Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming and Untitled
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2009 :  20:48:04  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, my big Realms day started with discovering a treasure trove of recently arrived 2E and 3E Realms stuff at the local Half-Price. The Randall Morn module trilogy! Volo's Guide to All Things Magical! Alas, I hadn't budgeted for all that, and ultimately went with Faiths and Pantheons over Faiths & Avatars since I have the later as a .pdf from Paizo. Hopefully some of that stuff will be still there this weekend.

And then when I got home, even cooler, word from my agent and editors that I can finally announce that I'm joining the ranks of Forgotten Realms authors! Wow, those NDAs are for real, though! So far, between giggles and inelegant little hops, I can only say that I've already turned in the first draft of a short story for an upcoming, scheduled anthology, and that the contracts have all been finalized for my first novel!

Details, such as they are, here.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.

Edited by - Christopher_Rowe on 08 Jan 2009 20:51:43

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2009 :  20:53:28  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, sirrah!

Can't wait for the release!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2009 :  23:11:09  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's wonderful, congratulations!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2009 :  23:37:43  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Chris!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2009 :  23:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, y'all!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  00:05:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As someone who has also attempted to have his Realms writings published by Wizards, I offer a heartfelt congratulations to you Christopher.

I look forward to reading your work.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 09 Jan 2009 00:06:47
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  00:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  02:07:44  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Chris. I look forward to reading your realms lore. Please keep us up to date on anything your able to.

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  04:19:12  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news! Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  04:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  06:04:48  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  10:58:13  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed congratulations! I also look forward to reading your novel.

Cute pets by the way.

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  12:08:53  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats!

You never fail until you stop trying.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  17:06:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And from Ed Greenwood:

Welcome to the fold, sir! May you enrich the Realms with many, many novels. (If you're really nice, you may even get more than a month or two to write them!)
Feel free to pick brains at any point; if you'd prefer to do so with mine in private, either go through Susan Morris, or send a PM to THO here at the Keep, and she'll play relay. (And no red-blooded male has lived until they've seen the lovely Lady Hooded playing relay!)
I'm a greedy reader, mind, so keep 'em coming!
Ed

So saith Ed. I know your NDA will prevent you from telling us a title, release date, or anything about contents until some later approved times, so I'll not ask. Just let us know what you can, when you can (Ed's NDAs prevent him telling me such things, sigh).
love and welcome,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  18:24:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

Cute pets by the way.

Seconded.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you all, and Emma, Puck, and Hemingway thank you as well!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  21:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heartiest of congratulations! I look forward to reading your work, and seeing where in the Realms you'll take us.

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

Jimbobx
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2009 :  08:54:26  Show Profile Send Jimbobx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very well done!

Rilyetan's Retreat

Jimbob's Waterdeep Journal
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2009 :  08:25:54  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-That is to kewl CR.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2009 :  20:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, folks!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2009 :  20:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure those release dates are way, way in the future, too, and sufficiently NDA'd, but you'll keep us posted, I hope?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2009 :  20:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You betcha!

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I'm sure those release dates are way, way in the future, too, and sufficiently NDA'd, but you'll keep us posted, I hope?

Cheers

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2009 :  04:22:43  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-So when will you get your own thread? Hint, hint, ,.

-Or do you have one already?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll