Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cormyr Rewards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
X_Ice_X Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 11:33:15
Hello guys I know cormyr used a system to reward adventurers that worked quite well. Though I have been unable to find it in the books. Can anyone describe it or point out where to find such an information?

In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot, this system could be a good start specially being canon it would obviously be heard of as adventurers travel and spread the word.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
X_Ice_X Posted - 07 Mar 2009 : 03:46:31
Indeed but my original post was regarding the charter that i thought was more complex and detailed, but as i found out in "Cormyr" it is only briefly looked over. So I thank those who helped me about it and apologise if I made someone loose their time.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 06 Mar 2009 : 01:58:48
quote:
Originally posted by X_Ice_X
I was referring to online gaming and where organized factions have some difficulty in integrating some adventurers in the organized structure of the faction.

You should have indicated that in your original post, then--and "Realms Computer Software" might have been the better forum for this question, too.
X_Ice_X Posted - 05 Mar 2009 : 22:28:30
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

quote:
In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot . . .
How come? Adventurers are people who go out looking for adventure. The purpose of the Cormyte charters is to keep a lid on that and focus it in Crown-approved directions.

I was referring to online gaming and where organized factions have some difficulty in integrating some adventurers in the organized structure of the faction.

Obviously in PnP this issue is not a problem.
Faraer Posted - 05 Mar 2009 : 14:33:02
quote:
In every campaign it has been difficult to include the adventurers in some stuff without making them part of military or whatnot . . .
How come? Adventurers are people who go out looking for adventure. The purpose of the Cormyte charters is to keep a lid on that and focus it in Crown-approved directions.
Alisttair Posted - 05 Mar 2009 : 11:40:12
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Perhaps a few thankful nobles would spare some extra coin.

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA

*phew*

That's a good one...

Seriously, though. Being chartered adventures is probably considered one step away from mercenaries, so you could get contracts from nobles to perform standard 'mercenary' deeds.

ErskineF Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 20:50:06
quote:

Hmm... I don't have my 2E pdfs with me right now, but I'm pretty sure that Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Cormyr discuss some of this.

Four From Cormyr also talks about them.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 19:38:07
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA

*phew*

That's a good one...

Seriously, though. Being chartered adventures is probably considered one step away from mercenaries, so you could get contracts from nobles to perform standard 'mercenary' deeds.
Alisttair Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 19:12:07
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 18:46:10
Hmm... I don't have my 2E pdfs with me right now, but I'm pretty sure that Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and Cormyr discuss some of this. The 3E Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave makes no mention of adventuring charters at all. I do know that Ed briefly talks about the Knights of Myth Drannor charter in Swords of Eveningstar, but there's not much more about what the benefits are besides being required to adventure in the lands.
X_Ice_X Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 18:35:10
Adventuring is frowned upon without an official license, but adventurers could likely lend a tremendous amount of aid to the overstretched Cormyrian military. Lady Alusair has been known to offer land in exchange for services rendered to her country, so this is a place adventurers wanting to make a name for themselves tend to flock to.

I supose it is the Adventurers Charter yes. Where can I find info about it and the charter itself?
Alisttair Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 14:48:31
quote:

Are you talking about the Adventurer's Charter in Cormyr? I don't know if there are any real 'rewards' to it, but you can't function in Cormyr without one.

Come now, every adventurer knows it is rewarding to be chartered within the Kingdom of Cormyr
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 13:52:23
Are you talking about the Adventurer's Charter in Cormyr? I don't know if there are any real 'rewards' to it, but you can't function in Cormyr without one.
Alisttair Posted - 04 Mar 2009 : 12:08:05
There are some nice recipes in Volo's Guide to Cormyr. Give one of these as a reward and their tummies will be quite happy (especially with the Stag Meat recipe...mmm mmm good)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000