. Sorry, but I can't go farther than this general rule:

All deities are strengthened by increasing numbers of worshippers, and weakened by decreasing numbers of worshippers, some far more than others (according to their nature and "other aspects" and divine alliances) in both directions. All deities are informed by the thoughts, memories, and experiences of their worshippers, more than they are by the thoughts, memories, and experiences of those who know of but never worship them, those few who are ignorant of them, and those who worship them only to appease, and not with "dedication."
Mortals can never know the truth about gods, and so are warned not to trust the above statement as a tried-and-true 'mechanism' that can be relied upon for predicting the behaviour of, coercing, or influencing any diety.

So saith Ed.
Sorry Brace, but "them's the rules." NDAs are . . . NDAs.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2010 :  21:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message
Ed of THO, can you answer this (rephrased) query?

Is Mystryl affected by mortals being integrated into it?

Maybe that too strikes to close into NDAville, just thought I'd try to dance around it...

Edit: Just re-read the post above, which uses the phrase 'no-go' zone. If you can say nothing further, please disregard.

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!

Edited by - Brace Cormaeril on 19 Jul 2010 22:03:30
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  00:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
Whilst Mystra may have eventually settled on "basically good" Chosen as the most effective means of spreading magic use, she was likely also not averse to harnesssing the "striving for greater Art" compulsion in ambitious mages who wanted to best/match/overmaster other wizards of renown or infamy. If she made Larathgael "the Accursed" a Chosen knowing that he happened to have a host of wizardly enemies and the uncanny knack of making plenty more, it was clear that the Art benefited by those enemy mages doing everything in their power to craft ever greater and more puissant Art to best Larathgael - and the fact that he was a Chosen with all the powers and benefits that go with that, just made the cycle perpetuate for a longer period. Everyone wants to be the "fastest wand in the West" and will practice, practice, practice (and craft and shape magic all the while) until they are just that or die trying.

In other words, she paints a huge target on them. I guess that makes sense. :)

Quick question for Ed: Were-tressym. Possible?

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  03:25:06  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . . And a quick answer from Ed, Zandilar!:

Oh, yes indeed. :}

So saith Ed. Heh. Who has written about one (but it probably won't see print for years, unless someone forces him to include one in the next Spin A Yarn, by suggesting it at this year's GenCon seminar [hint hint]).
Oh, I'm as subtle as a brick.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  06:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:

So saith Ed. Heh. Who has written about one (but it probably won't see print for years, unless someone forces him to include one in the next Spin A Yarn, by suggesting it at this year's GenCon seminar [hint hint]).

Oh gods, if I were able to get there this year I'd be so suggesting it!

Can he give us any information at all about them? I'd assume they'd naturally be from around Eveningstar (which seems to be the home of tressym-kind)... Do they have three forms (tressym, hybrid, human), or just two? Are they sacred to any particular deity (Selune or Sharess, perhaps?)? How did they come to be in the first place?

I could fill a post with questions, but I'll leave it there.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  10:50:19  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
quote:

I can see the title already:

"The Trouble with Tressym"

I'm not at GenCon this year though.... Can't I sent in that suggestion as this year's theme?

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  13:21:53  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
And are they of the good-trending lycanthropes, or the evil-trending lycanthropes?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.

Edited by - Hoondatha on 20 Jul 2010 13:23:04
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  15:43:49  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
I am speculating but I think were-tressym are most likely good-aligned, and possibly sacred to Sharess.
There may be a hybrid form for the weres - a winged cat-faced humanoid - but it may well be that the natural cat form is the more likely form to take. Were-tressym seem to be excellent spies - able to get to difficult places due to size and mobility. Those among them are likely Harpers as well... (or people who fight for good, who are definitely not Harpers, as we don't have them in these parts no more, please ignore the silvery harp symbol on the collar... :P )
Whatever they are, they are likely to be very fashionable and well groomed... like our Lady Hooded.

Gomez

Edited by - gomez on 20 Jul 2010 15:45:26
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2010 :  22:02:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO

And Ed does include most anything we throw at him....Back at GenCon 2008 I requested a Tressym on behalf of our own scribe Rinonalyrna Fathomlin, and sure enough it showed up in the Spin A Yarn!

* I took notes of most all suggestions, and the percentage that Ed used in the Yarn was staggeringly high!

ed: sp

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 20 Jul 2010 22:03:45
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  00:02:39  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

And are they of the good-trending lycanthropes, or the evil-trending lycanthropes?

Considering that Tressym themselves are intelligent good trending (Usually Chaotic Good) magical beasts, I think the answer should be fairly self-evident. :)

gomez - I'd expect if they had a hybrid form it'd be like most other lycanthrope's hybrid form, which is to say an anthropomorphic version of their animal form, rather than a winged human with a cat face (unless the former is actually what you meant! In which case, ignore me. ).

I agree with the idea that they might be Harpers (or at least friendly towards them) and probably 'sacred' to Sharess and/or Selune.

They would be on good terms with werecats, I think. Not so much the rest of the were-feline family.

I doubt there's very many of them, though, given that their source creature is a magical beast rather than an animal.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

Edited by - Zandilar on 21 Jul 2010 00:11:01
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  01:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
I long ago learned to make no assumptions about the Realms, especially about areas that Ed has long-standing plans and ideas. While I'd agree that my first thought of were-tressyms would be that they'd be good, it's also possible that they aren't, and are using the reputation of their form donors to get close to their targets. It's the Realms, anything's possible.

On a side note, how many different "non-standard" lycanthropes have shown up in Ed's games? The list from the old Montrous Manual has expanded to include were-crocodiles, were-spiders, were-sharks, were-badgers, were-dragons (not exactly lycanthropes, but still), were-eagles (I think), and now were-tressyms, in addition to any others I've forgotten. What creates such an incredible variety of lycanthropes, are there any others Ed knows off the top of his head, and are some of them normally only found in specific places (like were-crocs mostly appearing only in Mulhorand and certain parts of Zakhara)?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  01:48:09  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
I'm thinking the huge variety of lycanthropes has to do with the "odd" nature of lycanthropy (disease/curse/magical...that last part being most important; i.e. because the Weave "was everywhere" and the Realms was an active-magic or "high-magic" world, there was lots of lycanthropy.
This is, of course, just my speculation, but it fits in well with what Ed has been telling us for years.
Ed? THO? Squash me, confirm what I say, or - -?

BB
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  05:37:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Don't forget the werebeholder. Any chance of some information on that beastie, Ed?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 87 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000