Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pathfinder rules updating the Realms.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  15:57:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And, for everyone's reference, most of the coding usable on this forum is explained here: Forum FAQ.

Me, I didn't find that FAQ until I'd figured out how to do everything by seeing how other people did it.

I've actually discussed with Alaundo having an easy-reference page of HTML tags and the like available with the update to Candlekeep 2. It'll make it easier for scribes to conduct their links and postings with little difficulty.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Aug 2009 16:02:40
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:10:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And, for everyone's reference, most of the coding usable on this forum is explained here: Forum FAQ.

Me, I didn't find that FAQ until I'd figured out how to do everything by seeing how other people did it.

It's because of the first rule of the Forum FAQ:

You don't tell ANYONE about the Forum FAQ

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  22:25:00  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I'm curious about how best to present the PrC document I'm creating. Should I remove the fluff I've got in it, for copyright issues?
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  23:30:50  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Dunno honestly... as long as you put that it is technically the property of wizo it should be ok not like your selling it or trying to promote it as a new product, so it should be fine with the fluff.

Least i think it should be ok.

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  22:14:28  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Hmm, I'm curious about how best to present the PrC document I'm creating. Should I remove the fluff I've got in it, for copyright issues?

What do you mean by fluff? Did you copy/paste all the info and then made the changes? If so, then yes, I would remove any of that info.

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  03:58:06  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've removed it, mainly for brevities sake! No sense in having half the document taken up with information on what a Purple Dragon Knight is, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  15:11:53  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a thread over at Paizo detailing some of the changes, which you can see here.

PFRPG Info
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  15:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of particular interest is the news that a conversion document will be available on the 13th, as per this blog post.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  18:41:47  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ARRRGGGHHHH!! NDA restraints getting too tight!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  21:29:19  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is a question, did Paizo release in a product the stats that the drow have or is that something to be announced later. I know about there drow adventure path so I figure it is in there, but I would like to see how paizo made the drow, stat wise and all.
Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2009 :  21:46:50  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drow are a totally evil race in Golarion, so they are not seen as a class available to players. In the third adventure path Second Darkness we got drow enemies with stat blocks.

For further information see this thread.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads
Go to Top of Page

freyar
Learned Scribe

Canada
220 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2009 :  14:15:08  Show Profile  Visit freyar's Homepage Send freyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stat-wise, though, second darkness is 3.5e. The Pathfinder RPG drow have a stat entry in the Pathfinder Bestiary due out (I think) in October.

My DnD Links and Creations
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2009 :  15:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the word file for the Players Guide PrC down to 33 pages. I think there's still a few formatting muckups in it, but nothing too serious. Going to be a lot of work tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  15:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Conversion Guide is up.

http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy89m6

Do note that the Paizo site is getting hit harder then the Pizza store at an anime convention.. and it's still three hours till the RPG gets released. So yeah.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2009 :  19:19:41  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That doesn't suprise me.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 13 Aug 2009 20:09:49
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2009 :  03:35:05  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool info, Uzzy cant wait to see what you've done :)

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  03:34:57  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A preview of the Bestiary is up as well for free. Includes the Tiefling stats!

Bestiary preview

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  07:45:20  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw that and it is awesome :)

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  17:38:52  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I can't seem to find the original thread that was talking about the Assassin's not having spellcasting anymore and I had promised an update after my NDA was up.

The 'update' is that Rogues can choose Minor Arcana (a 0 level Sorcerer/Wizard spell) and Major Arcana (a 1st level Sorcerer/Wizard spell) as Rogue talents, so there's still a way for Rogues/Assassins to have some spell access.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  17:50:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

By the way, I can't seem to find the original thread that was talking about the Assassin's not having spellcasting anymore and I had promised an update after my NDA was up.

The 'update' is that Rogues can choose Minor Arcana (a 0 level Sorcerer/Wizard spell) and Major Arcana (a 1st level Sorcerer/Wizard spell) as Rogue talents, so there's still a way for Rogues/Assassins to have some spell access.

Aye, they had that talent in the Beta rules as well. :) I noticed them when I was looking over the rogue for your game.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2009 :  18:12:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Markus Golarion Scroll Ashe.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  21:37:32  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is fantastic!

I was considering running Fr with pathfinder after WOTC stunted the realms.

Recently I have switched to GOlarion, and it may be good enough to keep me. UNfortunatley 4e took everything away that I liked in the realms.

SO glad Pathfinder is great and I never have to look back.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2009 :  12:23:10  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone tried importing Golarion traits into Faerun? I use different rules but it seems they would add more uniqueness to the cultures and regions. Never liked how they've done regional feats in 3e.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  09:39:01  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I'm one of those still waiting to get my Pathfinder tome, but I did come across something that seems to answer a lot of my questions and makes me want my book all the more. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting this here, and I don't think so personally. I hope that this helps some of you that are wanting to know more about Pathfinder and what you're getting into. I especially hope that Sage finds this useful.

Pathfinder Reference Document

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  10:05:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed! Thank you, Joran. This shall prove most interesting.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  16:35:01  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Indeed! Thank you, Joran. This shall prove most interesting.

You're more than welcome, Sage. I'm just glad I could help you out a little for a change.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  20:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will be OT but wow, I'm surprised to see how many FR folks are going to Pthfinder/Golarion, like I did.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  20:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, everything I've read so far makes Pathfinder sound just awesome!

Thanks again Ashe for pointing the way over to Pathfinder! I never even knew it was coming out, LOL!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ghost King
Learned Scribe

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  21:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Ghost King's Homepage Send Ghost King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got my Pathfinder as well and I'm impressed! I think I might update my homebrew setting to this system as well as all my FR characters. And for once every class looks like it gets something at every level instead of a bunch of dead levels!

Thanks again to Ashe and everyone that brought this to my attention. Now to begin the lengthy process of converting my gaming group to Pathfinder! A gamer's job is never done.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  21:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I myself am looking forward to converting my characters over to Pathfinder. Especially Joran with all of the new abilities for paladins.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000