Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2009)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3525 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  18:15:52  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message
Arch Wizard just arrived at my door, and first thing I noticed is to cover art. Just gorgeous!!(Dark Lord is nice as well, but I have the paperback so it is a bit condensed) Did Ed have a prior relationship with the artist and/or have any input on which scene was chosen? His work seems to fit the tone of Falconfar so well it would be hard to believe they were told to "do a hero with a sword against a dragon", and have it fit the work so well.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5041 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  18:40:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. To answer Broken Helm . . . not counting gods and groups (monster species, families, power groups, etc.) that get specific entries in that Reader's Guide, I notice these Ed creations:

Alustriel
Dendybar the Mottled
Dove Falconhand
King Harbromm
Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun
Malchor Harpell

And to Red Walker: no, Ed has never met the artist, and deals only with the editor of the books, Christian Dunn (who asks for suggested cover scenes, and then discusses the "draft" or prototype cover art with Ed; I believe the Dark Lord cover first had the hero hooded and a dagger in his hand, rather than the hood pushed back and a magical glow in the hand). So, yes, Ed does have input.
Ed LOVES the covers, mind you. He wishes everyone could really see the Dark Lord cover close up, without the overlying words: among the "bottom front edge" of the monster-head Rod and Taeauna are together on, where it's sprawled along the crumbling wall, are some little hidden jokes like hand calculators and the like (the art on the covers is too small, cropped off too high, too dark, and with lettering laid over top, for you to properly see all that's going on even on the hardcover, but Ed was e-sent a jpeg of the prototype art [which of course for copyright reasons he can't share with anyone] that delighted him with these small details.
(I'd check out on the Net to see if the artist has posted the original anywhere on a website, and hope you can scale up what's posted enough to see some of it.)
For fun, Red Walker, see how many small figures you can see, or see parts of, at the lower left of the ARCH WIZARD cover art. As far as I can I recall what Ed told me, there are four, five, or six in the original, but the scene has been cropped to fit the cover.
This is not a slam at Solaris, by the way; in order to make sure the art "bleeds" out beyond the visible cover, a scene is typically painted "a little too big," and then the publisher scales it up to make the critical elements (in this case, Rod facing a greatfangs) as large as possible and in the best spots on the cover for composition (balance), then adds the lettering that has to be there (title, author, any series attribution and cover blurb "sell copy").
Ed can't wait to see the art for the third cover. Me, I'm really enjoying this trilogy, and can't wait for the last book (Sequels beyond the three tomes? Who knows? Sales will determine).
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 26 Feb 2009 18:43:52
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30203 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  19:03:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all. To answer Broken Helm . . . not counting gods and groups (monster species, families, power groups, etc.) that get specific entries in that Reader's Guide, I notice these Ed creations:

Alustriel
Dendybar the Mottled
Dove Falconhand
King Harbromm
Malchor Harpell

I forgot Dove was in that one book... I didn't know that Harbromm and Dendybar were Ed creations.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5041 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  19:24:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Yes, they are indeed. Now, I'll grant you that Bob Salvatore has brought them to life in published Realmslore, from brief Ed descriptions (I recall, back in the days when Ed was reading the original manuscript of THE CRYSTAL SHARD to review and approve it, Ed asked Bob to use Dendybar rather than Grimwald, who was already a standing joke among we Knights [e.g. "Grimwald did it!" or a Knight picks up a rusty, jagged-blade dagger and announces, "Grimwald's toothbrush!" or we come across copious vomit outside a tavern door and another Knight comments, "Another Grimwald art masterpiece, I see!"] and so on; Ed wanted to keep Grimwald for our collective immature enjoyment (and his own future sly plans as DM - - boy, we did we later get a surprise from Grimwald!).
But then, from the extensive (FR5 THE SAVAGE FRONTIER, and the three linked Daggerdale modules) to just small lore advice and aid, Ed is behind, or involved in, a LOT of Realms fiction and game lore that bears the names of other writers. He has been known to bury writers and designers who ask for the aid in large files of "gotta know this" Realmslore. Just another of the reasons he's so beloved, by so many.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  19:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Aha! That explains something I've wondered about for years!
At a GenCon, long ago, one of Ed's players (a guy with a mustache, named Jim) was apparently in the audience at an Ed seminar, and he and Ed were looking at a tournament round schedule or some such together for a moment, and one of them said to the other, "Well, real Grimwald organization THAT is!"
I always thought they were referring to a real person, a TSR employee or a GenCon staffer, who was either named Grimwald or whom they called by the nickname of Grimwald.
Does Ed have any juicy Grimwald anecdotes he wants to share, in the Realms or in the real world, like this one?
Please?
BB
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14020 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  19:44:10  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Off the top of my head, I think that only three people appearing in RAS novels were creations of Ed: Malchor Harpell, Khelben Arunsun, and Alustriel.
I'd have to agree - RAS is known for creating his own characters, even if there already was a pre-made FR one around that fit the bill.

He kinda has his own little 'private sandbox', which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. At least he avoids a lot of continuity problems that way.

I think Elminster is actually mentioned by Drizzt in one (in one of those italic maudlin 'musings' he does), but I don't recall El ever making an actual appearance.

I was going to mention Danilo Thann, but then I remembered it was actually Liriel, NOT Drizzt, he had some interaction with. He's probably Elaine's character as well, anyway...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 26 Feb 2009 19:46:12
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  23:07:34  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Broken Helm

Hi. Ed or THO,
I've just been paging through A READER'S GUIDE TO R.A. SALVATORE'S DRIZZT etc. (the large guidebook written by Phil Athans and published this last GenCon, full of all the gorgeous art), and found myself wondering: how many of the characters in it are Ed's originals? Most are RAS creations, I know, but I was just curious . . .
Thanks.

Off the top of my head, I think that only three people appearing in RAS novels were creations of Ed: Malchor Harpell, Khelben Arunsun, and Alustriel.
Actually, I know there's more than that.

Edit: Ah, I see the Lady Hooded One's already tackled that. The next page of replies didn't register for me apparently.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Feb 2009 23:08:44
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2009 :  23:10:52  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
And while I'm hesitant to add "Yet Another Forgotten Realms Question" to my ever-growing pile, some recent replies have intrigued me. Namely:-
quote:

Alustriel
Dendybar the Mottled
Dove Falconhand
King Harbromm
Malchor Harpell
Ed, or my lovely Lady, I wouldn't mind hearing how RAS's interpretations of these characters may have deviated somewhat, if at all, from your original conceptions for them?

Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
49 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  00:17:50  Show Profile  Visit Hawkfeather's Homepage Send Hawkfeather a Private Message
Hello, Ed!

Currently I'm dming a campaing situated in the Vast (in 1372). I decided to use the plot hook "Shadow over Scardale" described in the Vast section, about a mercenary captain organizing an army to invade and conquer Scardale Town. The plot hook doesn't make it clear who could be sponsonring the mercenary captain, suggesting merchants in Tantras or Calaunt as the most likely candidates. After a little brain storm, I figured out that the true leader behind this attack could be Lashan himself, since no one ever get proof of his death. The problem is: I know next to nothing about him. How he looks like, his qualities (and flaws), capabilities, personality, etc... Where he could be hidden all this years and how he could have raised a fortune to hire an army... And most important: how the people of Scardale (and the other Dales and factions in Scardale) would view an eventually Lashan's back to power. Is it possible that he could regret his old ways and be just trying to clean the mess he left in his homeland? Or is he "just plain evil"? Any information and suggestions you can spare on this matter will be of great value.

Thanks in advance!

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5041 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  03:58:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. Blueblade, Ed has responded to your request for "juicy Grimwald anecdotes" with just one, for now. A real-world one, mind you:

With THO's (obtained) permission, allow me to briefly tell Candlekeep about the Adventure of the Nude Maiden.
Years and years ago, several Canadians (including yours truly and THO, but none of the other regular Realms players; instead, there were three other guys along who were fellow fantasy and sf fans) stayed at a hotel to attend an sf convention in the U.S. Midwest. Though she was completely unconcerned about sharing a room with several guys, myself included, this was years back, and the hotel (once they discovered she wasn't married to any of us) would not hear of it. She had to have her own room, and all four guys had to squeeze into another - - which the hotel pointedly located on another floor, at the far end of the hotel from hers.
Being Canadians unused to having strangers decide our morals for us, and the rooms having connecting phones, we decided to get together for an evening of games, snacks, and chat. At the end of it (at about three in the morning), THO strolled back to her room stark naked, silent and jaunty.
Well, I exaggerate. She was in fact wearing shoes, her watch, and a smile, and carrying a paperback book and the nightgown she'd worn down to the room, over her arm.
She got spotted, of course, and darned if the hotel didn't call the police.
And direct them to OUR room rather than hers, because of course the guys MUST be responsible because a "young and therefore vulnerable, naive, weak-minded woman" (in their words and their way of thinking, though we were all at the time in our twenties) must be "in the charge of" one of us.
We told the police, who had arrived with the notion in their heads that she HAD to be a prostitute, that her behaviour was the result of being hypnotized by Grimwald the Great, a notoriously lecherous stage magician and longtime enemy of ours whom we'd encountered in a local restaurant earlier in the evening, and who had entered the hotel and confronted her outside our room - - and they must on no account awaken her because permanent mental damage could result.
They bought the story, and took pages and pages of notes (in those days, policemen carried around notepads and wrote, wrote, wrote every last thing they did on shift), asking us all sorts of questions and pressing us to promise them that if we ever saw this Grimwald again, we would promptly report his whereabouts and doings to them.
We gave our promises, and accepted a mailing address and a police officer's name and telephone number. They never did go to her room.
I'm afraid that once we were safely back across the border, THO mailed the poor (?) guy a photo of herself, lying on a table unclad except for some "runes" drawn all over in lipstick, surrounded by lit candles, with a dagger point-down held in her mouth and another driven into the table somewhere, ahem, lower, staring wide-eyed up at the ceiling.
On the back of it she wrote, in angular masculine printing, "Regards From Grimwald The Great."
I suppose it's still pinned up on a police office corkboard somewhere.

So saith Ed. Who in this case has toned down a tale that in some ways was rather steamier.
Ah, such a gallant, defending the reputation of a hooded lady . . .
Or not.
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 27 Feb 2009 04:01:47
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14020 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:11:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Very Cool.

And here I thought I was the only 'streaker' left around.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2904 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:15:02  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:

Hi, all. Blueblade, Ed has responded to your request for "juicy Grimwald anecdotes" with just one, for now. A real-world one, mind you:

With THO's (obtained) permission, allow me to briefly tell Candlekeep about the Adventure of the Nude Maiden.
Years and years ago, several Canadians (including yours truly and THO, but none of the other regular Realms players; instead, there were three other guys along who were fellow fantasy and sf fans) stayed at a hotel to attend an sf convention in the U.S. Midwest. Though she was completely unconcerned about sharing a room with several guys, myself included, this was years back, and the hotel (once they discovered she wasn't married to any of us) would not hear of it. She had to have her own room, and all four guys had to squeeze into another - - which the hotel pointedly located on another floor, at the far end of the hotel from hers.
Being Canadians unused to having strangers decide our morals for us, and the rooms having connecting phones, we decided to get together for an evening of games, snacks, and chat. At the end of it (at about three in the morning), THO strolled back to her room stark naked, silent and jaunty.
Well, I exaggerate. She was in fact wearing shoes, her watch, and a smile, and carrying a paperback book and the nightgown she'd worn down to the room, over her arm.
And direct them to OUR room rather than hers, because of course the guys MUST be responsible because a "young and therefore vulnerable, naive, weak-minded woman" (in their words and their way of thinking, though we were all at the time in our twenties) must be "in the charge of" one of us.
We told the police, who had arrived with the notion in their heads that she HAD to be a prostitute, that her behaviour was the result of being hypnotized by Grimwald the Great, a notoriously lecherous stage magician and longtime enemy of ours whom we'd encountered in a local restaurant earlier in the evening, and who had entered the hotel and confronted her outside our room - - and they must on no account awaken her because permanent mental damage could result.
They bought the story, and took pages and pages of notes (in those days, policemen carried around notepads and wrote, wrote, wrote every last thing they did on shift), asking us all sorts of questions and pressing us to promise them that if we ever saw this Grimwald again, we would promptly report his whereabouts and doings to them.
We gave our promises, and accepted a mailing address and a police officer's name and telephone number. They never did go to her room.
I'm afraid that once we were safely back across the border, THO mailed the poor (?) guy a photo of herself, lying on a table unclad except for some "runes" drawn all over in lipstick, surrounded by lit candles, with a dagger point-down held in her mouth and another driven into the table somewhere, ahem, lower, staring wide-eyed up at the ceiling.
On the back of it she wrote, in angular masculine printing, "Regards From Grimwald The Great."

So saith Ed. Who in this case has toned down a tale that in some ways was rather steamier.
Or not.
love to all,
THO

-

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 27 Feb 2009 04:16:04
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:17:10  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Or not.
love to all,
THO
Any chance you can send me [via ethereal mail] the "steamier" version my lady? I just thought of a rather humorous encounter I can run for my PCs in the next stage of my campaign, based on this. But I'd like to read Ed's full take on it first.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2904 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:17:24  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Very Cool.

And here I thought I was the only 'streaker' left around.

-

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2904 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:19:06  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Or not.
love to all,
THO
Any chance you can send me [via ethereal mail] the "steamier" version my lady? I just thought of a rather humorous encounter I can run for my PCs in the next stage of my campaign, based on this. But I'd like to read Ed's full take on it first.

-Yeah, right Sage!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:20:40  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:

Reminds me of something I heard in a song, once...

And that's what we did, sat in the back of the patrol car and drove to the quote Scene of the Crime unquote. I want tell you about the town of Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars, being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station. They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

Such Puritans...
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  04:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

All I can say to that story is - ROFLMAO.

And since I should try to be on topic, thank you so much for the response re: Holynose. I have now finished The Sword Never Sleeps, and it definitely kept me from complete madness in this last week (dealing with a nasty bout of gastro). I would love to see more Knights books in the future (For example, I'd like to see what kind of hilarity ensues when Rathan and Torm meet up with the others for the first time), but I am not holding my breath (given I'm sure WotC will want 4th Ed Realms Novels (4eRN) only from now on - if Ed writes any 4eRN, I might just have to make an exception to my no 4e Realms rule for them).

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

ErskineF
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  05:17:52  Show Profile  Visit ErskineF's Homepage Send ErskineF a Private Message
quote:

THO mailed the poor (?) guy a photo of herself, lying on a table unclad except for some "runes" drawn all over in lipstick, surrounded by lit candles, with a dagger point-down held in her mouth and another driven into the table somewhere, ahem, lower, staring wide-eyed up at the ceiling.

Well... I have to say it's an extremely dubious story. Perhaps if a copy of said photo were still around... you know, a bit of hard evidence?

--
Erskine Fincher
http://forgotten-realms.wandering-dwarf.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30203 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  05:58:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Or not.
love to all,
THO

I'd like to read the unedited version, too!

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  09:55:17  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
So what had happened to the nightgown?

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  10:48:02  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by gomez

She was carrying it over her arm when she returned to her room.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

617 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  12:41:57  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by gomez

She was carrying it over her arm when she returned to her room.

This is sad, I was wondering what book she was reading.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

sparhawk42
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  13:27:29  Show Profile  Visit sparhawk42's Homepage Send sparhawk42 a Private Message
quote:

Or not.
love to all,
THO

No amount of words could express the levels of greatness of this tail, er, I mean tale.

You never fail until you stop trying.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  13:50:31  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
Hello again Hooded Lady.

As another great author, Philip Jose Farmer, passed away a couple of days ago(Except for Vance,are there any of the old guard left now?)I got curious. How much inspiration did Ed take from the World of Tiers books when he thought out the world connections of the Realms? I seem to remember he mentioned the series in a Dragon article concerning gates years and years ago.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5041 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  14:43:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Ahem. Thanks, all.
I should mention that my then-boyfriend was one of the four guys (we'd been planning to either book a suite and all share it, or two adjoining rooms and boyfriend and self bunk down in one, with the three remaining guys in 'tother; no, Ed was not my then-boyfriend). The paperback, as I recall, was a collection of Kipling short stories, and the nightgown was a modest, opaque ankle-length affair with a gathered waist that tried to look something like an Edwardian dress (sleeves ending at mid-bicep, overlap front panels for modesty with row of toggle fastenings, inner slip stitched in, ashes-of-roses hue (that's a becoming shade of something like pink, fellas) that didn't do much for me).
The amusing bit was how the cops were barely interested in a description of Grimwald, but sure wanted an in-depth description of me. I suppose they just wanted to be prepared, in case they encountered several nude females strolling around their city that night, to be able to make a positive ID.
The steamier version, huh? Heheheheheh . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000