Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Debate: Araevin Teshurr. What is he?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  22:24:18  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Araevin Teshurr is a half-celestial sun elf, sired by a 3rd edition eladrin.
3rd ed eladrin were celestials, 4th are fey. Araevin can't be half-fey because sun elves, now being 4th ed eladrin, are fey themselves.

We can say that he was sired by a 'noble' eladrin, but that still makes him fey. So is he just a normal sun elf now?

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  23:01:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*strongly resists urge to take a "jab" at the subject character*

Anyway, from what I understood from the novels, Araevin didn't become a "half-celestial", he became a full celestial.

Maybe ask Rick Baker about this on the WotC FR boards. Of course, there's no guarantee he'll be able to give you an answer at this time.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Oct 2008 23:01:58
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  16:10:49  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-An Eladree. That's the direction I've gone.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  19:45:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Say the Eladrin that sired him was half-celestial (an Archon or something), making him Celestial-blooded.

Thats the best I can think of ATM.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  20:59:21  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Say the Eladrin that sired him was half-celestial (an Archon or something), making him Celestial-blooded.

Thats the best I can think of ATM.

Well, in the novels he only gained his celestial nature after completing a ritual.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 03 Oct 2008 20:59:43
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  21:13:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I never read the novel - don't even know which it is - but if his father was an old-school Eladrin in 3e, then thats the best I could come up with without reading the background of the character.

On a broader subject - its really not that hard to come up with explanations for stuff with the edition change, if people just put their mind to it. I think the main problem people are having is that there isn't any official reconciliation between the old and the new.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  21:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Araevin is the protagonist of the Last Mythal series.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  22:02:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-No, no, no...Okay...Araevin was born a normal Sun Elf, though one with the propensity to challenge tradition and such. That aside, while in the Sildėyuir, he rediscovered and cast the Telmiirkara Neshyrr, translated into common as 'The Rite of Transformation'. This Elven High Magic Ritual of Solitude altered his very Elven nature, and combined it with a Bralani or Ghaele Eladrin (Don't remember which one).

-His very nature was now changed. He wasn't an Elf any longer, but nor was he an Eladin. He was something mixed in-between. Thus, why I said he is a Eladree, known as the 'People of the Celestial Places', or [url=http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/monsters/eladreetemplateclass.html]Surin'Tel'Quessir[/url].

-Note that Eladree are the work of Sean Reynolds, that he made up to, more or less, be the antithesis of the Fey'ri, in order to raise money for surgery for his cat. While what he says/does/etc. isn't considered canon, *I* consider it canon, just like what Ed Greenwood says, and what Rich Baker says, and so on.

-So, that's that.

-Oh, and Dan hates them, if that's any consolation for anything.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Oct 2008 22:04:50
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  22:33:27  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion
This Elven High Magic Ritual of Solitude altered his very Elven nature, and combined it with a Bralani or Ghaele Eladrin (Don't remember which one).

I'm not sure if the book even went into that much detail about it (Bralani vs. Ghaele).

quote:
-Oh, and Dan hates them, if that's any consolation for anything.

I know.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  23:33:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I'm sure the book described what the Eladrin looked like. I don't think it used names, though. I'm too lazy to go and look, but it doesn't matter much. And, hey, worst comes to worse, if someone NEEDS to know that badly, they can go ask Rich, since he's the one that wrote it.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  23:39:08  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-I'm sure the book described what the Eladrin looked like. I don't think it used names, though. I'm too lazy to go and look, but it doesn't matter much. And, hey, worst comes to worse, if someone NEEDS to know that badly, they can go ask Rich, since he's the one that wrote it.

I just remember that the celestial who visited Araevin was described as an "eladrin queen".

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  23:50:15  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I just remember that the celestial who visited Araevin was described as an "eladrin queen".

-Which isn't much...But, again, if it bothers anyone, THEY can look it up, or ask Rich, whichever is necessary.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 03 Oct 2008 23:50:45
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  00:31:45  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we use Fourth rules, then he's a Noble Eladrin by my guess. They seem to be a normal Eladrin yet with a mystical power boost linked with elements, nature, seasons and so forth.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000