Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Prestige Classes vs. Core Classes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  20:46:37  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I don't know. I think this is possibly overpowered. I can't tell for sure, though, without playtesting it. (Something I can't do.)

Aha, someone who realizes they can't gauge game rules at a glance better than massed playtesters and professional game designers. Amazing how many messageboard posters think they can.

Typically I have found when people come up with alternate rules, it usually is not much better than the original rule... it just makes that person feel better and rids them of frustration. I have never really changed rules, just systems. IF there was a rule I didn't like I never changed it, just eliminated or ignored it.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  02:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

Typically I have found when people come up with alternate rules, it usually is not much better than the original rule... it just makes that person feel better and rids them of frustration. I have never really changed rules, just systems. IF there was a rule I didn't like I never changed it, just eliminated or ignored it.

No . . . must . . . mess . . . with . . . rules!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  02:44:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never really changed many D&D rulings unless I could find no particular way to ignore or replace it. Even then I only really consider changing it if that ruling is going to cause more than one or two problems during game play, otherwise I just leave it as is.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  02:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In response to the prestige classes that are to powerful. I heard that the Spirit Warrior (Basically makes you a DBZ character ) is quite powerful.

I stumbled across the Orc Grunt and he is quite sweet.

If you want a list of new classes click on the link www.community3e.com That is where I get them.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  02:56:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they also offer some exciting 3e Netbook project as well too. I remember reading through the NetBook on Time. It was a great addition piece to the accessory Chronomancy for AD&D.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000