Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Brotherhood of the Griffon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  14:42:50  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I apologize if this has already been posted (I did a search but didn;t see anything). Anyway, it lookis like Richard Lee Byers next series is called The Brotherhood of the Griffon and the first book, The Captive Flame, will be relaesed in April 2010.

Description = "The Brotherhood of the Griffon emerges from the ashes of the war in Thay a mere shadow of its former glory, but free of the machinations of wizards and undead alike. Only to find themselves pawns in the midst of a new game just as deadly—and this one has only just begun."

Link = http://ww2.wizards.com/books/Wizards/guides/FRNovelsGuide.pdf

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  17:03:29  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i just hope its better than the year of rogue dragons.im more lookin forward to something new from thomas reid.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  17:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds pretty good! I hope it features Aoth. He was an amazing character to read about and I was hoping to see more of him showing up in the 4E novels.

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  17:48:23  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sith_Lord_Drizzt

This sounds pretty good! I hope it features Aoth. He was an amazing character to read about and I was hoping to see more of him showing up in the 4E novels.

whos he.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  20:12:51  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty
whos he.

One of the main character from Haunted Lands trilogy who is a griffon rider.

Actually Richard already stated on Chamber of Sages, that Aoth will be in The Brotherhood of the Griffon trilogy.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  20:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Possible spoiler...

Aoth was the leader of the Brotherhood of the Griffon in the Haunted Lands trilogy by Richard Lee Byers.

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  07:43:31  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

i just hope its better than the year of rogue dragons.im more lookin forward to something new from thomas reid.

You should try The Haunted Lands, swifty... It's a wonderful trilogy. (I have never read Year of the Rogue Dragon, but I heard that its way better)

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  14:27:31  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

quote:

You should try The Haunted Lands, swifty... It's a wonderful trilogy. (I have never read Year of the Rogue Dragon, but I heard that its way better)

I am finishing up the Haunted Lands trilogy right now. very good realms trilogy. I also read YotRD trilogy. They both receive good marks from me.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  14:35:13  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

quote:

will get there in the end.just making my way through the priests series so and i still have quite a few other trilogies to get through first.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000