Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What happens with Cale in 4e?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hahahax
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  01:13:53  Show Profile  Visit hahahax's Homepage Send hahahax a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm just wondering if there's any word on what happens with Erevis Cale in 4e realms?

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  01:34:37  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe we will learn more about that after the last book of the Twilight War trilogy is published. An event I equally anticipate and dread (And do not wish to read any spoilers on.)

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Strife026
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2008 :  02:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Strife026's Homepage Send Strife026 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there is nothing yet and with certain missing info in the new FRCG, it does not necessarily bode well for Cale in 4E. However, Mr. Kemp notified us in both his own blog/journal and in the upcoming novels thread here at Candlekeep that he is to write a trilogy that builds off the Twilight War Trilogy he is currently writing. He was mum as to what, if any, characters from previous novels will make a reappearance in this new trilogy (NDA are a b****), but Cale could definitely make an appearance since he is a Shade and would easily survive the 100+ year timejump to 4E. So hope for him in 4E is still high!

Edited by - Strife026 on 16 Aug 2008 02:50:55
Go to Top of Page

Skelessdelradris
Acolyte

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:39:18  Show Profile  Visit Skelessdelradris's Homepage Send Skelessdelradris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope he survives that 100 year jump as well! He is a great character and always enjoyable to read about. If I remember correctly from the new 4th edition set, didnt something happen to the God he serves? Mask?

MTLBiceps

--------------
Skelessdelradris
Sage and scholar
of ancient Netheril

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:49:28  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Information directly related to the events of the final book of Mr. Kemp's Twilight War trilogy were not included in the FRCG on purpose, as not to spoil things. In the pending interview I have with Bruce Cordell, I posed the question if he agrees with this sort of thing or not.

-Anyway, the FRCG says specifically concerning Mask that, while the deity is gone, his Chosen, from time to time, can be found in his Divine Realm. Being as that Erevis Cale is one of Masks' five Chosen (four, if you don't want to include the hidden/not-yet-selected one), you have a 1 in 5 chance of that mention hinting at Erevis Cale (or, 1 in 4, for the reasons highlighted above).

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 02 Oct 2008 16:50:57
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  20:41:21  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MTLBiceps

I really hope he survives that 100 year jump as well! He is a great character and always enjoyable to read about. If I remember correctly from the new 4th edition set, didnt something happen to the God he serves? Mask?

MTLBiceps

Mask is gone. Unclear as to whether he is dead or decided to seek his fortunes elsewhere.

Which SUCKS! I used to regard Mask as the divine equivalent of a rainworm, but then along comes Paul S. Kemp and makes him into one of my favorites....And now he is gone.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  06:20:07  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They have not said if he is gone or not. The official word is to wait and see the final act of Paul's novel, where it will be revealed.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  22:45:22  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The beauty of a god like Mask is that there never really is a final act for him - his portfolio used to include "intrigue" for Ao's sakes. I don't think I'll ever be ready to call his chips cashed.

It seems like I've been waiting forever for the end to that trilogy...either way it goes for ol' Clothface, I think that Mask's fate is going to be one helluva climax to the series.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  00:41:03  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If he's not dead, or maybe even if he is, I'm sure we'll learn he killed at least one of the dead gods.

I mean, come on. He's the butler. The butler always did it.
Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  05:26:35  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I imagine Cale will continue as he usually does, i.e., get the pulp beaten out of him to the brink of death, then turn the fight around and soldier on, rinse and repeat. I am not knocking the Cale novels, I enjoyed them thoroughly.

Actually... the spell plague might be an interesting opportunity for Cale's power to be scaled back a bit. He has become ever more powerful, which ramped up the action, but also made the fighting sort of repetitive in the later books (hey I'm almost dead, time to use some shadow powers and get my fast healing going!)

quote:
Originally posted by hahahax

I'm just wondering if there's any word on what happens with Erevis Cale in 4e realms?

Edited by - Ranak on 07 Oct 2008 05:27:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000