Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Gods who would use evil feys
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  07:30:08  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Can someone tell me which evil god would use evil feys like joystealers as minions and which means they would use to control or influence them in doing dirty work for them?

Thanks

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  07:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are joystealers?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  07:46:44  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its an evil urban fey who feeds on emotions...
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  10:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
4e?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  13:03:36  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No....3rd is can be found in MM4
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  13:31:14  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could imagine Shar and Loviathar, maybe Cyric and Besheba as well, using them as minions or hte likes, esp. in torture rituals as such treatment, pleasant or not, sets free lots of emotions and the joystealers might be seen as vassals to channal such emotions more dirctly to the God(ess).

Than again, you might want to keep in mind that sometimes emotions such as pain or hatred might be considered 'a sacrafice' to the God in which name the (torture) ritual is being executed. As joystealers feed on such emotions they might no longer go to the God(ess) at all.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 09 Jun 2008 13:32:51
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  14:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Auril is cold and emotionless. She may have joystealer servitors as well.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  14:51:25  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When corruption comes in, Lolth should be around. In general though, I'd rather tie evil fey to demon and devil lords, who could easily corrupt them via the use of succubi, lilitu or brachinas.
Some evil "Nature" deities like Auril or Talona might come in too, or Beshaba.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  15:12:07  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used Joystealers in my campaign.

They struck at a group of Lliira's worshippers after having been corrupted historically by Pale Night. Whilst not strictly a deity she can have worshippers and her aims and goals are largely mysterious. She has a whole layer of the Abyss populated by trapped Eladrin children, it seemed reasonable to me that some other fey could be trapped there as well and could have become corrupted by long exposure to the malicious chaos of the Abyss.

More obviously of course, there's the Queen of Air and Darkness who rules the Unseelie Court. Why not just have the Joystealers part of that court?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000