Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arthindol the Terraseer
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karsuses Avatar
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  04:11:57  Show Profile  Visit Karsuses Avatar's Homepage Send Karsuses Avatar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there any other information on The Terraseer or the Isstosseffifil empire or even his involvement with the Netherese anywhere other than in Lost Empires of Faerun. I would appreaciate any and all replies this information is important to my campaign.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  04:46:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See the latest FR product release "Anauroch". I note that "Arthindol" was the Terraseer's Netherese name. He has a suitably sarrukh name also. Considering I made up the former, I'll leave it to someone else to make up the latter.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 20 Jan 2008 04:47:57
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  05:35:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See Serpent Kingdoms as well. The Terraseer is also an important character in the history section of the older Netheril boxed set.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Jan 2008 05:36:09
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  06:12:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I want to know is, just what did he do for 26,000 years BEFORE Netheril rolled around?

Its not like he sat on the couch eating Doritoes and watching re-runs of Three's Company.

That would be me.

Maybe he had an Imaskari name as well?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  18:32:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The original Lords of Darkness as well for Isstosseffifil, since one of the mini adventures has info about that. I can't recall which undead entry it was though.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  18:56:19  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

The original Lords of Darkness as well for Isstosseffifil, since one of the mini adventures has info about that. I can't recall which undead entry it was though.

It was the mummy entry.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2008 :  10:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

What I want to know is, just what did he do for 26,000 years BEFORE Netheril rolled around?

Its not like he sat on the couch eating Doritoes and watching re-runs of Three's Company.

That would be me.

Maybe he had an Imaskari name as well?

My impression has been that there was a rotating "King Oreme" for thousands of years, which would explain why the Terraseer only appeared a few times in recorded history: he was sleeping for most of those 26,000 years!

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Ifthir
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  01:42:14  Show Profile  Visit Ifthir's Homepage Send Ifthir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

My impression has been that there was a rotating "King Oreme" for thousands of years, which would explain why the Terraseer only appeared a few times in recorded history: he was sleeping for most of those 26,000 years!

A shame we have not seen more details on the other sarrukh liches of Oreme. I am curious if Arthindol is the most powerful, or perhaps just the most willing to interact with other races.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  08:15:13  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

See the latest FR product release "Anauroch". I note that "Arthindol" was the Terraseer's Netherese name. He has a suitably sarrukh name also. Considering I made up the former, I'll leave it to someone else to make up the latter.

-- George Krashos

Sir Hiss?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  12:36:59  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The players in my campaign have just delved into Oreme, met the currently awake King Oreme, and gone hunting for the Terraseer because a collection of demigods and powerful outsiders told them he was a bad man. They're coming to the realisation, that that may not be true.
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  12:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't add any more references to look up for him though.

Serpent Kingdoms
LEoF
Anauroch
Netheril: Empire of Magic
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2008 :  14:14:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Sir Hiss?

Close. Page 39 of REF5 Lords of Darkness names him Hsssthak.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2008 :  06:01:07  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hsssthak and Arthindol are not the same sarrukh.

The Swordsage

Edited by - Swordsage on 08 Mar 2008 06:01:40
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  01:34:18  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this thread inspired me to finish a daydream that started a few years ago: broadening the timeline of Oreme's narcoleptic kings.

i have Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires, and i think i'm already making use of what's there.

i don't have the new Anauroch book. i also don't have REF5, and for some reason i can't even find it as a pdf download. will have to keep looking.

i don't see a reference to Oreme in Netheril: Empire of Magic, and i'm pretty sure sarrukh hadn't been introduced yet when this was published. there is some important background info on the Terraseer; basically 4 dates when he is/was awake.

so i've got a basic timeline worked up, and now i'm getting around to wondering if anyone has already done this. i've glanced through the Realmslore and Traveler's Notebook sections and i don't see any mentions of Oreme or sarrukh. just wondering if i've missed anything, before i continue putting off schoolwork in favor of undead lizards.

as an aside, if anyone wants to suggest possible sarrukh names, that'd be spiffy. i'm planning on an original crew of 85 liches, reduced to 61 over the intervening centuries. so far i have approximately *counts on fingers* 2 names. it's a real bummer that EBoN doesn't have a "Shady Sibilant Slitherer" option.
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  10:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had about 53 or 63 (I forget right now) Lich Kings of Oreme, with the Terraseer being but one of them. A rogue Lich King who the others think of as a race-traitor due to his long absence from Oreme, and his apparent interest more in advancing human cultures than the more slithery, serpenty ones.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000