Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Ability scores drained to 0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  15:31:55  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It may be somewhere else on the site but,

What happens when individual ability scores are drained

Strength:Fall to the ground. Helpless
Dex:Paralyzed, Helpless
Con:Death. Cannot be raised
Wisdom:Unconscious
Intelligence:Unconscious
Charisma:Unconscious

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

Edited by - Aravine on 01 Apr 2008 16:17:24

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  15:49:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When Wisdom or Intelligence hit 0, the character starts believing anything Jack Chick tells them.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC STR and DEX of 0 makes a character immobile or paralyzed (effectively becoming a vegetable)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:11:17  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the info is in the DMG????

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:12:36  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And that is the one book I just can't seem to find....

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found the info on an SRD

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:14:35  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll update it for the use of others.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

When Wisdom or Intelligence hit 0, the character starts believing anything Jack Chick tells them.

Ouch, that was wicked!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:41:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Ouch, that was wicked!

Thanks!

It was actually kinda tough to think up that one -- it's hard to pick something that will amuse everyone without offending someone. But since Jack Chick is known to most gamers by his anti-D&D BS, it made him a good choice.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  16:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks!

It was actually kinda tough to think up that one -- it's hard to pick something that will amuse everyone without offending someone. But since Jack Chick is known to most gamers by his anti-D&D BS, it made him a good choice.

You're welcome.

Most gamers (and a lot of non-gamers) that I've seen tend to think his other tracts are on the silly side, too (and that's putting it mildly).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 01 Apr 2008 16:59:39
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  04:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what the heck?

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  14:36:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

what the heck?

"Chick tracts", by Jack Chick (yes, they are called that). A simple internet search should tell you all you need to know...

He's famous among gamers for his "Dark Dungeons" tract, in which he more or less asserts, through the fictional "comic strip" style story, that D&D involves witchcraft, covens, the casting of real spells, and it all causes one of the characters to commit suicide. You can read this tract online.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Apr 2008 14:37:49
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  15:53:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. RF has it right. I'd add a bit more, but I don't think I can say anything about Jack Chick without violating multiple rules of the CoC.

Suffice it to say, I don't like him. And he's got a lot of critics, including the Catholic Church itself.

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  15:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

what the heck?

"Chick tracts", by Jack Chick (yes, they are called that). A simple internet search should tell you all you need to know...

He's famous among gamers for his "Dark Dungeons" tract, in which he more or less asserts, through the fictional "comic strip" style story, that D&D involves witchcraft, covens, the casting of real spells, and it all causes one of the characters to commit suicide. You can read this tract online.

Yes, sadly it does. All humor aside, I dislike Jack Chick because he gives Christians a bad name among gamers. However, the whole D&D is from the Devil and causes kids to commit suicide and murder thing was started by Patricia Pulling. My parents believed it. It was not until college that I began playing RPGs. Then I had to prove to my Christian campus that RPGs are not evil so I could keep playing them. Legalism is stupid. Sorry, rant started there.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  16:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Suffice it to say, I don't like him. And he's got a lot of critics, including the Catholic Church itself.

Well, that's because he is quite vehemently anti-Catholic (he believes the Catholic Church is pagan, the anti-Christ, etc.). And yeah, I don't think I can say much more about it--his own tracts speak for themselves...

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Apr 2008 16:08:20
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  16:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM
Yes, sadly it does. All humor aside, I dislike Jack Chick because he gives Christians a bad name among gamers.

Indeed, I think it's safe to say that Chick doesn't represent mainstream Christians.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  16:54:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now, having inadvertently engineered a thread-jack (), I think I should point people back at the original topic.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  16:56:32  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes original topic in mind....a powerfull opponent is one who can do Ability Damage every round.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000