Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 ICON 2008
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2008 :  16:52:33  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm just wondering if any of you are planning to head to ICON this year. It's next weekend (April 8, 2008) in Stonybrook, New York (on Long Island). For more info, check out ICONSF.org. I'll be there and I know Bill Slaviscek and Mike Mearls will be there for Wizards.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein

Kheris
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2008 :  13:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Kheris's Homepage Send Kheris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most assuredly, as my lovely wife and I do every year

We're also looking forward to the 4e demos, and any panels the Wizards folks are doing.

Eytan, will you be there in an official capacity, doing any panels, whathaveyou?
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2008 :  02:44:26  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kheris

We're also looking forward to the 4e demos, and any panels the Wizards folks are doing.

Eytan, will you be there in an official capacity, doing any panels, whathaveyou?

I had been in contact with the ICON people to do some panels, but it's still a bit up in the air. I won't be there doing anything official for any companies. If I do anything, it might just be to talk in some general panels.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2008 :  02:46:34  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let me know if you folks would like to meet up. I'll be there on Friday night and all day Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  08:11:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its in the next town over from me.

Way too far... gotta be at least eight miles.

Unless you can get me in for free.......

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Apr 2008 08:16:14
Go to Top of Page

Kheris
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  17:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Kheris's Homepage Send Kheris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

quote:

Let me know if you folks would like to meet up. I'll be there on Friday night and all day Saturday.

Sounds like a plan, as our schedules match perfectly, if you like shoot me a PM :)

Oh, and Markus, don't feel too bad, I'm not even sure they're doing a 4e demo, which is the only real attraction for the Mrs. and I this year (their site has it listed as Sunday, but the gaming schedule doesn't show anything about 4e).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  20:53:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has nothing at all to do with 4e. In fact, the one and only time I went I didn't go anywhere near the gaming area.

I went once, 20 years ago (when I only lived three miles away), and it didn't thrill me.

Simple as that.

I've been to two other Cons - a Star Trek one, and Ghengis Con (another gaming one in PA), and enjoyed both of those, but Icon just seems 'cheesy' to me.

Then again, since I haven't been to one in twenty years, who am I to judge?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Apr 2008 20:54:15
Go to Top of Page

Kheris
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  03:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Kheris's Homepage Send Kheris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Has nothing at all to do with 4e. In fact, the one and only time I went I didn't go anywhere near the gaming area.

I went once, 20 years ago (when I only lived three miles away), and it didn't thrill me.

Simple as that.

I've been to two other Cons - a Star Trek one, and Ghengis Con (another gaming one in PA), and enjoyed both of those, but Icon just seems 'cheesy' to me.

Being hip-deep in anime cosplayers and furries is cheesy?

Never!

/Not either
//Nor is the wife
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  03:59:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's all those guys who speak Klingon that really freak me out.

Go to Top of Page

Kheris
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  03:59:59  Show Profile  Visit Kheris's Homepage Send Kheris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it's all those guys who speak Klingon that really freak me out.

True, at least Sindarin is easy on the ears
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  01:17:37  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its in the next town over from me.

Way too far... gotta be at least eight miles.

Unless you can get me in for free.......

Ha!!! I can't get me in for free.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  01:18:11  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Simple as that.

I think there's a lot more happening than there was 20 years ago, but I wasn't there then.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2008 :  02:23:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be fair, I heard it has gotten much better. The guys from both my LGS's go (one has a booth), and they seem to enjoy it.

As for me, when I had my own company and worked 80 hours a week, I could never find the time. Now that I have all the time in the world (On disability), I no longer have the money to go.

Isn't life just funny like that?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000