Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 On Impiltur...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Amarel Derakanor Posted - 16 Sep 2008 : 14:55:16
Well met.

For the Chronology(Campaign) I'm running, I have tried to find some in-depth information regarding Impiltur, but the only I have come up with so far is in the 3:Edition FRCS, and the GHotR, and that ain't much.

Could someone direct me to a more "informative" source?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 23 Feb 2020 : 21:08:07
Acolyte KJSEvans,

Here is a link to that color map!

http://candlekeep.com/images/sitegfx/mt_impiltur.jpg

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by KJSEvans

Those are certainly incredibly useful! Although I'm also curious about Markustay's colour map - I couldn't find a link for it that worked.

Dalor Darden Posted - 29 Jan 2020 : 07:19:48
You might try sending a PM to Markustay so he might get an email notification. I noticed the link in my article looks like he took down his map I copied.
KJSEvans Posted - 28 Jan 2020 : 23:58:31
Those are certainly incredibly useful! Although I'm also curious about Markustay's colour map - I couldn't find a link for it that worked.
Dalor Darden Posted - 28 Jan 2020 : 20:02:12
I think I have a black and white that I made by copying most of what Markustay did in a color map.

You can find it here in this link to an old blog of mine (hope this is ok to put here):

http://ravensquill.blogspot.com/2016/02/old-school-mapping-part-2.html
KJSEvans Posted - 28 Jan 2020 : 19:02:10
Sorry for the thread necro - I've become very interested in Impiltur (to the point where I'm planning a Level 1-15 campaign set there). Is there a compilation of information that I can access? And any good high-res maps? I play on Roll20 with my group.
George Krashos Posted - 12 Oct 2015 : 06:40:59
Sage has in fact provided the compilation and I am happy for him to post it here, but note that it is essentially the stuff that is available to all in my Chamber of Sages thread. I advise however that some of it is old, re-jigged and ... fixed up. I confess that I have done a small amount of retroactive editing on some of the posts in my thread so as to make things more consistent, fix some snafus and to enable room for developing ideas and concepts. My Impiltur work is therefore fairly fluid given it isn't "official" and I can make those sorts of changes. Of course, the dream is to accumulate enough stuff to be able to produce a full-fledged Impiltur sourcebook. I'm something of a perfectionist, so what currently exists isn't up to scratch. Should be good to go in about a decade at this rate! In the meantime, keep a watch on my thread. There was at least one decent Impiltur post just in the last week.

-- George Krashos
Derulbaskul Posted - 09 Oct 2015 : 08:44:29
And yet another year of sage time has passed us by....

Dante76 Posted - 12 Sep 2015 : 16:20:06
Greetings,

any updates so far?

thanks
mikemax Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 15:50:30
Great news Sage! Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it. =)

Markus- Good to hear that you are so busy and that the Impiltur map is still in the works! And of course that last teaser is just making me wonder all the more about what you've been up to. ;-)
Markustay Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 04:15:37
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oh, yes, it is. Well, my end at least. Not too sure about Markus, since I've yet to hear back from him.
Can't really talk about everything I am working on for the moment, but I think Krash will forgive my tardiness, all things considered. Impiltur is still 'in the works', and I am actually dying to wrap it up, but I have so much on my plate ATM.

Lets just say that at least some of the things I am doing bodes well for the Realms.

Bodes very well indeed.
The Sage Posted - 20 Oct 2014 : 03:15:29
Special announcement:- I'm now on the last few pages of the "Impiltur" compilation I've been putting together for Krash. It's been a long road, and my time to devote to the project over the last several weeks has been severely curtailed by heavy work commitments*. Really, I shouldn't have even been stopping past Candlekeep today, either, but I just wanted to let curious folk know that this project will shortly be on it's way to George for a final look-over and advisement commentary. Then he'll be able to decide what course-to-follow for release from there.

* -- Sorry George, I know I'd promised you the supplement over the weekend of 10-11/Oct, but unexpected work had to come first, unfortunately. I'm nearly ready now, though, and seeking final hours for complete refinement and updates from my notebooks.
Lothlos Posted - 09 Sep 2014 : 01:48:00
Awesome can't wait.
The Sage Posted - 29 Aug 2014 : 04:33:35
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

quote:

Awesome!

Now Big Al and I can collaborate on what musings go on which of Candlekeep's shelves.

Does that mean we won't be seeing them in my lifetime?

Heh.

It basically means that just as soon as Alaundo and I can arrange space on Candlekeep's virtual shelves, the first few items of this lovely offering from Krash, will be uploaded to the site for access by the community.
Derulbaskul Posted - 28 Aug 2014 : 09:20:46
quote:

Awesome!

Now Big Al and I can collaborate on what musings go on which of Candlekeep's shelves.

Does that mean we won't be seeing them in my lifetime?
The Sage Posted - 26 Aug 2014 : 14:26:47
Awesome!

George Krashos Posted - 26 Aug 2014 : 08:05:45
Consider my OKAY to be given. If Candlekeep is happy to host my Impiltur musings then I am more than happy to let them.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 25 Aug 2014 : 03:05:21
Oh, yes, it is. Well, my end at least. Not too sure about Markus, since I've yet to hear back from him.

Also, there'll be a little *something special* included once this project is uploaded to the main site, which Krash recently passed along to me in order to make it available to the general community here at Candlekeep.

I'll just await his final OKAY before we go ahead.
Lothlos Posted - 24 Aug 2014 : 17:43:29
Just wondering if this is still in the works?
Lothlos Posted - 27 Jun 2014 : 21:46:03
@ Markustay Glad you have not given up & enjoying The World of Ark
Markustay Posted - 02 May 2014 : 00:50:33
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I suspect that Markustay has moved on from the Impiltur map as he is doing a lot of work for Dalor Darden's Ravenlore project. Shame really as the last lot of changes I suggested would have given it sufficient polish to be "the" go to map for Impiltur.
I haven't forgotten this, I am just working over time for Ravenlore to get some products out the door before Gencon this year. I think the one we have planned for Free RPG day will really knock everyone's socks off. Stay tuned...

As for the Realms, what can I say? They will never again be what I fell in love with. I might be interested in the new Realms - only time will tell. I barely even check this site anymore. I do want to eventually finish all my 'open' projects though; after all, it was my FR maps that got my foot in the door. I always did do it 'for the fans', so what the company does doesn't really matter in this regard.
mikemax Posted - 25 Apr 2014 : 19:20:32
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

As for Sage's compilation. I hope I have the years ...

-- George Krashos

Good one George. I'm sure Sage will come through for us... eventually.

hmm...Now where did I put that longevity potion?

The Sage Posted - 23 Apr 2014 : 03:26:26
I've got a holiday period coming in May around my birthday, so I'll set aside some time then for this, and then pester Markus about his half of the project.
George Krashos Posted - 23 Apr 2014 : 00:22:31
I suspect that Markustay has moved on from the Impiltur map as he is doing a lot of work for Dalor Darden's Ravenlore project. Shame really as the last lot of changes I suggested would have given it sufficient polish to be "the" go to map for Impiltur.

As for Sage's compilation. I hope I have the years ...

-- George Krashos
mikemax Posted - 22 Apr 2014 : 20:32:15
Hey gang. Any progress or updates on the scroll or the map?
Thanks again in advance for all of the hard work Markustay and Sage. =)
Lothlos Posted - 15 Mar 2014 : 14:47:24
Giving this one a little bump looking forward to the Netbook
Lothlos Posted - 13 Feb 2014 : 13:56:20
Thanks to everyone for their hard work and no pressure from me. I am looking forward to reading the finished work; I also understand that life sometimes throws curve balls.

George Krashos Posted - 12 Feb 2014 : 22:52:07
Great stuff Markustay. Looking forward to seeing it.

-- George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 12 Feb 2014 : 15:42:19
Sorry; I am working on three different commissions ATM (two art, one writing), so I, too, have fallen behind. It is so close to being finished I can taste it LOL. I was going to post a WIP, but as I said, its almost a waste to do so, since it is so close. I'll try to have that done by the weekend (I am actually ahead of schedule on one of my pay-projects, so I think I can manage that).
George Krashos Posted - 12 Feb 2014 : 06:08:12
No pressure Sage. Life is like that more often than not.

I'm just looking forward to it so as to read all the lore I forgot I'd written! Oh, and to iron out the inevitable clashes in the lore.

Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 12 Feb 2014 : 03:36:51
Not surprsingly, I've fallen behind. Work committments have taken up a lot of my time over the last fortnight, which means my finishing up the compilation of Krash's IMPILTUR file has suffered.

I should be back on track next week, though, since I'll be having a few days off from work. Serious time to devote to my Candlekeep projects.

Sorry folks.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000