Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Paul S. Kemp has ended his relationship with WotC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2010 :  21:32:11  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the Link to Paul's Blog and what he said about it:

http://paulskemp.livejournal.com/273952.html

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 05 Mar 2010 21:32:41
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2010 :  06:29:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to speculate here on why they reversed their decision, but I have some pretty good ideas involving a large body of loyal readers... okay, so I'm not going to speculate any further.

This. Is. Very. Good. News. Best Realmsian news I've had since learning about the Grand History of the Realms, in fact.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2010 :  10:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, pretty much the only decent Realms related news since Grand History came out.
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2010 :  03:36:55  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and now he is writing a Golarion novel, all the more reason to make the switch

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2010 :  02:33:21  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Here is the Link to Paul's Blog and what he said about it:

http://paulskemp.livejournal.com/273952.html

My head just exploded!!!!

i was just rereading the Erevis Cale trilogy today and now I see this most excellent news!!!!!!1
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  23:02:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, vitriol... once one of my favorite fonts to sip from...

Congratulations, Mr. Kemp - if you recall I recommended this very move a year ago.

No negativity here - ALL positivity (is that even a word?). I had said after reading his two series that I thought he should no longer be writing 'game novels' - his writing quality definitely plants him firmly in the mainstream, where he belongs.

Not that there is anything wrong with folks who write novels based on games, but there is a point wherein I would think every author would like to cross that line from "making a living" to 'literature'. I think Paul has the talent to do so.

Edit: I guess I should have read through the entire thread before making my commentary. Whatever, I wish him the best.

Edit2:
quote:
Originally posted by MerrikCale

and now he is writing a Golarion novel, all the more reason to make the switch

Which makes me wonder if part of the initial problem was some sort of 'exclusivity' contract with WotC.

But we will never know, will we?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Jun 2010 23:40:23
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  23:17:40  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am glad the novels are back on.

I found Paul's STAR WARS novel Crosscurrent very good.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2010 :  05:45:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
Which makes me wonder if part of the initial problem was some sort of 'exclusivity' contract with WotC.

But we will never know, will we?

No we won't, but I have a feeling that it may have something to do with WotC simply being uncompetitive in terms of $$$.

That's not based on anything to do with the esteemed Mr Kemp but I know that a couple of years ago WotC was definitely trying to lowball fiction writers on book rates. I'm thinking that their attitude in that regard is unlikely to have changed in the meantime.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000