Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Playing with strange characters
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  02:43:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...

I think allowing a Fey'ri into a party that comprises (mostly) of Paladins and Lawful Clerics maybe a little unbalancing, or at least difficult to roleplay...I'll have to rethink strategies for this campaign.

Thanks Jander...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  16:33:03  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As any evil character in a good alg party but although fey'ris are usually cha/evil, other alg can be possible. A chaotic neutral sorcerer or multiclassed rouge Fey'ri can be a nice genuine char
I like marginal char in my campaings and I tend to play as marginal as I can when I m a player

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  05:42:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...

I've convinced the player in question to switch PC races, at least for the time being. She's now using a Tiefling instead - the alignment balance issues are easier to deal with...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Von Seossk
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  02:34:55  Show Profile  Visit Von Seossk's Homepage Send Von Seossk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The most annoying characters I've ever had in a campaign were two close friends who ended up playing twin dromites psions. My god...it was like DMing Chip and Dale. They spoke in high pitched voice, finished each other sentences, had multiple catch phrases, and basically ran amok. They would smell everything that came across and tried to commit it to memory, making in the process half of Waterdeep into members of their extended family. The strangest thing I've ever played was a nasty lizardfolk who had a penchant for biting enemies in half, particullary goblins. We had a paladin in the party who already tested me with Detect Evil, didn't find anything (I was CN), and he saw me grapple and bite a goblin in half, and I was labeled "Demon" for the remainder of the campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:59:32  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once played a Bard character who wrote poems about things that happened in the game. Sometimes it was catchy and sometimes it just didn't make any sense at all, simply an excuse to have it rhyme.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  21:21:25  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's not that Realms-ian but...

I once played twin Kender, a boy and girl, both rogues...just to prove a point to a DM that kender were a broken race and why I nevr allow a PC I am DMing to play a kender

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page