Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 No more WotC 3e FR boards
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  22:08:17  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
Long term planning and corporations do not -- CANNOT !!! -- mix. Never did, because the managers manage to downsize the company to raise the profit margin, thus pleasing the shareholders and earning themselves a fat wad of cash before they jump ship, get another hefty severance payment and watch the company they ran so "competently" go down while they downsize the next company... if you are not personally involved in the business you are managing you basically don't give a **** about it.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  23:30:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Okay, I think I may have had a prescient moment - Am I the only one who cannot access the FR board? I can see it, but I can't enter any of the threads! I keep getting some kind of weird error message...

There they go... inspiring confidence again.

Or maybe they finally 'booted' me.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  23:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
It ain't just you, the database error appears for me too

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  00:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message
No need for conspiracy theories. Candlekeep still exists. I made absolutely sure of that!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  01:14:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
LOL - Thank God for Brian.

Their boards are back up again, BTW.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  01:27:05  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message
For what its worth, while I think its fine to say that we do or do not like a given change or product or novel, I think that it falls far beyond the scope of the discussions we want to get into when we start to speculate over the decisions made in boardrooms or by individual designers or editors. If we know for sure that something has been clearly stated, I can understand discussing it, but I'm seeign a lot of conjecture built upon conjecture that I don't think is particularly condusive to discussing the Realms.

Oh, and Brian, thank you kindly for making sure the Candlekeep survived, although if you get the chance, if you could make sure that a certain scribe by the name of Arkhaedun managed to find a timegate or fall into suspended animation or cloned or whatnot, I'd know my future and my employment at the keep was insured . . .
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  21:31:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
So their boards were down all morning for "unsheduled maintenance", which of course is just a nice way of saying "we crashed... AGAIN".

Then they came back on about an hour ago... and just CRASHED AGAIN!

Yeah... I can't wait to see how much fun the 'gaming Table' is gonna be...

I'm not saying the DDi won't be great.. I'm just expecting Pigs to fly and Hell to freeze over first.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  19:48:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Back up today, but their threads are inacessable - you can see the names of them but when you try to enter a thread you get a Server Message.

Nothing like hiring you employees off the 'D' List.

This had gone from funny to just plain pathetic... I even caught wind of some 'legal trouble' they had concerning their DDI Gaming Table - it appears their lazy staff 'borrowed' some code off another independent Gaming-Table piece of software.

It makes me wonder if thats what they were basing their timetable on, and if so, what does it mean now they've received a "Cease and Desist" order? More delays and poorly written code?

This is getting so bad I'm actually starting to feel bad for them.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Jun 2008 19:53:32
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  20:04:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I just accessed their forums just fine...

I'd like more info on these legal problems you speak of.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Jun 2008 20:05:53
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  20:44:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Are you sure?

Did you try to enter the individual threads? I can see the main forum page, and get all the way to the FR one, but I can't enter the threads at all without reciving the "Database Error" message.

I suppose they could have banned me, but I haven't done anything lately, and I think it would be more thorough then that.

As for their 'problems', I learned about them HERE.

Supposedly old news, but I find it rather interesting that they would try to pass that off as theirs, even for a place-holder. The fact that they used someone else's for the pic makes me wonder how much has actually gone into making one?

Either way, WotC complied and it's no longer an issue.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Jun 2008 21:31:04
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  20:56:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Are you sure?

Did you try to enter the individual threads? I can see the main forum page, and get all the way to the FR one, but I can't eneter the threads at all without reciving the "Database Error" message.

I suppose they could have banned me, but I haven't done anything lately, and I think it would be more thorough then that.

I read the most recent posts in the Ask the Realms Designers thread.

When I was banned, I didn't know until I tried to log in and got an error.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  21:43:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Hmmmmmm...

I just tried from another computer, and I'm still receiving the Database Error message.

I think I was banned, but I've only posted once in the last few days, and it was completely innocuous!

Unless they are getting mad about things I'm saying on other sites, but that wouldn't be very fair.

Can't say I care much... I pretty much stopped going there anyway. I suppose they are rounding up the dissidents....

EDIT:
I just managed to get into one thread, so I don't think I'm banned - it seems to be hit-or-miss right now.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Jun 2008 21:45:53
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2008 :  20:16:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
It was working fine for me today, albeit VERY slow - but at least I could open threads now.

I went to make a post, and the whole thing crashed again.

It really isn't worth my time anymore - CandleKeep might have its little Gremlins, but WotC's must be 60' tall!

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  15:10:15  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
What I experienced is that the site is more under maintenance than anything else. Seems like they try to get this 60' tall gremlin once and for good.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2008 :  00:41:49  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
Yeah, the WotC boards have been having on and off problems lately. If you can't get on, odds are it's not because you were banned.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2008 :  12:36:04  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Yeah, the WotC boards have been having on and off problems lately. If you can't get on, odds are it's not because you were banned.

And I wondered about what of my roughly duzen posts made them so mad!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2008 :  08:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message
On a sidenote ... is it just me or is the "FR board" pretty active of late? As in: the reduction a la "e pluribus unum" should be reconsidered.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 24 Jun 2008 08:13:49
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2008 :  16:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

On a sidenote ... is it just me or is the "FR board" pretty active of late? As in: the reduction a la "e pluribus unum" should be reconsidered.

Supposedly, we will be getting a second board. I don't know when, though.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  16:04:14  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-I'd just like to take this moment to admonish MT.

-The Forgotten Realms boards are edition-neutral, being as that they have their very own specific niche. They are NOT 4e boards, just like the old format was never specifically 3e boards. Those who use the 3e system can contribute as much/as little as they want, just as those who use the 4e system can contribute as much/as little as they want, or those who use the 2e system can contribute as much/as little as they want, and so on.

-Next time, MT, you want to start shouting the sky is falling, please actually speak to those who are in charge and get your facts straight.

-Thank you.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  04:47:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

I just checked, and they've done some jockying around.

Originally, when they first SHUT DOWN THE FR boards (they DID do that, remember?), the one and only (and there is still just one) forum for FR was found under the sub-heading heading 4th Edition D&D.

Thats a FACT... but unfortunetly they have since changed it to be under "D&D Worlds" , so I can't take a screenshot proving my point. However, at the time I posted this thread, it was 100% ACCURATE! The ONLY FR board in existance was the one under the '4th edition' sub-forum header.

I love when people attack me about something thats over a month out-of-date - its the second time its happened here, and both times it was by 'a friend'.

How's that saying go... "with friends like these..."

And you will have noticed that I have begun to participate again - albeit not as much as before - and everything I post is edition neutral - I even did a goddamn map for people wanting to use the 4e DMG starter adventure in FR! And you know all of that, so you know I know, so what was the point of all of this?

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Jul 2008 04:50:00
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  05:41:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
...And I think this thread has now run its course. Locked.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000