Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Gods who would use evil feys

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bane of the Harpers Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 07:30:08
Can someone tell me which evil god would use evil feys like joystealers as minions and which means they would use to control or influence them in doing dirty work for them?

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Na-Gang Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 15:12:07
I've used Joystealers in my campaign.

They struck at a group of Lliira's worshippers after having been corrupted historically by Pale Night. Whilst not strictly a deity she can have worshippers and her aims and goals are largely mysterious. She has a whole layer of the Abyss populated by trapped Eladrin children, it seemed reasonable to me that some other fey could be trapped there as well and could have become corrupted by long exposure to the malicious chaos of the Abyss.

More obviously of course, there's the Queen of Air and Darkness who rules the Unseelie Court. Why not just have the Joystealers part of that court?
Zanan Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 14:51:25
When corruption comes in, Lolth should be around. In general though, I'd rather tie evil fey to demon and devil lords, who could easily corrupt them via the use of succubi, lilitu or brachinas.
Some evil "Nature" deities like Auril or Talona might come in too, or Beshaba.
Brian R. James Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 14:17:41
Auril is cold and emotionless. She may have joystealer servitors as well.
Ergdusch Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 13:31:14
I could imagine Shar and Loviathar, maybe Cyric and Besheba as well, using them as minions or hte likes, esp. in torture rituals as such treatment, pleasant or not, sets free lots of emotions and the joystealers might be seen as vassals to channal such emotions more dirctly to the God(ess).

Than again, you might want to keep in mind that sometimes emotions such as pain or hatred might be considered 'a sacrafice' to the God in which name the (torture) ritual is being executed. As joystealers feed on such emotions they might no longer go to the God(ess) at all.
Bane of the Harpers Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 13:03:36
No....3rd is can be found in MM4
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 10:01:22
4e?
Bane of the Harpers Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 07:46:44
Its an evil urban fey who feeds on emotions...
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 09 Jun 2008 : 07:42:06
What are joystealers?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000