Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cormyr Rewards
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

X_Ice_X
Acolyte

Portugal
20 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  11:33:15  Show Profile  Visit X_Ice_X's Homepage Send X_Ice_X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello guys I know cormyr used a system to reward adventurers that worked quite well. Though I have been unable to find it in the books. Can anyone describe it or point out where to find such an information?

In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot, this system could be a good start specially being canon it would obviously be heard of as adventurers travel and spread the word.

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  12:08:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are some nice recipes in Volo's Guide to Cormyr. Give one of these as a reward and their tummies will be quite happy (especially with the Stag Meat recipe...mmm mmm good)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  13:52:23  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about the Adventurer's Charter in Cormyr? I don't know if there are any real 'rewards' to it, but you can't function in Cormyr without one.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  14:48:31  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Are you talking about the Adventurer's Charter in Cormyr? I don't know if there are any real 'rewards' to it, but you can't function in Cormyr without one.

Come now, every adventurer knows it is rewarding to be chartered within the Kingdom of Cormyr

Go to Top of Page

X_Ice_X
Acolyte

Portugal
20 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  18:35:10  Show Profile  Visit X_Ice_X's Homepage Send X_Ice_X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Adventuring is frowned upon without an official license, but adventurers could likely lend a tremendous amount of aid to the overstretched Cormyrian military. Lady Alusair has been known to offer land in exchange for services rendered to her country, so this is a place adventurers wanting to make a name for themselves tend to flock to.

I supose it is the Adventurers Charter yes. Where can I find info about it and the charter itself?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  18:46:10  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I don't have my 2E pdfs with me right now, but I'm pretty sure that Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Cormyr discuss some of this. The 3E Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave makes no mention of adventuring charters at all. I do know that Ed briefly talks about the Knights of Myth Drannor charter in Swords of Eveningstar, but there's not much more about what the benefits are besides being required to adventure in the lands.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  19:12:07  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps a few thankful nobles would spare some extra coin.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  19:38:07  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA

*phew*

That's a good one...

Seriously, though. Being chartered adventures is probably considered one step away from mercenaries, so you could get contracts from nobles to perform standard 'mercenary' deeds.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  20:50:06  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm... I don't have my 2E pdfs with me right now, but I'm pretty sure that Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Cormyr discuss some of this.

Four From Cormyr also talks about them.

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2009 :  11:40:12  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA

*phew*

That's a good one...

Seriously, though. Being chartered adventures is probably considered one step away from mercenaries, so you could get contracts from nobles to perform standard 'mercenary' deeds.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2009 :  14:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X_Ice_X
In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot . . .
How come? Adventurers are people who go out looking for adventure. The purpose of the Cormyte charters is to keep a lid on that and focus it in Crown-approved directions.
Go to Top of Page

X_Ice_X
Acolyte

Portugal
20 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2009 :  22:28:30  Show Profile  Visit X_Ice_X's Homepage Send X_Ice_X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

quote:
In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot . . .
How come? Adventurers are people who go out looking for adventure. The purpose of the Cormyte charters is to keep a lid on that and focus it in Crown-approved directions.

I was referring to online gaming and where organized factions have some difficulty in integrating some adventurers in the organized structure of the faction.

Obviously in PnP this issue is not a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2009 :  01:58:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was referring to online gaming and where organized factions have some difficulty in integrating some adventurers in the organized structure of the faction.

You should have indicated that in your original post, then--and "Realms Computer Software" might have been the better forum for this question, too.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 06 Mar 2009 01:59:52
Go to Top of Page

X_Ice_X
Acolyte

Portugal
20 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2009 :  03:46:31  Show Profile  Visit X_Ice_X's Homepage Send X_Ice_X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed but my original post was regarding the charter that i thought was more complex and detailed, but as i found out in "Cormyr" it is only briefly looked over. So I thank those who helped me about it and apologise if I made someone loose their time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000