Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Fantasy Art
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  03:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am presently training as a concept artist and hoping to become a proffessional in the far off future. Anyone needing concept art or PC portraits done can get them totally free. It will be good for practice.Just send me a request. I can be found at http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/ ,or our beloved keep, of course.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir
aka Goldendwarf (on deviantart)

Wander ye all to my humble gallery of art of the Realms, Ye'll find it right next to the Sly Wink Alehouse in Sumberton. Or at this page: http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  07:07:01  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Fhaorn,

If you have time for one more, here is my request:

Rock Gnome Bard/LyricThaumaturge/ShadowAdept/ShadowcraftMage with Shadow Magic feat

I had a nice, long description somewhere, but I seem to have lost it... oh! there it is: :D

Rondell Rivvenstone
rock gnome, male, bard 6 / lyric thaumaturge 3 (Complete Arcane) / shadow adept 1 (Player's Guide to Faerun) / Shadowcraft Mage (Races of Stone), Chaotic Neutral, bleached blond hair, a bit like the gnome bard from the PHB, with similar beard/goatie, blue eyes, 3'2", 42 lbs., young adult (gnome age 64), similar shade of skin as PHB bard, but slightly more tanned, mithral shirt +1, mithral buckler +1, dark adventurer's clothing, with cloak showing (somewhere) the holy symbol of Baravar Cloakshadow (sewn), chain pendant with Holy Symbol of Baravar Cloakshadow, his Patron; carries a cithern (lute) at all times and seems to have a whip-dagger at his belt.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  10:36:06  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fhaorn,

Thanks much for the offer. I hereby humbly request a character portrait. ^_^
Rather than clutter up the board, I've sent you a private message with the details.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  15:38:52  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for the requests. I will try to get them done within the next week.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Wander ye all to my humble gallery of art of the Realms, Ye'll find it right next to the Sly Wink Alehouse in Sumberton. Or at this page: http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  15:40:58  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and quick question for both of you and all others to post here.
Can you please include if you want your picture colored or not. (It may take a little bit longer colored.):)

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  16:17:46  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is one that would be nice (in colour)

With a floating city of Netheril in the background, on the land below that appears to be decaying (due to the Phaerimm), a young-looking Netherese Arcanist with a light brown goatee, mid-length brown hair, wearing a wizard's robe (with the hood on), holding a staff that has a "cosmic" appearance of power. The wizard is of a caring nature (NG alignment) so he seems disturbed by the decaying land. His robes would be a dark blue of sorts, but not plain by having some kind of design, showing that he has some power. This Arcanist is from Anauria (the floating city that fell, which would be the one in the background years before this happened) and so he is different from the other Arcanists in that he respects Mystryl and the Art. Wearing a belt with a spell component pouch would be a nice addition also. Any other details needed, let me know. This would be great. Thanks!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023

Edited by - Alisttair on 14 Feb 2008 17:05:22
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  22:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fhaorn quessir

Can you please include if you want your picture colored or not. (It may take a little bit longer colored.):)

Since you said you're doing it for practice, I'm fine either way; do what you'd like to practice. If you absolutely need a decision, color I suppose?

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  23:36:10  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the requests. I will get onto them ASAP, but there may be some delay, so I hope theres no deadlines :). If you want art in color it will be done in artist's color pencils, the best possible quality I can come out with using them will be similar to
http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/art/Desmodu-76877961 . I will be doing all of them in color if I can since I would like to practice in it more.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

HunterOfStorms
Acolyte

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  03:45:37  Show Profile  Visit HunterOfStorms's Homepage Send HunterOfStorms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fhaorn, you've got some real potential showing in your gallery. I really liked the Mythal Illwynir drawing.

How about this as a scene?: (Wide view and close up)
A tall, regal, supernaturally handsome elf (tolkienesque elflord, not cutesie fairie or manga way too much of this on deviantart) flying a falcon against a backdrop of majestic forest.

Your choice of flowing regal garments or ornate plate armour. With sheathed longsword.

If colouring (I'd actually be interested in seeing a black and white, and a colour version), then please use this FR Moon elven description - Tall and slender, with piercing blue, silver-flecked eyes regarding the observer from an almost ethereally handsome face, his long silver hair is adorned with multiple tight braids interwoven with decorative beads and feathers framing an expression of gentle humour.

cheers,
Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  16:25:52  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, thanks for the offer--I'll try to think of a character I would like you to paint.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  01:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dearly sorry milady, I am not skilled in the art of painting, but I am experiencing with colored pencils to back up my strictly B&W drawings. I would very much love to hear your request though. Of course, such learned ones as you understand it will take a lengthly time for a humble artist such as myself to complete all of these, and must go in order from the first post.

Regards to all,
Fhaorn'quessir

P.S. Dear HunterOfStorms,

Thank you for observing my humble corner of the deviant world,
and I would assure you that never in my life will I stoop as low as to draw a ...(it's hard to say this word) manga styled piece of work. I am strictly traditional and do not even include that japanese anime/manga in the cateogory of the word "art". You should read my most recent journal on Deviantart. And yes I will eventually try out that idea you gave me. A question though, do you want him flying over the forest,or through the forest?

Edited by - Fhaorn quessir on 16 Feb 2008 01:07:36
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  04:53:49  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

B&W would be great Fhaorn, thanks! (especially since most of my character's cloths are black anyways... )
Go to Top of Page

HunterOfStorms
Acolyte

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  05:36:45  Show Profile  Visit HunterOfStorms's Homepage Send HunterOfStorms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
P.S. Dear HunterOfStorms,

Thank you for observing my humble corner of the deviant world,
and I would assure you that never in my life will I stoop as low as to draw a ...(it's hard to say this word) manga styled piece of work. I am strictly traditional and do not even include that japanese anime/manga in the cateogory of the word "art". You should read my most recent journal on Deviantart. And yes I will eventually try out that idea you gave me. A question though, do you want him flying over the forest,or through the forest?

Fhaorn,
Thanks for considering the project.
Heheh, my manga comment was a bit tongue in cheek - I did read the journal entry, and I'm confident that you would execute such a scene in a much more textured way. I'm not an anime fan either. As for the falcon, I hadn't really thought about where it should fly - whether just launched/returning to the elflord's wrist or in mid flight above the forest or between the trees. Surprise us with whatever seems to give the better composition within the scene.

cheers,
Hunter
Go to Top of Page

shandiris
Seeker

61 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  14:41:20  Show Profile Send shandiris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to second Alisttair's request since I'd would love to see a netherese floating city.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  17:44:15  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am now starting on the first piece, due to the weekend arriving:). If you want them quicker I can do them all in B&W, or I can get them done one by one in color. I am hoping to get the ones requested in color, done in color. As long as nobody minds that the B&W will be done fist :).

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  21:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Purple Dragon Knight,

I have completed the drawing of the gnome you requested.
I sketched it with my ink pens. If there are any problems tell me and I will correct them digitally. One thing may be that the symbol of Baravar Cloakshadow is hidden by the lute on his back, and I tryed to show the amulet, but could not fit the symbol so it would show on that either. Instead I stitched it onto his sash, and put it on his buckler. It also might be too dark for your liking, but Ill let you decide. Here it is :) http://goldendwarf.deviantart.com/art/Rondell-Rivvenstone-77566109

You'll need to zoom in by clicking on the image, then copy and paste it to wordpad.

Don't worry all Im working on the others :)
Regards,
Goldendwarf

Edited by - Fhaorn quessir on 16 Feb 2008 21:47:28
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  21:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mistake, Goldendwarf is my deviantart ID.

Regards,
*Fhaorn'quessir*

Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  00:45:30  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not half bad. You've got a good eye for the accessories.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  02:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzalum

Thank you ; Is there anything you would be interested to see manifested in picture form? If so, I will try to create it to my best efforts.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  04:37:02  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A thousand thanks Fhaorn!

This is marvelous! you seemed to have captured the essence of Rondell... his smirk... his sarcastic self-deprecating rebuttals that are in fact veiled promises of future vengeance. His constant joking around that makes everyone think he's a harmless clown until he cons the party fighter-bully into putting on the Scarab of Death...

"Who's laughing now, you fat, son of a bitch bastard!"

He he he... this is my first Chaotic Neutral PC, so playing a character with a dark side has been interesting. I'm afraid I shocked my DM a few times... playing an evil PC is kind of simple, as the DM and other players come to accept that you're a despicable, bloodthirsty moron or somekind of mastermind evil genius. Chaotic Neutral, not so much... the character I play is 95% like everyone else on the street, except that he has a bit of a mouth against authority figures, but other than that, he likes women, fine drinks, gourmet cuisine, and excels at his craft (music and magic, and especially the blending of the two in dark, disarming, haunting make-a-woman-melt-for-you songs...) His constant humor makes him a more bearable companion than a human counterpart who would care for nothing except his "masterpieces of music," and once taken into a group of companions that have proven to him that they hold him and his safety in high regard, he will be loyal to the death.

Only... 5% of the time... he steps up to the bound prisoner... even if the prisoner has wings and claims to be from the "upper planes" and... there: he gently slips on the Neck of Strangulation, and steps away from the rest of the horrified party, who are now running to the sides of the celestial shouting "What did you do?", "We were only supposed to question him," and "You're a monster!"
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  09:00:34  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha ha. I am glad I could bring this wonderful character to life. I have never played a character with a darkside (other than all my NPC villains, of course). It sounds like alot of fun. I may want to include a bard like yours in my campaign as an NPC, with your permission :) I love the way you mixed a bard with a shadow weave user, creating the interesting concept of a bard playing a sinister note, accompanied with dark magic. It reminds me of the Bae'queshel magic taught to certain drow females, a dark music in praise to Lolth. Very intriuging, I look forward to more ideas from you, my sinister friend.

Regards,
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  23:11:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dearly sorry milady, I am not skilled in the art of painting, but I am experiencing with colored pencils to back up my strictly B&W drawings. I would very much love to hear your request though. Of course, such learned ones as you understand it will take a lengthly time for a humble artist such as myself to complete all of these, and must go in order from the first post.

Regards to all,
Fhaorn'quessir

All right, understood, on all points. I'll be back with a request.

By the way, your art is wonderful!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 17 Feb 2008 23:31:59
Go to Top of Page

Ozzalum
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  23:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Ozzalum's Homepage Send Ozzalum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozzalum

Thank you ; Is there anything you would be interested to see manifested in picture form? If so, I will try to create it to my best efforts.

That's OK. I'm self sufficient in the character sketch department. Again, congrats on the super positive response from the guy that really matters, the Player.
Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2008 :  01:16:13  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your compliments and support. I have no regrets that I chose to become a member of this wonderful library of boundless knowledge. So much helpful information for a struggling DM like myself ; and, as I've found, ideas for art to help keep me going when I cant think of what to draw.

Long live Candlekeep!
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  00:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deepest apologies for the wait everyone. I have been attacked by a novel study and various socials projects. Still working on yours Davoit.

Back to work for me!

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  13:26:13  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Fhaorn...hopefully not too late, but if you are colouring mine in, could you make the wizard robe a lighter blue maybe, and the hood down instead of worn (but in a way that we know there is a hood) so we see his hair (if too late, no worries)....thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Fhaorn quessir
Seeker

Canada
52 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  00:23:16  Show Profile  Visit Fhaorn quessir's Homepage Send Fhaorn quessir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nay it is not too late. I have not started yours yet, I am still in the process of creating Daviot's. It is awful so far. I really do not have the right tools to color (at least while still making the drawing look presentable) I will still make your Netherese fellow colored if you wish; but I warn you, it may become a sacrifice of quality for color.

Apologies for the delay,
Fhaorn'quessir

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  11:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can skip the colour then if itll be better :)

Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  04:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok i have a good idea for ya ok?since i actually know u id also like a purple dragon knight riding a large silver dragon fighting off bane.no colour if u please.

Two little goblins,out in the sun.Down came a griffin,and then there was one.
Go to Top of Page

Altai la Ibn-Ahad
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  04:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Altai la Ibn-Ahad's Homepage Send Altai la Ibn-Ahad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh ya sorry i didnt give u enough detail there cuz iw as reading ur other posts.hehe...but uh the dragon should have some armour around the head and the torso and da wings.the knight id say should have a long spear with a major enchantment and some ruins if thats k.armour deatils a face concealing helm with small spines out lining the brows the full plate should have a dragon on it if not a symbol of soem sorta god my personal favorite talos(not really but wtf lol)and thats about all the detail i can think of at this moment.off topic but ill be in a hotel pretty soon because of water damage since december remember those heavy rainfalls?itll be at the best western i might be closer to u or farther..do which ever drawing first the t'kel or the PDK ur pick.

Two little goblins,out in the sun.Down came a griffin,and then there was one.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2008 :  04:20:18  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fhaorn,

For a player in my campaign, if you please!

Character Name: Alexi Moon

Appearance:

Alexi, is tall and lean figure. His hair is short, and spiked, his hair is reddish, with blond streaks giving the appearance of flame, and his eyes an intense hazel bordering on gold. He sports a beard and mustache that are angular and tidily groomed. When armed for battle he appears in a crisp white patten leather armor, the armor has red, rose, and gold piping and accents, and the Morninglord's emblem upon his heart. This is in fact a magical appearance, while Alexi in fact owns, and carries with him a non-magical set of leather armor which does look like this, his actual battle armor has been glamored. When not glamored his armor is made of glass steel that as been augmented with rose, orange and red pigments to appear as translucent stained glass fire. It also bears Lathander's mark over Alexi's heart, upon his pauldrons, and his bracers. Slung over his shoulder is a bandoleer made of match white patten leather, with red piping, and about his waist is slung a matching potion belt, from which hangs Dawnstar. From his back hangs his shield, a brilliant ruby tinted glassteel shield, and a scroll case and instrument case which match his armor. All of his equipment is kept in the best of repair, and fastidiously tidy. Alexi cuts a stern and imposing figure, and his intensity and ferocity are palpable, but likewise he brings that same intensity to his performance and jovialness, and his smile melts the hearts of maidens and queens.

In combat, Alexi often rides astride his steed Daybreak. Daybreak, is a magical Stone Horse carved from ancient stone with veins of rose quartz running through out. He is carved in the shape of a Cormyrian Destrier. When empowered by the command word the veins of rose quartz illuminate with fierce red light.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000