Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Survey on Wizards.com!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  19:39:26  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
They started a survey regarding the interest of a Dragon online version so to speak.

All log on and tell them to **** *** (censored!)

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  20:23:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Link please?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  20:31:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I just looked at the site, and I can't find any surveys.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  20:41:49  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It popped up when I switched to the Dragon, or Dungeon, site...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  21:50:00  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it is a pop-up survey?

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  01:26:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

So it is a pop-up survey?

If it is, the odds of the rest of us seeing it are slim.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  01:34:58  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got it as well when I logged in. I told them that I wasn't really that interested in an online version of Dragon Magazine.

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 06 May 2008 01:43:09
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  08:52:30  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I got it as well when I logged in. I told them that I wasn't really that interested in an online version of Dragon Magazine.

Same here! I got it and told them the same... Dragon online is just not the same... especially not with the article quality being so poor these days.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 06 May 2008 15:50:30
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  11:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hells no!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  16:15:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if I get a chance to do that survey, I'll tell 'em what I think. Thanks for the heads-up.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 06 May 2008 16:16:41
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  08:01:02  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll keep an eye out for it as well. I always try to do the surveys they send out.

"Man does not live by bread alone, likewise, blades and arrows aren't the only things that can kill him."
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  03:59:23  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Just so all you people know, the log-in information and password for all of that free DRAGON/DUNGEON content is your ordinary WotC Boards account log-in (E-mail address) and password.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  05:19:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Just so all you people know, the log-in information and password for all of that free DRAGON/DUNGEON content is your ordinary WotC Boards account log-in (E-mail address) and password.

...Which isn't any good if you've been wrongly banned from those forums.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  05:24:31  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of not being any good trying to log in, does anyone else have days when their log in doesn't work, even when you know for sure that you put in the right password? I've had that happen a few times, and then the next day it works fine.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  07:54:07  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't had that problem as of yet, KEJr...

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  16:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Speaking of not being any good trying to log in, does anyone else have days when their log in doesn't work, even when you know for sure that you put in the right password? I've had that happen a few times, and then the next day it works fine.
I have, multiple times. The first time I panicked and changed my email and Gleemax (I hate that name) passwords, then I realized it was just Gleemax being stupid.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  17:21:42  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

-Mmmhmm...You'll find no sympathy from me.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  17:22:37  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-See [url=http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11180]THIS[/url] thread.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  18:32:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-Mmmhmm...You'll find no sympathy from me.

I didn't expect it. Any place that comes down on people for mentioning the possibility of a novel, or for saying a post is unintelligible, is not a place that would be expected to give sympathy. And yes, those were two of my three strikes. I don't know what the third was, because the entire offending thread was deleted. Global warnings may be easy, but they step on a lot of innocent toes.

Good attitude, by the way. Someone has, thru no fault of his own, been denied access to WotC's content. And your response is that you don't care. Excellent customer service!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Jul 2008 20:29:43
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  21:00:50  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't expect it. Any place that comes down on people for mentioning the possibility of a novel, or for saying a post is unintelligible, is not a place that would be expected to give sympathy. And yes, those were two of my three strikes. I don't know what the third was, because the entire offending thread was deleted. Global warnings may be easy, but they step on a lot of innocent toes.

-You break the rules, you get punished. It's not that hard. BigSis didn't discipline people for no reason. As such, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Especially when BigSis isn't around to provide the other side of the story.

quote:

Good attitude, by the way. Someone has, thru no fault of his own, been denied access to WotC's content. And your response is that you don't care. Excellent customer service!

-I'm not in any way affiliated with WotC in an official capacity.

-That said, see above, and if it bothers you so much, you can create an alternate account to participate in said polls and whatnot.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 08 Jul 2008 21:02:15
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  21:18:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-You break the rules, you get punished. It's not that hard. BigSis didn't discipline people for no reason. As such, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Especially when BigSis isn't around to provide the other side of the story.

I'll disagree with people not being disciplined for no reason. Global warnings on everyone in a thread, regardless of what they did, mean that innocent people can, and have been, disciplined. All I said was that a particular post was unintelligible. But some people in the thread went further, and I caught the hammer along with them.

And when discussing existing novels is forbidden, saying that a particular person hasn't written a novel, but that it might be good if he did, shouldn't be a violation of the rules -- but it somehow was.

And I still don't know what my alleged third offense was, since the entire thread was deleted. I suspect that it was another global warning inflicted on an innocent bystander, but we'll never know, because the info is gone.

quote:

quote:

-I'm not in any way affiliated with WotC in an official capacity.

Really? Then from where does the title "Forgotten Realms Forum Lead" come from?

quote:

-That said, see above, and if it bothers you so much, you can create an alternate account to participate in said polls and whatnot.

Nope. When I am kicked off after doing nothing but being helpful to others, it does not make me want to have anything to do with that forum. Until such time as I receive an apology and the ability to use my chosen name -- the one that was banned -- then nothing will get me back over there. Not even money.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Jul 2008 21:21:08
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  22:45:39  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll disagree with people not being disciplined for no reason. Global warnings on everyone in a thread, regardless of what they did, mean that innocent people can, and have been, disciplined. All I said was that a particular post was unintelligible. But some people in the thread went further, and I caught the hammer along with them.

And when discussing existing novels is forbidden, saying that a particular person hasn't written a novel, but that it might be good if he did, shouldn't be a violation of the rules -- but it somehow was.

And I still don't know what my alleged third offense was, since the entire thread was deleted. I suspect that it was another global warning inflicted on an innocent bystander, but we'll never know, because the info is gone.

-Like I said, when BigSis isn't around to provide the whole story...

quote:

Really? Then from where does the title "Forgotten Realms Forum Lead" come from?

-It is a volunteer position, in so far as I don't receive any compensation for what I do, nor am I affiliated with the company in an official manner. I have specific duties that I perform, but none of that includes making others happy. In fact, much of what I do makes other unhappy. That's not to say that I don't go out of my way to make people happy, though. I do, most of the time. You'll find only a select few who dislike me (and, truth be told, these individuals seem to have agendas, to begin with).

quote:

Nope. When I am kicked off after doing nothing but being helpful to others, it does not make me want to have anything to do with that forum. Until such time as I receive an apology and the ability to use my chosen name -- the one that was banned -- then nothing will get me back over there. Not even money.

-Personally, I find this kind of stance childish. Especially if you then complain about not being able to access specific things, like those preview articles. But, to each his/her own. I'm not here to argue.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 08 Jul 2008 22:47:14
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  22:55:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Childish to be unhappy about being treated unfairly? Childish to be unhappy that I can't use the name I want? Childish to be so offended that I won't go back until treated properly?

Wow, those are uses for the word "childish" that I've never seen before.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  23:14:04  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I've had that happen to me. As said before, that was probably just the forums being screwy. They've been very screwy as of late.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 08 Jul 2008 23:14:24
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  23:23:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Childish to be unhappy about being treated unfairly? Childish to be unhappy that I can't use the name I want? Childish to be so offended that I won't go back until treated properly?

Have you ever written to WotC customer service about this? If not, I'd consider trying it. If you don't say anything, nothing is likely to ever happen.

If you have written to them, and it was a while ago, consider trying again. IIRC, you're describing an event that happened years ago. I've seen some really undeserving (IMO, of course) people get a "pass", so maybe this time a deserving perosn will get one.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  23:49:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Have you ever written to WotC customer service about this? If not, I'd consider trying it. If you don't say anything, nothing is likely to ever happen.

If you have written to them, and it was a while ago, consider trying again. IIRC, you're describing an event that happened years ago. I've seen some really undeserving (IMO, of course) people get a "pass", so maybe this time a deserving perosn will get one.

I tried, on two separate occasions, to take it up with WizO_BigSis. I was polite and respectful both times, but couldn't get very far. The second time, so much time had passed that even she didn't know what was in the deleted thread, and couldn't check. After that, I just gave up.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  23:51:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I tried, on two separate occasions, to take it up with WizO_BigSis. I was polite and respectful both times, but couldn't get very far. The second time, so much time had passed that even she didn't know what was in the deleted thread, and couldn't check. After that, I just gave up.

Well, it seems like what happened is still bothering you, so you might as well try again. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Wiz_O BigSis is even around any more.

Heck, why not try to recreate your old account? It's worth a shot.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 08 Jul 2008 23:52:17
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  01:51:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I no longer want to be on those forums, at least not at the level of involvement I once had. There is the odd occasion when I want to comment, but since I hardly ever even look, that doesn't happen oft.

I think they set a permanent ban on names. And if I can't post under the name I used to use before my banning, then I'm not going to post.

I think I need to stop threadjacking this thread, though.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Jul 2008 01:57:37
Go to Top of Page

Tasker Daze
Seeker

84 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  04:33:45  Show Profile Send Tasker Daze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad the moderators here don't brush off and ignore the complaints of posters. I doubt they're paid, but from what I've seen, they still try to help out everyone and keep everyone happy.

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
739 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  06:49:27  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Honestly, I no longer want to be on those forums, at least not at the level of involvement I once had. There is the odd occasion when I want to comment, but since I hardly ever even look, that doesn't happen oft.

I think they set a permanent ban on names. And if I can't post under the name I used to use before my banning, then I'm not going to post.

All the more reason to register under a new name, Wooly. Who cares then what it is, as long as you are able to view the 'dubious' DDI content that you need a Gleemax -- gods I despise that name -- account for. Yes, I know it's the principal of the thing, but life's too short -- and often too unfair -- for us to always expect justice. Time to move on, I think.
quote:

I think I need to stop threadjacking this thread, though.

Good idea. As a respected moderator here, you should know better.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Ladejarl
Seeker

Norway
55 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  09:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Ladejarl's Homepage Send Ladejarl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene
Good idea. As a respected moderator here, you should know better.

He is the Master of Mischief.

"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000