Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 D&D and backgroun music
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Lysander
Acolyte

Greece
25 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  11:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Lord Lysander's Homepage Send Lord Lysander a Private Message  Delete Topic
Hello to all of you...
I've been a member of Candlekeep for about a year now, though my
trips to this very place were really rare.
I play D&D 5 years (since 15) and for the first time my party and me have a house to play in (until now we were playing in cafeterias)
So we have the very opportunity to listen to our own music.
I searched and searched in order to find some suitable songs, but nothing really appealed to me.
Thus once more I am here to ask your advise...

-Beware...
-Why?
-The storm gets closer...
-So?
-So beware...

Lokken
Acolyte

Czech Republic
2 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  12:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Lokken's Homepage Send Lokken a Private Message
I using music from the movies,such as Ladyhawk,Gladiator,Lord of the Rings trilogy,Conan the Barbarian and plenty of others.
But it is only my personal choice.

"To be an elf is to find your distances of time. To be an elf is to live several
shorter life spans." I have learned this to be true, but there is something more.
To be an elf is to be alive, to experience the joy of the moment within the
context of long-term desires. There must be more than distant hopes to
sustain the joy of life." By Drizzt Do´Urden -R.A.Salvatore,Two Swords - Hunter´s Blade trilogy
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  12:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message
Check out Balis Poledouris' Conan soundtracks, Dead Can Dance and Howard Shore's LOTR soundtracks.
Go to Top of Page

ianus
Acolyte

Greece
1 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  14:03:20  Show Profile  Visit ianus's Homepage Send ianus a Private Message
-greece here too- i bet many people use music from games, like Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Heroes of Might and Magic soundtracks in their adventures, excellent choice -hard to find them though :P -
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  15:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
I put together an MP3 CD with a bunch of soundtracks: Gladiator, Conan the Barbarian, First Knight, Braveheart (extended 2 CD cut), Conan the Destroyer, Dragonheart...approximate running time 8-10 hrs, it usually lasts until the gaming session is over.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  15:06:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
We already have several scrolls dealing with the topic of background music for campaigns. As such, I'll direct you to this early scroll, "Mood Music for Gaming", "Suitable Music", and another very old music scroll in the library.

I'm sealing this scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000