Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Debate: Araevin Teshurr. What is he?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hashimashadoo Posted - 02 Oct 2008 : 22:24:18
Araevin Teshurr is a half-celestial sun elf, sired by a 3rd edition eladrin.
3rd ed eladrin were celestials, 4th are fey. Araevin can't be half-fey because sun elves, now being 4th ed eladrin, are fey themselves.

We can say that he was sired by a 'noble' eladrin, but that still makes him fey. So is he just a normal sun elf now?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Foxhelm Posted - 04 Oct 2008 : 00:31:45
If we use Fourth rules, then he's a Noble Eladrin by my guess. They seem to be a normal Eladrin yet with a mystical power boost linked with elements, nature, seasons and so forth.
Lord Karsus Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 23:50:15
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I just remember that the celestial who visited Araevin was described as an "eladrin queen".

-Which isn't much...But, again, if it bothers anyone, THEY can look it up, or ask Rich, whichever is necessary.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 23:39:08
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-I'm sure the book described what the Eladrin looked like. I don't think it used names, though. I'm too lazy to go and look, but it doesn't matter much. And, hey, worst comes to worse, if someone NEEDS to know that badly, they can go ask Rich, since he's the one that wrote it.

I just remember that the celestial who visited Araevin was described as an "eladrin queen".
Lord Karsus Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 23:33:59
-I'm sure the book described what the Eladrin looked like. I don't think it used names, though. I'm too lazy to go and look, but it doesn't matter much. And, hey, worst comes to worse, if someone NEEDS to know that badly, they can go ask Rich, since he's the one that wrote it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 22:33:27
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion
This Elven High Magic Ritual of Solitude altered his very Elven nature, and combined it with a Bralani or Ghaele Eladrin (Don't remember which one).

I'm not sure if the book even went into that much detail about it (Bralani vs. Ghaele).

quote:
-Oh, and Dan hates them, if that's any consolation for anything.

I know.
Lord Karsus Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 22:02:59
-No, no, no...Okay...Araevin was born a normal Sun Elf, though one with the propensity to challenge tradition and such. That aside, while in the Sildëyuir, he rediscovered and cast the Telmiirkara Neshyrr, translated into common as 'The Rite of Transformation'. This Elven High Magic Ritual of Solitude altered his very Elven nature, and combined it with a Bralani or Ghaele Eladrin (Don't remember which one).

-His very nature was now changed. He wasn't an Elf any longer, but nor was he an Eladin. He was something mixed in-between. Thus, why I said he is a Eladree, known as the 'People of the Celestial Places', or [url=http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/monsters/eladreetemplateclass.html]Surin'Tel'Quessir[/url].

-Note that Eladree are the work of Sean Reynolds, that he made up to, more or less, be the antithesis of the Fey'ri, in order to raise money for surgery for his cat. While what he says/does/etc. isn't considered canon, *I* consider it canon, just like what Ed Greenwood says, and what Rich Baker says, and so on.

-So, that's that.

-Oh, and Dan hates them, if that's any consolation for anything.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 21:20:48
Araevin is the protagonist of the Last Mythal series.
Markustay Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 21:13:19
Well, I never read the novel - don't even know which it is - but if his father was an old-school Eladrin in 3e, then thats the best I could come up with without reading the background of the character.

On a broader subject - its really not that hard to come up with explanations for stuff with the edition change, if people just put their mind to it. I think the main problem people are having is that there isn't any official reconciliation between the old and the new.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 20:59:21
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Say the Eladrin that sired him was half-celestial (an Archon or something), making him Celestial-blooded.

Thats the best I can think of ATM.

Well, in the novels he only gained his celestial nature after completing a ritual.
Markustay Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 19:45:13
Say the Eladrin that sired him was half-celestial (an Archon or something), making him Celestial-blooded.

Thats the best I can think of ATM.
Lord Karsus Posted - 03 Oct 2008 : 16:10:49
-An Eladree. That's the direction I've gone.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 02 Oct 2008 : 23:01:40
*strongly resists urge to take a "jab" at the subject character*

Anyway, from what I understood from the novels, Araevin didn't become a "half-celestial", he became a full celestial.

Maybe ask Rick Baker about this on the WotC FR boards. Of course, there's no guarantee he'll be able to give you an answer at this time.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000