Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  16:13:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

.... As for the voices in El's head, the questions you pose are very good ones, but are specifically NDA: they are what you'll have to wait until Ed's next novel (after this December's THE SWORD NEVER SLEEPS, which deals with we Knights) to get answers for.....

love,
THO

Lovely Lady,

Did you just say that Ed's next Realms novel deals with Eminster and the voices in his head?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  16:35:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Ed gave us some of Lliira's back on January 30, 2005. The others he hasn't supplied any text about.

quote:
Originally posted by Liliella

wedding ceremonies that might be held by clerics of the following deities: Lliira

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  16:49:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Liliella

...and so I was wondering if you could provide some information on wedding ceremonies that might be held by clerics of the following deities: Sune, Chauntea, Lliira and Lathander. What format do they take? Do the participants wear any special clothing? Are they held at particular times of day or night? How do wedding guests participate?
In addition to the lore from Ed that Kuje referenced above, I'll provide this little snippet from Ed's thinking on how weddings are performed in the Realms:-

"[I]t depends on the faith and the individual church. Formal marriages (i.e. with written contracts and witnesses, as opposed to a simple private ceremony followed by a party if the couple want it/can afford it) are rare among those who don’t have significant wealth or land to pass on. Some faiths assume a marriage is forever (most of these have been amended to “until death,” to prevent undead terrorizing the living by insisting on returning to the house and climbing into bed with them), but most ARE, as you speculate, based on “for as long as love lasts.” In some places and faiths, this leads to a swinging lifestyle, but in most places, the public disapproves of those who abandon spouses without good moral reason (the only difference I see between most of the Heartlands of the Realms and the prevalent real-world modern Western society view is that in the Realms, short-term or seldom-consummated affairs aren’t seen as sufficient “moral reason” to end a marriage). Spouse-beating, however, IS. One is expected to remain with a spouse, and tend them in illness or dying. (And yes, there are a fair number of caravan merchants who have wives in various cities, usually without one knowing about the others, though a few even write back and forth, or journey with the merchant from time to time, to visit each other.)

Formal marriages always have SIMPLE clauses outlining what happens to lands and goods when a union ends, and many weddings involving nobility insist on both parties formally and in writing (with priests using magic to make sure the participants aren’t being magically compelled to act in a certain way, blackmailed, or coerced by drugs or other means) ending the marriage, not just one—so spouses who hate each other can keep each other bound in marriage (unless one manages to have the other killed, a risky proceeding because in Cormyr, Sembia, Waterdeep, Silverymoon, and most other “civilized” places, the slayer of a spouse forfeits all property to the government).

Again, there are faiths (those closely tied to nature in particular) who conduct and recognize both “forever” and “short-term” marriages (usually “two summers,” “three summers” or “ten summers”), which may of course be renewed. The clergy of Siamorphe from time to time conduct “overnight” marriages, allowing one-night stands to be legal and divinely approved, but always publicly renounce this practise when angry kin complain to governing authorities . . . only to quietly resume it again, elsewhen."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Marek
Seeker

Italy
52 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  18:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Marek's Homepage Send Marek a Private Message
One more question from my community that is now madly in love with Ed

We would like to know if there are organized cults worshiping dragon deities. We know about some divine intervention of Bahamut/Xymor/Marduk in Mulhorandi but no info about any human worship of them. As far as I know the only described cult is Tiamat's.
Do you have any info concerning this subject?

p.s. a new fellow player wishes to play a cleric of a Dragon god and we're trying to figure out a way to do so. Do you have any suggestion?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  19:04:39  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
Dragons of Faerűn has some good information on the Church of Tiamat and Chessenta's Church of Tchazzar.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  20:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Re lengths and distances: the fingerwidth/finger, handwidth/hand, handspan, and pace are well-established Realms measures. Foot, yard and mile may or may not be translations or conversions of the appropriate Faerűnian terms; I’d personally tend to do without feet, generally avoid 'yard' in favour of 'pace', but keep 'mile' as it's so common in the published lore. Of course, heights are often given comparatively rather than by units: as high as four men, more than a bowshot distant, and so on.

There's much less published on units of weight and volume. I'd like to read more . . .

Edited by - Faraer on 27 Aug 2008 20:50:47
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  20:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Marek
We would like to know if there are organized cults worshiping dragon deities.
In my view, the dragon deities featured in FOR1 Draconomicon are a poor fit for the Realms and are best forgotten: the balance of evidence from "Wyrms of the North" and other sources is that dragons don't particularly worship gods of any kind, and probably view Bahamut and Tiamat as exalted/mighty peers rather than a higher class of beings.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  20:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Menelvagor

Oh! Another question I forgot. Why don't El and The Simbul marry? Why are they content to remain lovers? In fact, all the Chosen I remember (except Laeral&Khelben, and Dove) are unmarrried, even if they have (like Alustriel - 12 sons, I think, and some daughters not metioned), more than 10 children

Even Laeral and Khelben were never formally married, IIRC, even though they consider themselves to be married.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  21:08:26  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Well met, all!

Always intent on learning all there may be on the real Realms, I ask this question about the Censer of Thaumaturgy (The Magister, TSR 1988, p. 40): how many ounces of incense does it take to fill it up? Two related questions: how much incense is required for spells in which incense is used (such as divination), and what is the minimum amount of incense required to use the Censer? I have sent this interim ruling on these matters to my players as follows:
quote:
Vis-a-vis the Censer of Thaumaturgy, ... it can burn for quite a long time if "filled" with incense, AND it has a normally unavoidable lingering effect of random duration. I am going to try to find out from Ed or one of his players what exactly "filled" means. If it has never been defined, I am going to say that it is filled with twelve ounces of incense and that one spell component's worth of incense is one "stick," which equals 1 ounce, and it only keeps it lit for two and one-half to ten minutes (2 1/2 minutes times 1d4) plus 1 round of lingering effect per two ounces of incense (rounded up); I am going to use this standard until I hear otherwise from on high.

The "stick" reference comes from Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog and the "two and one-half to ten minutes" is 1/12th of the time the Censer remains lit when "filled." (Yes, I can see that a "stick" of Aurora's incense burns for about thirty minutes, but the casting time of divination has always been ten minutes, which would be a mere 1/3 of a stick of Aurora's specialty incenses if that is "one spell-component's-worth" and Aurora's type of incense is what Ed and AD&D designer David Cook both intended, which is by no means certain; if that is indeed so, then the censer may only hold about four ounces, which makes it pretty darn small and hardly the grand thing one would imagine a 12,000 gold piece item to be!)

------------

When I still have questions about twenty-year-old books, how long d'y'all think it will be before I feel the need for any of these books which Ed hasn't even been shown as a courtesy by these Hasbro people, eh?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Seainna Mistwalker
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  23:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Seainna Mistwalker's Homepage Send Seainna Mistwalker a Private Message
THO / ED

I would be interested in knowing when (post TSR contract) Ed was the happiest with outsiders "handling" (developing, progressing, ect.) the Realms? Not saying that elsewise he hasnt been happy, just asking when he was most pleased with all things being done in and with the Realms. Who would you say stands out in your mind among the many game developers you've worked with, from the TSR days to present ? Sneaking in a quick follow up, who among the other Realms writers from past to present would Ed say that he is the closest to/with ?
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:38:13  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
Wow Seainna!!! excellent question! and one that Ed can't hit us with the usual "NDA" excuse! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:41:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Ed is far too much the gentleman to answer that question.

And this has NOTHING to do with the 'Edition Wars', and everything to do with the fact that he is friends with and works with many of these people still.

And BTW, if you listen to Ed speak long enough (even by perusing these threads), you will see certain names keep coming up.

I have found in my crusty old life that you learn far more by listening to what's not being said.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Seainna Mistwalker
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  08:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Seainna Mistwalker's Homepage Send Seainna Mistwalker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Ed is far too much the gentleman to answer that question.

I see it more as a compliment of special nature, than an insult to anyone. Which I would say most see as being very gentleman-like. Theres nothing negative about forming special connections with particular people, and vocalizing/sharing that unique degree of fondness by revealing the "who's" of the persons they are attached to.

Edited by - Seainna Mistwalker on 28 Aug 2008 08:49:55
Go to Top of Page

RodOdom
Senior Scribe

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Visit RodOdom's Homepage Send RodOdom a Private Message
Dear Ed and Lady THO,

Prior to the Time of Troubles, were the Tablets of Fate completely unknown to the inhabitants of Faerun? Did any Chosen know about the tablets?

Thank you !
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  16:08:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Seainna Mistwalker

I see it more as a compliment of special nature, than an insult to anyone. Which I would say most see as being very gentleman-like. Theres nothing negative about forming special connections with particular people, and vocalizing/sharing that unique degree of fondness by revealing the "who's" of the persons they are attached to.

Lets put it this way - this is akin to be asked "who's your best friend?", in a room full of your closest friends.

By naming anyone, he would have to automatically omit someone else, which causes hard feelings, however un-intentional.

And besides, by asking for a "when", you are cornering him into stating an edition preference, which would be rather un-politic for him to do, especially if it was anything prior to 4e.

I could tick off my favorite FR designers on one hand, and I'm sure so could ED, but I get the impression that he doesn't like to place people in categories that way.

Just my take, but we can all wait until Ed/THO officially responds.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Aug 2008 16:10:03
Go to Top of Page

Tormtar
Acolyte

20 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  19:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Tormtar's Homepage Send Tormtar a Private Message
Dear Lady THO. I wonder if Ed could shed a little more light on the Harper and Unicorn breeder Aluena Halacanter from Boareskyr Bridge? Specifically, where does she obtain her unicorns and what would be her reactions to the founding of a town/city/small realm centred on Boareskyr Bridge as per her friends, Barim Stagwinter and Theskul Mirroreye, wishes c. 1360-1370s?

Also, are there any widely used names for common animals (i.e. coney for rabbit as used, I think, by Bob Salvatore or corbie for crow from my own northern England region)? I'm thinking of within the Heartlands.

Loved the stories of Ed's many acts of kindness over the years at various GenCon's. Really brings home just what a nice, naturally kind, creator of worlds we have the pleasure of pestering with our lore queries
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  08:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Aluena breeds pegasi. I don't think that unicorns would consent to being "bred" by a human. Serpent Kingdoms lists her as Neutral, Wizard 9/Harper Mage 3 and associates her with Serpent's Cowl not with Boareskyr Bridge, as she had been in previous materials. I think Ed answered a question of mine about her a couple of years ago, possibly in connection with his answer about Atad "Yelloweyes." Download the Ed Answers archives and run a search on them to find anything Ed may have said in the past.

Edited by - Jamallo Kreen on 29 Aug 2008 08:45:39
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  13:22:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Aluena breeds pegasi. I don't think that unicorns would consent to being "bred" by a human. Serpent Kingdoms lists her as Neutral, Wizard 9/Harper Mage 3 and associates her with Serpent's Cowl not with Boareskyr Bridge, as she had been in previous materials. I think Ed answered a question of mine about her a couple of years ago, possibly in connection with his answer about Atad "Yelloweyes." Download the Ed Answers archives and run a search on them to find anything Ed may have said in the past.

My files aren't as complete as Sage's, but I didn't find any queries about Aluena. She was mentioned in a question about Atad "Yelloweyes", but only in the question.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  14:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Lady THO and Ed,
I have a relatively small, simple question this time. Long ago Ed established "everbright" and another enchantment (name escapes me at the moment; Wooly? Sage? Kuje? anyone? is it "blueshine," or am I misremembering completely) that many magical swords were treated with, to keep them not-rusty, sharp, etc.
My question is: did the collapse of the Weave have any general effects on these enchantments, or rather on existing swords bearing them? Would these spells/processes still be in use in the Realms post the Year of the Ageless One, and if so, do they now have different effects than they did before?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  14:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Ed and lovely Lady THO,
Can Ed tell us more about this Gontal place, that was outlined on the WotC website? It sounds intriguing, but not in the depth I've come to love from Ed, and I was kinda hoping . ....[hint hint]
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  14:50:56  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

Dear Lady THO and Ed,
I have a relatively small, simple question this time. Long ago Ed established "everbright" and another enchantment "blueshine,"
My question is: did the collapse of the Weave have any general effects on these enchantments, or rather on existing swords bearing them?

Malcolm, both treatments are achemical and part of the crafting process rather than magical so I see no reason why the collapse of the Weave would affect them. As to whether the knowledge and skills to perform the processes still exist post Spellplague then whatever best suits your game seems the sensible choice?

To quote from Volo's Guide to All Things Magical which is a free download available on the WoTC site

Metals treated with everbright gain an enduring bright shine (akin to chromium) and become immune to tarnishing and other discoloration, acidic corrosion, and rusting, even that caused by rust monster antennae. The passage of time does not affect the efficacy of everbright protection, but it can be broken if a protected item is shattered into more than three pieces or comes into contact with lava, dragon fire, spellfire, or the heat of a forge hotter than that used in the latter stages of the everbright application.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 29 Aug 2008 14:59:36
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  14:53:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

My files aren't as complete as Sage's, but I didn't find any queries about Aluena. She was mentioned in a question about Atad "Yelloweyes", but only in the question.

My files contain all of Ed's replies from Candlekeep, up to the beginning of this week. And aside from the reference Wooly notes above [11 June 07], I can find no further info on Aluena in Ed's past replies.

I will point out that Aluena is also briefly mentioned in the Old Grey Box, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast and Elminster's Ecologies Appendix II. And she receives significant coverage in the Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  21:40:23  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Thanks very much, Damian. For some reason I was remembering them as Weave-based magical. So . . . hmmm . . .
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  22:15:15  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
Sage, since your compiled answers are so complete, would you be willing and able to update the compiled answers in the archives? As far as I can see, they stop after the first quarter of 2007. I was planning to undertake that task today (someone having explained to me that my computer's operating system has the built-in ability to create pdfs), but I don't want to duplicate work that someone else has done.

This is what Elminster's Ecologies, Appendix II has to say about Aluena (page 29, in the Boareskyr Bridge entry under "Serpent Hills" -- above the Serpent's Cowl section):
quote:
Upstream a short distance from the bridge is Heartwing, the private estate of Aluena Halacanter, a mage who raises pegasi. She confided to me that her original pegasi eggs were a clutch she rescued from the heights of the Serpent Hills years ago. So, though wild pegasi are extremely rare in the hills (because predatory reptiles raid the creatures#146; nests), pegasi thrive at Heartwing.

I looked in The Player's Guide to Faerun and couldn't find anything about her (it's called an INDEX, WotC, an index!). Is she listed in one of the new abominations (which would make her something like 140 years old)? Does she have tentacles and pseudopods, or is she one one of those "special" high-powered wizards who don't "unbalance" the game the way that PC wizards did?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  01:42:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Sage, since your compiled answers are so complete, would you be willing and able to update the compiled answers in the archives? As far as I can see, they stop after the first quarter of 2007. I was planning to undertake that task today (someone having explained to me that my computer's operating system has the built-in ability to create pdfs), but I don't want to duplicate work that someone else has done.
Are you referring to the "So Saith Ed" archives? If so, Kuje finished up the '07 files and Alaundo's stored them on the main site. I've also compiled the first quarter of '08 which Alaundo has only recently stored in the archive during the last site update.
quote:
I looked in The Player's Guide to Faerun and couldn't find anything about her (it's called an INDEX, WotC, an index!). Is she listed in one of the new abominations (which would make her something like 140 years old)? Does she have tentacles and pseudopods, or is she one one of those "special" high-powered wizards who don't "unbalance" the game the way that PC wizards did?
Heh. Note, that I did say Player's Guide to the Forgotten Realms, a 2e resource.

Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  15:45:04  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,
Another question from the Tireless Questor: there has been much talk here and elsewhere about the new FRCS and its lack of depth compared to the approach used in the "core " FR books of previous editions. I personally hold the view that if you design a vast and detailed world, no "core" book that's economically viable can ever be long enough to hold all the lore you need it to, and I suspect both of you would agree with that, but (if this isn't too impolitic to ask at this time), IF Ed were running Wizards right now, but had to produce a new line of FR books with the same time jump and Spellplague, what products would he propose? Would we see Volo's Guides equivalents? Regional sourcebooks? ?
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  17:50:37  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
I would like to ask Ed and Lady Hooded if there is a word in any Realmsian language that is the equivalent of safari?
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  18:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
"Safari" as it's used in English, meaning "expedition to hunt big game," you mean?
I once used it that way in a school essay and got rather coldly corrected by my (black African) teacher at the time, who said the word has different "original" meanings in some African languages (it apparently got borrowed over time, and ended up in several languages).
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2008 :  22:59:39  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry I should have made it clearer
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2008 :  08:32:04  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message
From the Online Etymological Dictionary: "safari -- 1890 (attested from 1860 as a foreign word), from Swahili, lit. "journey, expedition," from Arabic, lit. "referring to a journey," from safar "journey" (which is attested in Eng. as a foreign word from 1858)." The word is Arabic (Swahili is a dialect of Arabic), and is only "African" to the extent that Arab traders (and slavers) used it to communicate with locals in East Africa.

I'm "on" Africa this week because I have seen Hasbro's preview of its Chult chapter from their new Forgotten Realms {sic} Campaign Guide. Having seen that, I despair for the future of the Forgotten Realms, and sincerely hope that Ed uses that chapter as justification to withdraw his endorsement of Hasbro's Realms.New.Coke. *sigh*

Apropos of Ed's Answers, I would like to verify that I have everything that is supposed to be there: the 2007 Index "doc" file has the index for January through June, and the 2007 Index "pdf" covers January through March, and there's not yet a 2008 index, right?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000