Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 From the Commentary on the Feedback Scroll...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  03:50:21  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
...by demand of unknown popularity, we have the Wooly Rupert poll! This is inspired by the following exchange, originally from the above-named scroll:
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:

<chop>...Hells, the only thing that we all agree on, as a community, is that I am so utterly cool.

I think we need a poll to truly determine that Wooley

No need. I feel the truthiness of my statement.

I decided... what the heck. Let's create this poll. Just remember when you're voting... However you might actually feel, he's still a mod, so perhaps a modicum of moderation is in order when considering your vote. (Gratuitous punnery fully intended.)

To The Sage and Alaundo: Make sure you both vote!

Choices:

He is the utterly cool Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
He is the notorious Master of Mischief!
Rupert? Isn''t that Santa''s reindeer with the red nose?
Wooly, Schmooly... The Sage will smack him down.

(Anonymous Vote)

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  03:52:14  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

...by demand of unknown popularity, we have the Wooly Rupert poll! This is inspired by the following exchange, originally from the above-named scroll:
quote:

quote:

quote:

<chop>...Hells, the only thing that we all agree on, as a community, is that I am so utterly cool.

I decided... what the heck. Let's create this poll. Just remember when you're voting... However you might actually feel, he's still a mod, so perhaps a modicum of moderation is in order when considering your vote. (Gratuitous punnery fully intended.)

uuh I was kinda joking
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  03:53:34  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Official butt-kissing vote for favors of a possible nature in the future.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  03:57:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not even bothering to put personal bias partly aside. I voted the last option. I've been here the longest, after all. That should count for something more than just mere Wooly-inspired trickery.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  04:11:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm not even bothering to put personal bias partly aside. I voted the last option. I've been here the longest, after all. That should count for something more than just mere Wooly-inspired trickery.

It does count for something. You have a higher post count, which I will likely never catch up with. That's about all it counts for, though!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  04:24:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, who thinks I'm a reindeer?!?

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  04:25:50  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it had to do with you running around saying "She thinks I'm cuuuuute."
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  04:35:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post count, smosh count. I was here a few months before you. Post counts don't mean notta.

quote:

It does count for something. You have a higher post count, which I will likely never catch up with. That's about all it counts for, though!

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  04:39:14  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

uuh I was kinda joking

I suspected as much... and that's why I decided to follow through. And I'm glad I did, because the conversation has been rather amusing... to say nothing of the poll results, although those are more surprising than anything; I didn't think anyone would have eyes so bad as to mistake a giant space hamster for a reindeer.

Edit: and yes, I miss the giant space hamsters from 2E Spelljammer. I tended to make them landbound and legless, though... kinda like two-ton Tribbles...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Oct 2008 04:41:23
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  05:02:23  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, who thinks I'm a reindeer?!?

Considering that is currently highist vote, I guess many do.

Let me go down the list.

4 limbs, check
tail, check
hair, check
teeth, check
red nose, unkonwn

4 out of 5 *wink*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  06:36:40  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Schmooly Rupert! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  06:41:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I suspected as much... and that's why I decided to follow through. And I'm glad I did, because the conversation has been rather amusing... to say nothing of the poll results, although those are more surprising than anything; I didn't think anyone would have eyes so bad as to mistake a giant space hamster for a reindeer.
Give our fellow scribes some time. Eventually they'll all come to realise what we already know deep within ourselves... that a Master of Mischief can never compare to the Loremaster Most High!

**Says the Sage as he slowly begins handing out small pouches to passing scribes, each containing a singular rare volume of lost lore from his own personal collection**

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Oct 2008 06:42:48
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  09:24:01  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wooly, Schmooly... The Sage will smack him down.

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  10:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOOLY ROOLES!!!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  13:42:49  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta go with the first option...
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2008 :  15:47:07  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First option, but Boo would still defeat him hands-down.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2008 :  19:53:55  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

-Wooly is cool and all, but I think the Sage would lay a major smackdown on the rodent!

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2008 :  23:59:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As if there were ever any doubt!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2008 :  06:06:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As if there were ever any doubt!

There is no doubt at all... I am quite confident in your inability to smack anyone down. All we have to do is ask you to put it on the to-do list!

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  06:11:24  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I don't know, Wooly...Straight from Sage's mouth:

quote:

Ha!

**Little does Markus realise that the Sage is secretly plotting away on a nefarious scheme to strike down Alaundo the Seer once Candlekeep 4 is born.

History will call this prophetic event the Scrollplague. Loremasters in years to come will reflect on the devastating period of chaotic knowledge when all scrolls throughout the halls of Candlekeep burst their bonds, and areas of wild chatter began raging across the virtual landscape. Some shelves would be affected, while the Scrollplague itself left others untouched. Select scrolls would be mutated by the event, transformed into hideous collections of idle and innane off-topicness that bore little to no resemblance of their former selves. And, perhaps most tragic of all, certain areas of the library would be transposed with portions of the Wizards forum, bringing strange and unusual posters into the hallowed halls of knowledge, and with them, topics and discussions of Realmslore that would otherwise be considered alien to the scribes of Candlekeep.

-He's more powerful than he lets on to...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  12:43:09  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went for the "Master of Mischief" option. I would have gone for the "utterly cool Space Hamster" one if it weren't for the fact that our dear Woolpert has told us all how much he like the deity Lurue so many times, and in so similar worded terms, that if he does it again I may have to scream!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000