Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 On Impiltur...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  16:26:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Friend Hamster, me thinks "the lights are on, but no-one's home."

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2013 :  13:38:46  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's OK for me at least.

Fully expecting a decade-long wait, at a bare minimum, I just compiled the notes myself. :)

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2013 :  15:14:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

It's OK for me at least.

Fully expecting a decade-long wait, at a bare minimum, I just compiled the notes myself. :)

Okay, that's weird. I resent the file twice since the last send failure.

So you still haven't received it?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  00:15:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send the file to me so I can see what I've forgotten!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  05:43:18  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any progress on posting this Wooly?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  10:48:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Any progress on posting this Wooly?

Nope. Never got it from friend Sage.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2013 :  12:57:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the dimensional barrier between Australia and Earth is more powerful then the one between Abeir and Toril - it lets NOTHING escape.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  10:33:50  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Sage, never received and I have check my spam box as well.

Anyway, I've done it myself in the interim. I may even share it once it's tidied up.

Cheers
D

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  16:34:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyway, I've done it myself in the interim. I may even share it once it's tidied up.

Have you got just the stuff from Candlekeep? Or did you try and include what Krash has posted about Impiltur on both the REALMS-L and FR WotC boards? [Which is what my compilation file will eventually offer the scribes of Candlekeep.]

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2013 :  14:40:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh... there's that word again... "eventually".

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  01:50:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even more so. I've had a VERY spotty internet connection over the last few days. [I couldn't make a connection at all yesterday.] And it's routinely dropping out this morning as well, so...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  05:21:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Even more so. I've had a VERY spotty internet connection over the last few days. [I couldn't make a connection at all yesterday.] And it's routinely dropping out this morning as well, so...

Is SageNet down? Have you powercycled the SageRouter?

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  08:49:00  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be, or not to be... or maybe to be l8ter when the interwebs are working anon :D
Go to Top of Page

Lothlos
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2013 :  16:58:41  Show Profile Send Lothlos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a little late to the game it seems, but I would love a copy of the document The Sage is working on as well.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2013 :  03:16:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still having a great deal of trouble with my internet. I'm typing this from a SagePad at the moment, so any uploading potential for the file is severely limited at this point until I get a reliable web connection back.

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  05:30:33  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Have you got just the stuff from Candlekeep? Or did you try and include what Krash has posted about Impiltur on both the REALMS-L and FR WotC boards? [Which is what my compilation file will eventually offer the scribes of Candlekeep.]

I got the REALMS-L stuff but nothing from the WotC boards.

However, I have it now, in real time. :)

Cheers
D

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  06:23:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If only I could remember what I've posted over the years on the Realms-L and over at WotC! You have to get that compilation into general circulation Sage, or I fear that I'll be contradicting myself (if I haven't already done so ...).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  08:33:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

If only I could remember what I've posted over the years on the Realms-L and over at WotC! You have to get that compilation into general circulation Sage, or I fear that I'll be contradicting myself (if I haven't already done so ...).

-- George Krashos

You're in luck, George. I've actually been spending most of the last few hours tidying up my compilation. I should have a copy ready for you on the morrow.

Now, would you prefer a .doc or PDF version?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  08:50:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doc will be fine. That way I can add stuff easier along the way.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6352 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  09:38:26  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance others can get this compilation.

I have all georges posts from here and incorporated the into my realms but I would hate to think I had missed some juicy lore from other sites.

Pretty please.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  10:51:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, yes. Krash has first priority... because this is something I've long been promising to finish and send to him.

Once that's done, I'll take Wooly up on his kind offer [assuming it's still okay], and interested folk can then download it from there.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  14:15:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, yes. Krash has first priority... because this is something I've long been promising to finish and send to him.

Once that's done, I'll take Wooly up on his kind offer [assuming it's still okay], and interested folk can then download it from there.

The offer is still good.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  15:43:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know...

If I finish the map, and we combine that with Sage's compiled GK material, we could actually make an 'Impltur Campaign Guide' (in lieu of the CKC we seem to never be able to do).

Go to Top of Page

Lothlos
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2013 :  17:00:00  Show Profile Send Lothlos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That would be great

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  02:39:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

You know...

If I finish the map, and we combine that with Sage's compiled GK material, we could actually make an 'Impltur Campaign Guide' (in lieu of the CKC we seem to never be able to do).

That sounds like an awesome idea, Markus. How far along are you with the map?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  04:35:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am only about 70% done with my Eastern Heartlands map, but an Impiltur/Bloodstone/Unapproachble East (Great Dale/Thesk) would be much easier to complete because it encompasses a much smaller portion of the entire map.

I've got just about all the locales placed, and most of the roads are done. I think the terrain is complete as well (in that region, anyway). I think all I really have left is labeling, and I started that as well (just a couple of spots in Damara, IIRC).

I'm kinda proud of the way Impiltur and The Vast came out on this latest one, so it would be a shame if it never saw the light of day. Finishing a smaller portion of is definitely something I could accomplish, without my ADD derailing me again. There were some features in Thesk and The Great Dale that never made it onto any maps other then the ones in UE as well (a few lakes). It would also give me incentive to finish the rest of it (which is the other half of the Western Heartlands map I have already posted).

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2013 :  05:32:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark, why don't you send me your work in progress map so I can see if the Impiltur part needs any tweaking? Let me know.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  15:12:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I never realize how quickly my techniques evolve until I look at something else I did - that map isn't even that old, and there are several things I no longer do the same. First off, I'm going to have to explode the resolution (hate doing that, but there is no other option other then starting over). Second, my icons set has been improved (more like my old one, before the fire, but better), so I'll have to change all of those as well.

When I increase the terrain-rez, I won't be increasing the rez on the other layers (because that would defeat the purpose), so that means re-drawing all the coasts and waterways, along with all the roads (fortunately, I've gotten MUCH faster at roads). This map currently is very close to the scale of the official (canon) 3e map, which was the whole point at the time - it was a 're-draw' of that map, using the 1e/2e terrain layout. I now work at a scale at least 1½ times that amount (so it doesn't look so 'cluttered' when I label it).

So I think my best option at this point is to consider this a sort-of 'insert' map - it will be a close-up snapshot of the larger one, with greater detail (thus, I won't have to start-over with the main map, which was supposed to be part of a series of 9 maps detailing ALL of Faerūn right up to the borders of KT and Zakhara).

Let me tweak it a little (to what it will be like with the new resolution), and then send it your way.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2013 :  14:09:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think you are getting my PMs.

Was Pick 'N' Axe renamed Moranay at some point? What's Arn's Cove - it is just above the (unlabeled) icon for Kielbast?

Where did Relgar's Ford come from? (and why is it in such an obviously inaccurate location {for a ford} on the Dragon Magazine map?) Belfry of Battle?

Is the Tower of Lamentation really supposed to be on the coast? Borgar's Mill? Much head-scratching going on.

And BTW - I am SO into an CKC 'Special Impiltur Edition' right now.

Edited by - Markustay on 06 Nov 2013 14:18:48
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2013 :  15:21:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a WIP of what I have so far - I've only re-worked the stuff in Impiltur - I haven't adjusted the resolution of the other settlements or roads yet. Its the original terrain layout with the 3e textures applied.

Wasn't sure about Krash's E-mail, so I figure I'd just post it for everyone. Let the corrections/critiques begin!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000