Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Arthindol the Terraseer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Karsuses Avatar Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 04:11:57
Is there any other information on The Terraseer or the Isstosseffifil empire or even his involvement with the Netherese anywhere other than in Lost Empires of Faerun. I would appreaciate any and all replies this information is important to my campaign.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Na-Gang Posted - 10 Mar 2008 : 10:54:28
I had about 53 or 63 (I forget right now) Lich Kings of Oreme, with the Terraseer being but one of them. A rogue Lich King who the others think of as a race-traitor due to his long absence from Oreme, and his apparent interest more in advancing human cultures than the more slithery, serpenty ones.
xaeyruudh Posted - 10 Mar 2008 : 01:34:18
this thread inspired me to finish a daydream that started a few years ago: broadening the timeline of Oreme's narcoleptic kings.

i have Serpent Kingdoms and Lost Empires, and i think i'm already making use of what's there.

i don't have the new Anauroch book. i also don't have REF5, and for some reason i can't even find it as a pdf download. will have to keep looking.

i don't see a reference to Oreme in Netheril: Empire of Magic, and i'm pretty sure sarrukh hadn't been introduced yet when this was published. there is some important background info on the Terraseer; basically 4 dates when he is/was awake.

so i've got a basic timeline worked up, and now i'm getting around to wondering if anyone has already done this. i've glanced through the Realmslore and Traveler's Notebook sections and i don't see any mentions of Oreme or sarrukh. just wondering if i've missed anything, before i continue putting off schoolwork in favor of undead lizards.

as an aside, if anyone wants to suggest possible sarrukh names, that'd be spiffy. i'm planning on an original crew of 85 liches, reduced to 61 over the intervening centuries. so far i have approximately *counts on fingers* 2 names. it's a real bummer that EBoN doesn't have a "Shady Sibilant Slitherer" option.
Swordsage Posted - 08 Mar 2008 : 06:01:07
Hsssthak and Arthindol are not the same sarrukh.

The Swordsage
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Mar 2008 : 14:14:28
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

See the latest FR product release "Anauroch". I note that "Arthindol" was the Terraseer's Netherese name. He has a suitably sarrukh name also. Considering I made up the former, I'll leave it to someone else to make up the latter.

-- George Krashos

Sir Hiss?

Close. Page 39 of REF5 Lords of Darkness names him Hsssthak.
Na-Gang Posted - 07 Mar 2008 : 12:40:00
I can't add any more references to look up for him though.

Serpent Kingdoms
LEoF
Anauroch
Netheril: Empire of Magic
Na-Gang Posted - 07 Mar 2008 : 12:36:59
The players in my campaign have just delved into Oreme, met the currently awake King Oreme, and gone hunting for the Terraseer because a collection of demigods and powerful outsiders told them he was a bad man. They're coming to the realisation, that that may not be true.
Kajehase Posted - 07 Mar 2008 : 08:15:13
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

See the latest FR product release "Anauroch". I note that "Arthindol" was the Terraseer's Netherese name. He has a suitably sarrukh name also. Considering I made up the former, I'll leave it to someone else to make up the latter.

-- George Krashos

Sir Hiss?
Ifthir Posted - 07 Mar 2008 : 01:42:14
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

My impression has been that there was a rotating "King Oreme" for thousands of years, which would explain why the Terraseer only appeared a few times in recorded history: he was sleeping for most of those 26,000 years!

A shame we have not seen more details on the other sarrukh liches of Oreme. I am curious if Arthindol is the most powerful, or perhaps just the most willing to interact with other races.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 22 Jan 2008 : 10:56:47
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

What I want to know is, just what did he do for 26,000 years BEFORE Netheril rolled around?

Its not like he sat on the couch eating Doritoes and watching re-runs of Three's Company.

That would be me.

Maybe he had an Imaskari name as well?

My impression has been that there was a rotating "King Oreme" for thousands of years, which would explain why the Terraseer only appeared a few times in recorded history: he was sleeping for most of those 26,000 years!

KnightErrantJR Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 18:56:19
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

The original Lords of Darkness as well for Isstosseffifil, since one of the mini adventures has info about that. I can't recall which undead entry it was though.

It was the mummy entry.
Kuje Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 18:32:14
The original Lords of Darkness as well for Isstosseffifil, since one of the mini adventures has info about that. I can't recall which undead entry it was though.
Markustay Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 06:12:32
What I want to know is, just what did he do for 26,000 years BEFORE Netheril rolled around?

Its not like he sat on the couch eating Doritoes and watching re-runs of Three's Company.

That would be me.

Maybe he had an Imaskari name as well?
The Sage Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 05:35:23
See Serpent Kingdoms as well. The Terraseer is also an important character in the history section of the older Netheril boxed set.
George Krashos Posted - 20 Jan 2008 : 04:46:57

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000