Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A matter of opinion...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  20:54:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correct.

Fiends often like to 'show-off' their own cleverness by wearing the skins of mortals they have bested.

*And 'Prada' has just SO become part of my Thay's lore...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  21:14:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

...and then I ran into the word 'cerullean', which hit me in the face like a 4th-edition freight train.

Relax. WotC did not invent the word "cerulean" (I distinctly recall it being used in an interesting scene in the movie The Devil Wears Prada).

Many years ago, I used the word "cerulean" in a poem about this girl's eyes... It was originally going to be a haiku, but cerulean has too many syllables to easily work into a haiku!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  21:21:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh... a fellow poet at-heart.

We are a dying breed...

And I've 'done' many a Haiku in my day as well... amazing how a little 'mush' gets you 'in' with the female persuasion.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Feb 2009 04:20:02
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  21:44:57  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

We are a dying breed...

And I've 'done' many a Haiku in my day as well... amazing how a little 'mush' gets you 'in' with the female persuassion.

Then again, they will usually keep the verse in a written form somewhere so be prepared to see it again years later. I know one day my wife will put some yellowed piece of paper before me with a mischievous grin. And in a long term relationship he/she will expect you to be the same romantic.

I think I will have to start practising again. but we are getting of topic here.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  22:55:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

And I first read about it in the Realms way back in the original Pools of novels because Shal-Bal's horse glows that color. :) Yes, I remember a scene from a novel I read 15ish years ago.
I'll note also, for fans of the word 'cerulean,' that it pops up several times in most relevant AL-QADIM material.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  23:28:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:

We are a dying breed...

And I've 'done' many a Haiku in my day as well... amazing how a little 'mush' gets you 'in' with the female persuassion.

Then again, they will usually keep the verse in a written form somewhere so be prepared to see it again years later. I know one day my wife will put some yellowed piece of paper before me with a mischievous grin. And in a long term relationship he/she will expect you to be the same romantic.

I think I will have to start practising again. but we are getting of topic here.

Continuing the threadjack for one more post...

Though I've written more than a few poems, I don't really consider myself a poet. It's something I can do, but it's not something I do often, and I look at it as more of an additional skill than any kind of calling or title -- I can drive a car, too, but I don't refer to myself as a driver unless I'm doing it at that moment. I used to actively dislike poetry, but now I merely avoid it as much as possible.

As for seeing poems again... I've only written one poem in recent years, and it was just something that came to me. I got out of the habit of doing that when I was no longer constantly surrounded by young pretty females to flirt with (in other words, once I was no longer working in restaurants). But during that timeframe, my dad and his current wife got married (this is his fourth marriage; I often joke that he collects ex-wives). As a combination gift for them and challenge for myself, I wrote them a wedding poem. They loved it, to the point of having me read it as part of the ceremony. Everyone there was quite impressed.

At my own wedding, my stepmom unexpectedly announced that she, too, had a toast to make. She discussed me having written that poem, and referred to it as a very special gift -- one she valued highly enough that she still had the piece of paper I read from in her purse -- that floored me, right there! She's kept it there the whole 10+ years she and my dad have been married.

And then she pulled out that piece of paper and read the poem aloud. It was, for me, a very touching moment.

I later mentioned to her that I wanted to borrow that original piece of paper. That piece of paper was the second copy of the poem, the one I recopied more neatly to read at their ceremony. The original copy was far more sloppily written -- though, given my habit of writing extremely small when I write neatly, it was likely more legible! The original was in a spiral-bound notebook, however, and that notebook was one of many things lost in the fire. So I no longer had a copy of that poem...

For Christmas, my parents got the poem printed up on fancy paper and with a fancy script, and then had it professionally framed. It was a gift from them to my wife and I. So now I have a copy of it again.

I never expected my gift to them to become a gift to me. But now that it has, I understand quite fully how much it meant to them.

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  04:13:32  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a prose writer, though I had to write poetry for some specific class here and there.

I appreciate poetry, but what I find difficult about writing poetry is the emotion involved. I am not good at letting emotions go free and that is the death knell of any prospective poet. I have written poetry but it is usually about something like a battle or an historic hero.

I can respect, read, and enjoy emotional poetry, but if I ever wrote it I would have to keep it far from the world.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  04:28:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One last jacking... (gawd... thats sounds awful...)

I actually got paid from some kids in HS to write love letters and poems for them.

One girl found out I was doing it for a friend of mine, and then fell for me instead... it didn't go well.

It broke-up our bowling team.

Live and learn, as they say....

(I didn't 'go for her' back, BTW... she was a band-geek, and SO not my type).

The funny thing is, a couple yars back I broke-out a copy of my old school magazine my mother had saved (women tend to do that sort of stuff more then men) and let my kids read one of mine - and my eldsts son said "Dad! I didn't know you knew how to rap!"

Looking at that poem now... it would make one helluva rap song. It was all about drugs and violence... and every verse rhymed.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Feb 2009 04:31:51
Go to Top of Page

Julian Grimm
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  04:43:30  Show Profile Send Julian Grimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be on topic, since I'm not not a poet. ;)

This whole 4e mess makes me glad I use C&C with FR. And I never was much for the whole 'canon' thing. I saw two distinct Faeruns. The one from the novels and the one from my table. They may cross paths every now and then but not very often and only to mine an idea or two. In fact, My Faerun just got the reset button pushed on it to start over with the Greybox and move out from there. (Actually to be honest that was my favorite era)

As the 4e Realms go I read up on some of the changes online. Blech! I don't like it. It feels forced and contrived more so than the ToT, Which I never used in my games. So I hug my Greybox and supplements closer, go back to the novels from the 1e/2e (some 3e as well)era and try to forget what happened. I'll wait and maybe, just maybe someone will come to their senses and fix the mess. I dream of no more RSE's, No spellplagues and no more messing with the perfection that was.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  17:49:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for bringing this back around... even though the off-topicness was keeping this thread from going full-blown 4e-bash (they all go that way... eventually).

quote:
Originally posted by Julian Grimm

This whole 4e mess makes me glad I use C&C with FR. And I never was much for the whole 'canon' thing. I saw two distinct Faeruns. The one from the novels and the one from my table. <snip>
Where's our 'clapping' smiley, Sage?

I LOVE posts like this - here's an example of someone who 'gets it'. The Realms YOU play in are not the same Realms the authors play in! Yours is YOURS, and you are supposed to make it your own.

Had people just gotten that, we would have never gotten the 4e-nuking we did to 'reset' the setting.

The canon is a guide - not an opressive tyrant; you follow it at your own discretion, and when and where you want.

BTW, kudos on using the Realms with an alternate set of rules - how is C&C, anyway?

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Feb 2009 18:24:43
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  23:18:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've not been able to find a suitable one just yet, but it's on the list.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  23:59:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I finished Blackstaff Tower last night/this morning. Good read. I would like to read some stories about Meloon and his trusty Axe Azuredge.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Julian Grimm
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  00:09:38  Show Profile Send Julian Grimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for bringing this back around... even though the off-topicness was keeping this thread from going full-blown 4e-bash (they all go that way... eventually).

quote:
Originally posted by Julian Grimm

This whole 4e mess makes me glad I use C&C with FR. And I never was much for the whole 'canon' thing. I saw two distinct Faeruns. The one from the novels and the one from my table. <snip>

I LOVE posts like this - here's an example of someone who 'gets it'. Th Realms YOU play in are not the same Realms the authors play in! Yours is YOURS, and you are supposed to make it your own.

Had people just gotten that, we would have never gotten the 4e-nuking we did to 'reset' the setting.

The canon is a guide - not an opressive tyrant; you follow it at your own discretion, and when and where you want.

Thank you for your kind comments.

quote:
BTW, kudos on using the Realms with an alternate set of rules - how is C&C, anyway?

I'll try to be brief as not to de-rail the thread. I love the system. I used to be die hard AD&D, be it 1e or 2e. I liked 3e but felt it was too heavy mechanically. C&C, IMO, is a continuation of the BD&D/AD&D feel but with the more innovative rules of acending AC, 0-9 spell levels and such. It is easily houseruled so to make the game you want.

TLG has a quickstart ruleset for free either at RPGnow or their site. That would be the best way to decide.

Sorry about the sidetrek.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  18:34:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info - I'll have to check that out.

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-I finished Blackstaff Tower last night/this morning. Good read. I would like to read some stories about Meloon and his trusty Axe Azuredge.
Good read?

Taking it as a story set in a setting I know nothing about (nor wish to), I suppose I could agree with you.

While I love the way SS's mind works and the stories he writes, I found it hard as hell to stay interested. Has nothing at all to do with quality...

Its like this - I have read a few Star Trek novels a long time ago, and enjoyed them, even though they were utter crap. I am a 'Trekkie', and love learning new things about that universe. On the other hand, I have never read any Star Wars novels, even though I have heard good things about some of them, and some are written by authors I like - the simple fact is I care NOTHING at all about the subject matter.

Blackstaff is now a 'job title'?

Waterdeep has become a slum, and den of evil mages and corrupt officials?

Sorry... thats no setting I've ever been interested in.

I'm glad I gave a 4e novel a try, and am especially glad it was Steven Schend's... but I can honestly say it was the very last. Even with the good writing and story-telling, I just found I wanted to put it down more then I wanted to finish it.

But I DID finish it... which is saying something.

It also, sadly, made Blackstaff somewhat anti-climactic... at least, for me.

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Feb 2009 18:36:07
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  21:56:55  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I guess thats why this thread is titled "A matter of Opinion..." At least you read the book, so your opinion does count for something now right?

-Now back on topic...where is the op at. Posts this thread and does not come back. This seems like a WotC Special. Start a flamebait thread and then leaves. (I could be wrong, but this type of thread does seem familiar)

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  22:06:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... yeah.. I don't feel like as much a hypocrite for criticizing something I haven't even tried.

And like I said, it was good... it's just my own pre-disposition for the subject-matter which is lessening my personal enjoyment.

Now if I can just get in on a 4e Realms game, I can go back to bashing the game setting as well.

<just kidding - I am actually looking forward to trying it out, and also attempting to keep an open mind>

On Topic:
I don't see it as so much flame-bait, as long as everyone gives an honest estimation of of the ups and downs of the setting. I don't feel the rules should be discussed any further here at CK, though - I think everyone knows how everyone else feels at this point, so we should just let that lie. CK is a setting fansite first, much more then a 'D&D' Fansite, and we've always been 'edition-neutral' anyhow.

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Feb 2009 22:07:14
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  23:51:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, the "evil mages and corrupt officials" bit isn't exactly a new thing for Waterdeep. We have read about this type of thing happening in the City of Splendors before. And I like the way Steven connected this development with the fallout of the Spellplague. As for the "slum" part... I didn't really see it as such. Rather, I got the impression that this was actually the result of the overall majesty and shine of the City of Splendors having been tarnished, just a little.

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Feb 2009 23:53:12
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  00:27:17  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we scared off the original poster. The vast majority, if not all responses in this thread have been opposed to his viewpoint and maybe he feels like he doesn't fit in here or like people will constantly disagree with his posting.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  02:07:42  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

I have the 4E source books and have read the blackstaff and Mistshore. While there are numerous changes, I did not get the impression of Waterdeep being a slum. Portions truly have changed for the worse, but not the city as a whole. Evil mages and corrupt politicians is just a part of the city of splendors

Remember, the "title" of Blackstaff changed hands prior to 4E, so we already knew it was going that way prior to the edition change.

Edited by - scererar on 22 Feb 2009 02:16:25
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  03:30:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Well, the "evil mages and corrupt officials" bit isn't exactly a new thing for Waterdeep. We have read about this type of thing happening in the City of Splendors before. And I like the way Steven connected this development with the fallout of the Spellplague. As for the "slum" part... I didn't really see it as such. Rather, I got the impression that this was actually the result of the overall majesty and shine of the City of Splendors having been tarnished, just a little.

I got the impression it was more than just a little tarnished... And as I've said before, I really don't see a center of trade, blessed with a deep and clean harbor, allowing that harbor to become filthy and partially clogged. The Waterdeep of 1479 is not, to me, a logical extension of what the Waterdeep of 1374 was.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  03:38:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ranger_of_the_unicorn_run

Maybe we scared off the original poster. The vast majority, if not all responses in this thread have been opposed to his viewpoint and maybe he feels like he doesn't fit in here or like people will constantly disagree with his posting.

-These types of threads were a weekly thing on the Wizard Boards last summer. Fun times.

-

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  15:09:11  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

I got the impression it was more than just a little tarnished... And as I've said before, I really don't see a center of trade, blessed with a deep and clean harbor, allowing that harbor to become filthy and partially clogged. The Waterdeep of 1479 is not, to me, a logical extension of what the Waterdeep of 1374 was.

I concur what the harbor portion. more so after reading Mistshore. Mistshore will not be present in my realms. My thoughts are that Waterdeep would have been more interested in ensuring the harbor was a safe enough haven after the spellplague. I have kept the harbor clean (I am green that way ) and doubled my efforts of a waterdhavian navel fleet to ensure safer shipping lanes to and from the city of splendors. The rest of the city changes I can live with. I liked Steven's portrayal of the city and it's surroundings in the Blackstaff.

Edited by - scererar on 22 Feb 2009 15:24:18
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  17:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One tends to get that impression when one's very first post takes a confrontational tone.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 22 Feb 2009 17:31:30
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  18:09:04  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

One tends to get that impression when one's very first post takes a confrontational tone.

Oh, I'm not saying that I agree with what he said or the way he said it, I was simply saying that he probably got the idea that he wouldn't fit in here. I don't know if the tone he used in his post was intentionally confrontational or not. There have been a few people who have said things here that sounded confrontational, but they didn't mean it that way. There have been a few things that I have said that have been misinterpreted, though I do take the initiative to clarify if someone does misinterpret what I say.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  18:57:02  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I also wondered what he was going to talk about. He apparently doesn't want to research or discuss the shared/published/Ed's Realms but instead 'make my own fluff to fill in the blanks'. So we could talk about his campaign, but what apart from that?
Go to Top of Page

Dkonen
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  19:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Dkonen's Homepage Send Dkonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was the "nuked from orbit" to make "everyone on equal footing" comment that set off the confrontational. Honestly, when was the last time something getting nuked from orbit been a positive equalizer(except for may be the nukers)?

Personally, I've always found FR to be, from the start, a "make up your own fluff to fill in the blanks", maybe it's because I devour books like a starving sugarholic scarfs twinkies, but it seems to me there were huge areas left blank that were perfect for just that. The lore gave an excellent template to build off of and work with, complete with structures in place for extra support and flavor if you needed/wanted them.

As for the RSE comments... I've played all versions, and to be honest my only problem with RSEs was that they took the major events away from the players. All the major events were written, boxed and happen as a major theme that feels similar to a 1st level party being host to an epic NPC. No matter what, your players can be left feeling insignificant, at least without a good DM. I've been lucky that most of the DMs I've had run amazingly good campaigns. RSEs are really, IMHO nothing more than major plots, and major plots are what grab attention, after all, when was the last time any of us spent an entire campaign as goat herders... or babysitters...?

Not to say I think RSEs are great, by any means, in fact a past party used to crack jokes about the realms being constantly on the edge of "ULTIMATE DEVASTATION!" (gasp!), but you don't have to run them as they are if you don't like it. It's your players and your table.

Personally, I revile 4th ed (beyond a joke about the lack of crafting/professions leading to a sweatshop of magically inclined cranking out all the necessities-since rituals seemed the only way to make anything).. I've made threats to my significant other about the fate of any future 4th ed entering our house (something about burning in effigy). I really really don't like it, to say the least.

It isn't that it's empty, or that it's streamlined, it's that it's terribly incomplete. Myself and a friend spent and afternoon combing through the core books, and we couldn't find anything we really liked. Each core book felt like half a book packed in between with useless information that noone we know who plays would actually use. It felt like it was forcing a playstyle, since in order to play, you were nearly required (due to lack of material) to play in one person's particular style. If anything I found it more rigid, due to lack of options(unless you wanted to completely rearrange the system and add in what rules were missing-anyone who's tried to make a system knows what a headache this can be), than anything since 1st ed was released in it's prepackaged dungeon, dice and leaflet box (which I loved, but then again, I was quite young at the time, and so, less demanding).

As our playstyle doesn't fit this one narrow mind set of how the game should be played, we refuse to use it. I'm all for simplicity to bring in new players, but if you take simplicity to it's limit, it becomes nothing more than a series of orders with no options at all.
Go to Top of Page

Julian Grimm
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  19:55:21  Show Profile Send Julian Grimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That's not something that would bother me. Maybe because I gritted the cities up a bit in my games. Before I hit the reset button on my campaign Waterdeep had been seriously rocked by a Siege by a humanoid army. So seeing it in shambles, for me, isn't new territory. Besides, I wanted a city like EGG's Greyhawk for FR and Waterdeep was the lucky or unlucky contender.

That said, I haven't read the later novels from 3e and none of the 4e novels. The last ones I read was the Hunter's Blades and WotSQ. The prelude from the Orc King kinda turned me off reading any newer ones.

But, if someone likes the 4e stuff more power to them. I just don't think the last few events in the novels or Realms Sourcebooks fit what should have been the natural evolution of the setting.

Edited by - Julian Grimm on 22 Feb 2009 20:01:19
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2009 :  00:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, I'm not saying that I agree with what he said or the way he said it...

I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

But I also wondered what he was going to talk about. He apparently doesn't want to research or discuss the shared/published/Ed's Realms but instead 'make my own fluff to fill in the blanks'. So we could talk about his campaign, but what apart from that?

A good point.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 24 Feb 2009 00:38:59
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2009 :  08:45:08  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we have managed to keep this thread going for five pages, so at least it has been a conversation starter. As long as the posts are interesting I don't see the problem of the missing OP. Still, I am curious as to if the original poster got the answers he was looking for or if he just gave up.

Edited by - Jorkens on 26 Feb 2009 10:55:02
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2009 :  14:32:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original poster signed up, made that post, and hasn't been back since the 5th -- unless they've been lurking without being logged in.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000