Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2010)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 87

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  20:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Re. this, from GoCeraf: "What are some of the preferred board games among some of the FR characters? Specifically, I'm curious about Elminster, Shandril, and maybe Alustriel."
I'm thinking Shirestone, that Ed mentioned at several GenCons, and maybe Swordsman At The Bridge, that he talked about at the last Milwaukee GenCon.
Shirestone is a "track" game of strategic movement where the moves are earned by winning "tricks" at cards, if I remember it rightly, and Swordsman At The Bridge is one of those games played by moving pegs stuck into a pattern of holes drilled in a small sqaure piece of wood, where the "bottleneck" in the hole-pattern is the bridge, and one side is numerically superior (the "Wolves" or "Goblins") to the other (the "Swordsman"), but the Swordsman is a stronger "piece" than any of its foes.
THO? Ed?
Am I on the right track here?
BB
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  20:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Hmmm. Is "Swordsman At The Bridge" similar to Ed's "Chasing the Leucrotta"? That one was moving pegs, with two forces involved...
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  21:47:59  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Re. this, from GoCeraf: "What are some of the preferred board games among some of the FR characters? Specifically, I'm curious about Elminster, Shandril, and maybe Alustriel."
I'm thinking Shirestone, that Ed mentioned at several GenCons, and maybe Swordsman At The Bridge, that he talked about at the last Milwaukee GenCon.
Shirestone is a "track" game of strategic movement where the moves are earned by winning "tricks" at cards, if I remember it rightly, and Swordsman At The Bridge is one of those games played by moving pegs stuck into a pattern of holes drilled in a small sqaure piece of wood, where the "bottleneck" in the hole-pattern is the bridge, and one side is numerically superior (the "Wolves" or "Goblins") to the other (the "Swordsman"), but the Swordsman is a stronger "piece" than any of its foes.
THO? Ed?
Am I on the right track here?
BB

I wish I were more versed with Realms trivia, 'cause I'd love to be able to drum up knowledge like that without asking.

Actually, and I should have been more specific in my original query, I was more curious about it in the way that a psychology professor might ask such a question. Something along the lines of "If you were an alcoholic beverage, which one would you be?" So the question itself, even though I failed to specify this, would have likely restricted the answers to Earth board games or those in the Forgotten Realms that are closely analogous to our games such that they could be explained by citing one as a reference point.

Forgive me, for I am an engineer. Our questions only run in two dimensions

All the same, thanks, Blue.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  02:02:14  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
GoCeraf, I bring you Ed's answer to your question:

In terms of real-world board games, Elminster would like chess, or more precisely, a variant of chess (of the sort collectively known as "faery chess," down the decades) in which certain pieces can temporarily go invisible, and/or be disguised for a time as other pieces.

Shandril would like one of the more complex "follow the track" games, in which one moves along a path, getting somewhere, and dealing with hazards that come up along the way. If she had to play a game with the Knights, it'd be a classic card game: Mille Bornes, the road rally game.

And Alustriel would love a 'builder' game, like Thurn und Taxis (the coach-route-building game), Rail Baron, or something of the sort.

If El and the Chosen were playing together, it's be Empires of the Middle Ages, all the way. :}

So saith Ed. There you go, GoCeraf: a swift reply from Ed, who's Spinning a Yarn as I post this.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  04:31:36  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.

In terms of real-world board games, Elminster would like chess, or more precisely, a variant of chess (of the sort collectively known as "faery chess," down the decades) in which certain pieces can temporarily go invisible, and/or be disguised for a time as other pieces.

Shandril would like one of the more complex "follow the track" games, in which one moves along a path, getting somewhere, and dealing with hazards that come up along the way. If she had to play a game with the Knights, it'd be a classic card game: Mille Bornes, the road rally game.

And Alustriel would love a 'builder' game, like Thurn und Taxis (the coach-route-building game), Rail Baron, or something of the sort.

If El and the Chosen were playing together, it's be Empires of the Middle Ages, all the way. :}

So saith Ed. There you go, GoCeraf: a swift reply from Ed, who's Spinning a Yarn as I post this.
love,
THO

Thanks, as always, for the correspondence, THO.

Here's hoping there's a nifty sweater to be had, soon.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  04:51:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.

As an comedic aside to this, my lovely Lady, can I also ask whether Elminster would be a fan of any of the "themed" chess sets we often see for sale? Obviously, the themed 'Lord of the Rings' chess set is a consideration, I suppose, but I'm really looking for options that, perhaps, wouldn't be so immediately considered.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  05:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
I could kind of see a Red Wizard theme, with the Simbul being the opposing side. Big surprise the Queen has all the power, right?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  07:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Are there variants of 'strip' gmaes in the Realms? And if so, how widespread are they? Would El be the kind of guy to go to for a game of strip chess? Lastly what kind of games would Azoun enjoy?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  09:12:50  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
In 4th ed, the Harpers are now a small group only limited to Luruar.
They are quite a different organisation than the old (3rd ed) Harpers.

I deduce that means that Storm no longer belongs to the Harpers, and neither does the other people that surround and aid Elminster and Storm.
If that is correct (?), then does that small groep of aides have their own name? If so, what is it, or, if not set in stone, what would Ed suggest?
Or would they rather stay nameless and only be known as the former Chosen's friends?
Also, names of those aides (other than the ones I suggested above) would be welcome ;)

Also, do the Knights of Myth Drannor still exist?
If so, how would one join them? And if not - would that means the name is available for a new group - not necessarily affiliated with Cormyr, but maybe Myth Drannor itself?.

Gomez,
who fears that the answer will be NDA, NDA, NDA, maybe.... but let's hope for the best :P

Edited by - gomez on 25 Jun 2010 09:32:28
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  10:23:58  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Menelvagor

Are there variants of 'strip' gmaes in the Realms? And if so, how widespread are they? Would El be the kind of guy to go to for a game of strip chess? Lastly what kind of games would Azoun enjoy?

Which Azoun?
I don't think El would. Too old.
Azoun IV enjoyed chess (Cormyr: A Novel).

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  13:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
Age has never slowed El down before, no reason why it should here. And from his history, finding attractive lasses to play the opposing side probably wouldn't be much of a problem either.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  14:48:51  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
THANK YOU!
THAT WAS AN AWESOME ANSWER, I LIKE ORCS MORE NOW!
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  16:44:57  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Yes, but what else besides Chess did Azoun enjoy?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  17:05:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
gomez, your deduction re. Storm's 4e membership in the Harpers is incorrect. I have a strong suspicion that the Harpers lore in the 4e Campaign Guide is "what most folk believe" rather than the truth. We may all learn a little more about this soon. Which is about as far as I can go, given the NDAs in force at the moment.
Ed can probably reply to your other queries (again, given NDAs, "a little"), so of course your queries have been sent on to him, to see what comes back for us all . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  17:24:48  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message
You almost killed my heart when you said about diminishing numbers of Harpers. What lady said makes sense: with the structure of Harpers it is impossible to destroy all the network, even weaken, as said in 2ed book Code of the Harpers.

I wanted to give the great messenger of the Power of the Realm greater than Ao and DMs some questions from 'little' category to throw in heap.

What effects have mixing of alcohol drinks does with magic potions, starting from the healing to the great arcane conoctions? What harmful effects can occur and what good can come of it if there are good ones? Does somebody do that?

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  17:37:24  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Back on page 44 of this thread, sfdragon asked: “Can you share tips and advice on writing stories ???”
Ed now replies:

Certainly. Herewith, a few REAL basics, for the beginner.

1. Do it on computer, and save working versions of your files and backups (NOT just on the hard drive, but on “thumb” USB drives, diskettes, out on the Net, etc.). Handwritten or typewritten just doesn’t cut it these days. DO print out physical copies.

2. Start small. It’s easy to bog down on a novel, or a long, sprawling story. Most novels have chapters for a reason. Take small steps, get them done, and eventually your longer journey will be done.

3. Have a plot. A “story” isn’t just an ongoing sequence of “and then this happened” events. You should have a plan, an arc of action, and something to say that’s worth someone’s time to read it. Don’t just “start writing,” except to get the feel of characters or to sketch in the setting.

4. Stories happen to people (though they might be talking flying skulls, dragons, or hissing serpents, not humans). “People” as in: characters the reader cares about, so what happens “matters.” You have to make the reader care about them, so focus on a few characters so you can do that.

5. Writing the story chronologically is sometimes easiest for a novice writer, but it’s also the way to bog down over “difficult” scenes. Think of GOOD “rock videos” that tell stories: a few very brief scenes, skillfully edited, to pack a lot of information into a very short time. If you bog down, stop trying to write from beginning to end, and just write those key scenes. Now, assemble them and read them, then consider: can the rest of it all be left out? What’s the minimum you can tell the reader, for the story to make sense and the “big scenes” to really have impact? Do that minimum, and no more. We don’t need endless descriptions of characters brushing their teeth or getting dressed. If it doesn’t enhance your tale, leave it out.

6. End with something solid or dramatic or both. There doesn’t have to be a trick or surprise at the end, but avoid ending a story in such a way that the reader exclaims, “Huh? Is that it?” and looks to see if a page has gone missing. You want the reader to be satisfied at the end. Desperately wanting more, perhaps, but feeling they saw enough that they know “how things turned out, thus far.”

7. Avoid trouble: don’t use copyrighted characters or settings, or real persons or companies, without permission. There are of course exceptions to this, but know your ground before you rush headlong over it. When in doubt, always create something new. For one thing, it adds to our collective creative experience, whereas borrowing the familiar is less bold, less rich, and adds less for us all (think of endless Hollywood sequels and remakes, compared to the excitement of something good that’s NEW).

8. Tell your tale as simply and clearly as you can. (Good grammar and proper spelling, but also clear description so the reader is never in doubt about who’s speaking, or who has the glowing sword.) If you don’t know what a word means, look up its meaning or don’t use it. Avoid the empty, overblown jargon favored by many pundits, government spokespersons, and the like. I have a house full of books; I’m not going to be impressed by your ability to include big words, especially where they aren’t appropriate, or just confuse the storytelling.

9. Don’t switch points of view in the same scene. If you want to show us X’s inner thoughts, fine - - but if you then want to jump inside the head of Y, start a new scene. EVERY time. If the result is forty-six scenes, each a paragraph long, you’re doing it wrong, and the reader has probably plunged into motion sickness and given up reading some time ago.

10. Keep things moving. Not every part of a story has to be a race or chase scene, or hurtle along at breakneck pace, but the writer should be aware of the pacing of a story when it’s “finished,” and rewrite to guide that pace to take away scenes or passages that just bog down.

11. Don’t be afraid to rewrite. You’re using words that have been used millions of times before; they aren’t sacred. Don’t say a story is “done” until it’s told.
Which is NOT the same as “until you’re happy with it.” Some people NEVER stop tweaking and polishing a story, and usually end up with something that’s flat and painstakingly detailed and “overwritten.” Worse: they can no longer see its flaws, because they’ve worked on it SO long and hard. That’s why I said to save draft (working) versions, earlier; sometimes, you should go back to an earlier version of the story.

12. Do it. Don’t endlessly plan your writing and detail characters and places but never get around to writing. That’s like trying to become a top tennis player by endlessly buying gear and books and watching tennis on television. To get good at writing, you have to do it. A lot. Over and over. Like everything else, you get out of it what you put into it. Everyone can play “air guitar,” but can you dash off sizzling guitar solos on the real thing? If you’ve never even held one?

So saith Ed. Setting forth some of the REAL basics for us all. Pray heed, all scribes who intend to write.
And to those who feel moved to snidely observe that Ed breaks these rules, I’ll add this, as a sometime professional editor: It’s okay to break rules, in writing, but you MUST know the rules and break them deliberately, not blunder along and break them without knowing it - - or the result will always be bad.

Love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 25 Jun 2010 20:52:06
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  20:55:16  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Beautifully put. I'm going to print, clip, and save this last post of Ed's. Nothing new to me, but simply and clearly put and ESSENTIAL for any writer (because, as proclaimed, it's a few of the basics, and we can all use the reminder from time to time).
Thank you, Ed.
We all owe you so much, we scribes here at the Keep: your world, your friendship, your handy lore retrieval, your writing new stuff just for us (for free, yet!), and the xample you set for us all.
Thank you.

Edited by - Baleful Avatar on 25 Jun 2010 21:02:54
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  21:32:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
First, a question:

In another thread we are discussing Askavar - it is mentioned as a 'lost kingdom' in the 2e FR box, so I figured I'd AskaEd (terrible pun, I know).

Can't really find anything else about it, even in places which should include info, and it appears to have been misnamed Anauria in an article in Dragon 222, adding to the confusion.

Got anything for us?

Second, I was going to say that there are exceptions to all the rules you put forth, but you better be a damn talented writer in order to get away with it. However, it appears THO has once-again covered her bases (if not her 'soft parts' ) with that bit at the end.

I can tell you that Frank Herbert's Dune takes an axe to #9 and locks it in a cell with no key... yet it works. The original movie version, however, tried to maintain that 'feel', and what we got was a rather silly 'telepathetic' thing going on showing everyone's thoughts throughout the film. Note: What works in a novel doesn't always work of the silver screen.

Thanks for the advice, Ed - I can see myself guilty of several of those mistakes (most notably items 11 & 12). When I'm a published author I'll have to dedicate my first novel to you (of course, we may both be in our second century by then...)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Jun 2010 23:00:38
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  21:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Yes, to echo BA, these writing basics are much appreciated. I also appreciate Ed's kindness, humor, and upbeat "happy guy" approach, which remains a bright lantern here at the Keep when other threads are often darker with conflict, these days . . .
I suspect Ed will miss Paizocon and Origins again this year, because he just can't afford to travel to them, and he never grouses about not getting rich from gaming.
When (okay, if) I grow up, I want to be like Ed Greenwood.
Thanks, Ed.

And I would be remiss if I didn't also thank our kindly, teasing, flirtatious (and, hey, MUCH appreciated for that! sometimes it's like online chat sex, in here!) Lady Hooded. Thank you for bringing us Ed and your own memories and smiles...
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  21:40:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Why, thank you!
(With all this praise ringing out, I'd just like to point out that neither Ed nor I are dead, dying, or thinking of retiring from the Keep or from gaming, yet. )
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  23:05:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
LOL!

Got a queasy feeling your attending your own eulogy?

Fear not, O' lady of the sensuous hood - me thinks we scribes can get quite a bit more mileage from thee.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2010 :  23:56:53  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Yes, and as I enjoy being ridden, saddle me up!
Ahem.
As for Askavar: I don't think Ed ever wrote much lore about it, but he does have a page or two that's unpublished that I've seen in his study. (Years back; it may be deeply buried by now - - or he may be able to grandly present it here, shortly after your query reaches him. We'll see . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

dravenloft
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  00:32:49  Show Profile  Visit dravenloft's Homepage Send dravenloft a Private Message
I've been pondering the various temples and shrines of the Realms and wondered: What do any of them look like? Inside and out. Grand tour style. (I just had a funny mental image of someone doing like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous for Gods )

Yes, there're gods I'm more curious about than others. Lliira, Selune, Mystra, Sharess, but honestly I'm barely any less curious about any others. Whatever m'lady THO or m'lord Ed should care to share is, as always more than satisfactory.

Space Opera, Planetary Romance, Speculative Fiction and similar by me.
check it out at http://universal-nexus.com
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  15:40:35  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message
Yee hhaaa with or without spurs great Lady???????? with or without?????? ;-)

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  16:52:51  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oooh, spurs . . .
Ahem. I DO need soft, healing times, occasionally.
Sill Alias, I recall listening to a Gygax and Lakofka GenCon seminar in which they said alcohol ruined the magic in magical potions, on contact. Which in those days, with essentially only two loud voices in D&D (TSR and Judges Guild), was instant canon.
(Eeee, I feel old. Feel me . . . see? )
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  17:14:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO

I've heard it said -- with regards to men -- that you're only as old as the woman you feel. I'd imagine that the reverse was true for women.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  17:40:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO
Apparently, there's a technique available that let's you determine just how old you really are. And that is:- Do you grunt or sigh when you sit down or get up? If so, then according to the "theory" supporting this technique... you're old.

Needless to say, when I first heard that, I was very cautious for about a week each and every time I say down anywhere.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  21:37:32  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

love,
THO
Apparently, there's a technique available that let's you determine just how old you really are. And that is:- Do you grunt or sigh when you sit down or get up? If so, then according to the "theory" supporting this technique... you're old.

Needless to say, when I first heard that, I was very cautious for about a week each and every time I say down anywhere.

Heh... by that "theory," any pregnant woman in her third trimester is old... and I don't want to be the bearer (pun intended) of that news.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 26 Jun 2010 21:38:55
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  23:32:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
What if the noises do not emit from one's mouth?

You remind me of a lady Gamer I knew MANY years ago THO, back in the days when such things were rarer then a generous Sembian. You make me smile... and wax nostalgic...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've heard it said -- with regards to men -- that you're only as old as the woman you feel. I'd imagine that the reverse was true for women.
Ack!

My GF is older then I.....

Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  02:34:51  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One If you want to ask Ed directly about this, by all means post questions in his thread.

I'll take you up on this, THO.

Ed, The Seven Sisters sourcebook (pg.40-41) states that the Simbul has vowed to destroy Thay. Could you elaborate on this vow? Why did she make it? And if she is capable of razing Thay, why has she not seen through this vow?

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 87 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000