Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2008)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 86

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  18:57:20  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
Sorry, Sage. I couldn't think of another way to say it.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

Jeiroth
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  19:29:53  Show Profile Send Jeiroth a Private Message
Sweet water and light laughter.

After diligently perusing my library I was wondering if you had any insight into the Family Crest or Symbol used by the ancient elven family Vyshaan *looks around cautiously* and Irythil.

I have a campaign focusing around those pesky elves, elven ruins, and some ancient artifacts of both families. I would like ot know what the family crests would look like so that I may better describe the features of the families.

I thank you for your time, but now I must go digest this mutinous mutton stew my wife prepared for me.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  20:26:09  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
back when nwn(bioware game) came out, i created a longsword and named it starfury.

my question for ED is, whats the elven translation for starfury.
its my elven ranger's weapon of choice, so i figured it would sound better in elven.

oh and thanks for the good times reading silverfall and elminsters daughter they were good.
now only if i can finish the annotated ELminster.( and the high kings tomb) hate it when i have multiple books being read at once.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  02:01:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GoCeraf

Sorry, Sage. I couldn't think of another way to say it.

No worries. I know how easy it is to get caught up in what you're posting.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
Ed has been quiet this last day or so because he's doing taxes and two novel galley-proofings (not to mention some novels he's supposed to finish!!!), but he found time to send this brief Realmslore reply to AlorinDawn:

Loxo music is slow and deep, with "rolling" drums (think Led Zeppelin, Bonham's cave-echo drumming on D'Yer Maker) behind a low, liquid bassoon or low-register oboe melodic line. Always SLOW. Loxo who can prevail upon elves or humans who have "ghost pipes" or similar spells that can produce ongoing, sustained notes love to hear music that sounds like real-world, Hollywood, "deep menace/approaching storm" melody lines.

So saith Ed. Hope this is of help,
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  07:19:09  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Just back from the festhall!

Ed, what's the relationship between the new level maps in Expedition to Undermountain and your originals?
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  10:09:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
i have another question, a cormyran question....

with the onset of 4e, and its rather dumb ring rules, what will the fate be of the Cormyran commander and the purple dragon rings?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit

Edited by - sfdragon on 13 Apr 2008 10:09:53
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  15:39:43  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
Dumb Ring Rules? What happened to rings?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  16:00:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. I bring this brief Realmslore response from Ed, to Faraer's query: "Ed, what's the relationship between the new level maps in Expedition to Undermountain and your originals?"
Ed replies:

The level maps in the book are tiny, slightly modified snippets of my originals for the upper levels, and new creations for most of the lower levels. My map notes for The Yawning Portal unfortunately got ignored or lost for some reason (yes, I did provide map originals for my bits, as did the other designers, but I stress that they were "for my bits," rather than an attempt to print the very extensive original maps; what did see print had to fit the too-restrictive encounter format that I sure hope is going away as we move into 4e). So they're "fragmentary echoes" of my originals, plus (deeper down) new creations. We of course simply passed over the thirteen or so fully-mapped sublevels, sixteen partly-mapped sublevels, and so on.

So saith Ed. Who is still busy busy busy on gaming fiction and game lore for us all!!
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 13 Apr 2008 16:02:28
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  19:01:20  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
oh the dumb ring rules.
cant use rings until after lvl 10 and cant use the second ring until after lvl 20

dumb the 9 rings for the race of man, 7 for the dwarflords, and the 3 elf rings were lesser artifacts, the one ring of doom was a soul infused greater artifcat, those rings were but a ring of protection is not an artifact.

i reiterate : what will become the fate of those two rings commander and purple dragon knight?

and whats the elven translation for star furry?

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2008 :  23:27:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

I found a scroll floating around the corridors. It appears to be for the attention of Ed

quote:
Originally posted by Seahen

I can only hope that the exalted man whom I seek, the creator of the Realms known to me as Ed Greenwood, shall read this prayer. If you are he:

My mother and I are admirers and devotees of your work; I have lived for several years in your reputed birthplace of North York. We are to embark on a long journey this Thursday afternoon or Friday that will take us near your sanctuary in Cobourg and the hall of tomes in Port Hope where you work. Might we be able to meet you to briefly discuss your work, and have you inscribe your exalted name in some tomes of your authorship? Our thanks in advance.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  01:20:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Thank you, Alaundo.
I wish I (purrrr) saw more of you. Perhaps (bats eyelashes) if I'm bad? Very very bad? I hear tell you have an ermm, staff that is occasionally used in ahem, discipline . . .
(purrs again, sashays)

I hope Seahen sees this, or it can be conveyed to him:
If by this Thursday or Friday you mean April the 17th or 18th, Ed will be rushing about doing errands (medical and dental visits, car tuneup, banking, library board work) on the 17th. On the morning of the 18th, between 10 am and 1 pm, he will be manning the circulation desk at the Port Hope Public Library (situated on Queen Street in downtown Port Hope, in a park with its back to the Ganaraska River, just north of the two railway trestles), but he must dash away promptly at 1 pm to rush some 30 miles, pick up a family member, and drive said family member some 400 miles to visit OTHER family for the weekend. Ed must of course check books in and out, register patrons for library cards, answer phones, and all the usual library work they're paying him to do, but he'd certainly be happy to see you, shake hands, sign things, and chat very briefly, if you do appear during that brief window.
Good gaming always!

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  04:51:19  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Thank you, Alaundo.
I wish I (purrrr) saw more of you. Perhaps (bats eyelashes) if I'm bad? Very very bad? I hear tell you have an ermm, staff that is occasionally used in ahem, discipline . . .
(purrs again, sashays)

I hope Seahen sees this, or it can be conveyed to him:
If by this Thursday or Friday you mean April the 17th or 18th, Ed will be rushing about doing errands (medical and dental visits, car tuneup, banking, library board work) on the 17th. On the morning of the 18th, between 10 am and 1 pm, he will be manning the circulation desk at the Port Hope Public Library (situated on Queen Street in downtown Port Hope, in a park with its back to the Ganaraska River, just north of the two railway trestles), but he must dash away promptly at 1 pm to rush some 30 miles, pick up a family member, and drive said family member some 400 miles to visit OTHER family for the weekend. Ed must of course check books in and out, register patrons for library cards, answer phones, and all the usual library work they're paying him to do, but he'd certainly be happy to see you, shake hands, sign things, and chat very briefly, if you do appear during that brief window.
Good gaming always!

love,
THO

I've an observation to make, if I may.

Thanks to the travails of the internet or, as the subject of my speculation might say, the "intraweb," certain words that have previously been adjectives have been adopted as nouns. Awesome comes to mind, being one of the most prevalent among these words.

I've simply come to the realization, THO, that you can be the subject of the adjetival form, and synonymous with the noun-centric form. Apparently, the web smiles on you.

All the best.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  07:55:48  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
Good morning. It seems like I will have to add to Eds workload again. This time it is a question from the earliest days of the Realms that has been bothering me for some time.

In Dragon magazine nr 54 Ed presented the gods of Faerun for the first time to the readers. In addition to the gods that became standard parts of the Realms there were also a number of beastcults that to my knowledge never were mentioned again.

I wondered if Ed (or the Lady herself) could shed some light on these, their role in Eds Realms and some specific details on each if possible.

The cults only mentioned in the Dragon magazine are:
BESPARR --- Lord of Horses
CAMAZOTZ --- Lord of Bats
FILEET --- Lady of the Birds
HAAASHASTAAK--- Master of All Lizardkind
HLYYAAK --- King of Camels
MEERCLAR --- Mistress of Catkind
NNUUURRRR’C’C King With Wings Master of the Insect Swarm
NURU-AH --- Master of Cattle
PYARAY Whisperer of Lord of the Ocean Abysses,
Impossible Secrets Creatures of the Deep
REPRA --- King of Serpents
ROOFDRAK --- Master of All Dogs
SNEEL The Great Rat Lord of Rats

Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  15:10:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. THANK you, GoCeraf (dimples). Your sweet fondness is appreciated and returned.
Jorkens, your request goes off to Ed, but from play in the 'home' Realms campaign, I can say that the beast cults are just that: cults. Worshipped in secret, in modest cellar shrines or back room impromptu ceremonies, often centered around a 'totem' piece or relic of the animal in question (a horn, a claw, a fang, a tentacle preserved in a sealed glass jar full of oil). Members work together like a trade cabal or secret society, helping each other in daily business troubles (discounts to fellow members, rushing to be bodyguard aid if a fellow cultist is attacked by rivals, etc.), and usually carry a tiny recognition token (carved bat wing or horse hoof or whatever) to show to fellow cultists they don't know personally.
What we Knights discovered was that some of the larger, more powerful, and wealthy cults (in larger cities) had been covertly taken over by beholders (working through the minds of cult leaders), either for their own benefit or to extend the reach of the Zhentarim.
So cults, and clashing rival cults with PCs caught in the middle, are great foes and "background action movers" for low-level PCs. In short, so far as I know, the beast cults are still flourishing (albeit with very low profiles, so some non-members might think otherwise).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  22:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Another question for Ed's endlessly-growing pile of Realmslore queries from we scribes...
Ed, does the water taste foul in most Faerunian cities? If so, are people just used to it, or do they flavor the water with various things? (I seem to recall Volo mentioning lime water, rose water, and various "throatslakes" done for culinary taste reasons.)
If so, are any of these flavorings sufficient to cover the tastes of poisons, snake venoms, acids, sleep potions, and so on? BTW: I know how various editions of the game rules run, regarding mixing things with potions and poisons, but I'm interested in your DMing "take" on such situations...not so much rules reinterpretations, but the habits of people in the Realms regarding flavorings.
Thanks!

Edited by - Broken Helm on 14 Apr 2008 23:00:59
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  23:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Had to work on my taxes today, and it made me think: how are taxes collected in Cormyr? Is Suzail any different than, say, Eveningstar? Are Arabel and Marsember "different" for tax collection because of their historical hostility to the Dragon Throne's rule?
What sort of Crown records are kept, and who has access to them?
Thanks!
BB

Edited by - Blueblade on 14 Apr 2008 23:12:39
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2008 :  23:36:37  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hmmm. I recall we Knights once meeting a travelling tax collector (in the 'home' Realms campaign, with Ed as our DM). He had some undercover War Wizards watching him, not to oversee his honesty but to see who avoided him, robbed him, deceived him, and tried to get a look at his ledger. Which had some War Wizard spells cast on it, to "seal" it and wizard mark anyone who tampered with it excvept War Wizards, the collector, and his superiors who knew a secret sigil to trace.
Off this goes to Ed . . .
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 14 Apr 2008 23:39:51
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  09:23:46  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
i have a question

who was andrio? as in andrio's gate

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  15:48:33  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
Ed & THO,

Any chance you can share, after all these years why Ildur Arntar of The Night Hunt Inn near Loudwater lost his ranger powers?

Thanks

Edited by - AlorinDawn on 15 Apr 2008 15:49:56
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  15:57:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all!
I have an urgent update message for Seahen! I hope every scribe can help get this to him!

The library has rescheduled its hours, so I'm afraid Ed won't be at the Port Hope Public Library at all on either Thursday or Friday!
I want to save you the disappointment of a wasted trip or side-trip, and I hope you can somehow link up with Ed at some other time. Ed tells me a very nice lady who is definitely not him will be standing behind the desk instead on the Friday morning, whilst he is doggedly motoring around most of southern Ontario. Sorry!

love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  16:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
AlorinDawn, where is this lore (the ranger who lost his powers, the Night Hunt Inn, etc.) from? I'm away from my gaming stuff right now, this sounds fascinating, and I can't remember ever reading or hearing about it before.
?
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  16:32:53  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

AlorinDawn, where is this lore (the ranger who lost his powers, the Night Hunt Inn, etc.) from? I'm away from my gaming stuff right now, this sounds fascinating, and I can't remember ever reading or hearing about it before.
?

Either Volo's Guide to the North or The North Boxed Set. The skinny is he is a 16th or so level fighter that used to be a ranger who had lost his powers and won't talk about why. He, his family, and his old adventuring compainions all live in the Night Hunt Inn about a day and half from Loudwater. This is all from memory, so don't flay me if I've made an error =)
Go to Top of Page

BlackMoria
Acolyte

Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  17:16:32  Show Profile  Visit BlackMoria's Homepage Send BlackMoria a Private Message
Some questions for the esteemed Ed.

Lately, I have been planning a campaign in the Narfell region and look for inspiration in the region's past.

Narfell and Raumathar were mighty empires which destroyed each other. Given the fact that Narfell is peopled by barbarian tribes and not numerous (about 30,000 for the entire region) at the present, some 1300+ years after the war, what was the general nature of the war between the two nations? What forces (political, religious, philosphical)prompted both sides to go at each other with a fury that both nations destroyed each other?

Was it a genocidal conflict (in that both sides literally tried to destroy each others populations rather than both sides attempting to destroy the other side's armies and subjugate the population and annex the land)?

It seems genicidal given some 1300+ years after the event, Narfell and the remnants of Raumathar have low population figures and have never again come close to their former glory of empire but if that was wrong, why did neither nation recover to any state of recognized nationhood after the war was over?

Assuming empires having large enough population centres to sustain a protracted conflict, there appears to be too few noteworthy ruins with the regions. I would have expected hundreds of destroyed towns and cities. Do such ruins exist or has 1300+ years erased all evidence of empires.

What sort of battle magics did both sides use in the typical battle? Given that empires destroyed themselves, I imagine some very potent and powerful battle magics were employed.

We know the Nars favored fielding demonic forces and Raumathar had their own magic discipline of the battlemages but outside of that, little is know of tactics, favored battle spells, and how each side fought against each other in small skirmishes to large set piece battles. If Ed can give some insight into this, this would be fantastic.

Edited by - BlackMoria on 15 Apr 2008 17:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  18:32:57  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hello again, all. THANK you, GoCeraf (dimples). Your sweet fondness is appreciated and returned.
Jorkens, your request goes off to Ed, but from play in the 'home' Realms campaign, I can say that the beast cults are just that: cults. Worshipped in secret, in modest cellar shrines or back room impromptu ceremonies, often centered around a 'totem' piece or relic of the animal in question (a horn, a claw, a fang, a tentacle preserved in a sealed glass jar full of oil). Members work together like a trade cabal or secret society, helping each other in daily business troubles (discounts to fellow members, rushing to be bodyguard aid if a fellow cultist is attacked by rivals, etc.), and usually carry a tiny recognition token (carved bat wing or horse hoof or whatever) to show to fellow cultists they don't know personally.
What we Knights discovered was that some of the larger, more powerful, and wealthy cults (in larger cities) had been covertly taken over by beholders (working through the minds of cult leaders), either for their own benefit or to extend the reach of the Zhentarim.
So cults, and clashing rival cults with PCs caught in the middle, are great foes and "background action movers" for low-level PCs. In short, so far as I know, the beast cults are still flourishing (albeit with very low profiles, so some non-members might think otherwise).
love,
THO

Thanks for the quick answer My Lady.

You brought up one of the themes that interests me and I must therefore ask a follow-up question.

In all later lore the cults are led by beholders, Zenths or others using the groups for their own purposes, but in the original article the cults worship creatures that do exist. Mostly demi-powers. What interest do these take in the cults and what relationship do they have with the other (mostly nature) deities? And the beholders who are using them?
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  18:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
AlorinDawn: Wasn't he the one who used to be a wilderness guide for essentially Faerun's equivalent to big game hunters? The one who took a rather evil client and rather unwittingly (because he didn't want to think too hard about it) helped him kill a creature sacred to Mielikki (something like a mielikkar) and lost his powers because of it?

Or am I thinking of another fallen ranger in the High Forest area? I'm afb right now, so I can't check.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

AlorinDawn
Learned Scribe

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  19:55:00  Show Profile  Visit AlorinDawn's Homepage Send AlorinDawn a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

AlorinDawn: Wasn't he the one who used to be a wilderness guide for essentially Faerun's equivalent to big game hunters? The one who took a rather evil client and rather unwittingly (because he didn't want to think too hard about it) helped him kill a creature sacred to Mielikki (something like a mielikkar) and lost his powers because of it?

Or am I thinking of another fallen ranger in the High Forest area? I'm afb right now, so I can't check.

If so, I have never read anything about it.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  19:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
I'll see if I can't track it down when I get home from work.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

capnvan
Senior Scribe

USA
592 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  20:25:55  Show Profile  Visit capnvan's Homepage Send capnvan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BlackMoria

Some questions for the esteemed Ed.

Lately, I have been planning a campaign in the Narfell region and look for inspiration in the region's past.

*snip*

I'm not particularly sagacious on the subject, but have you checked out Lost Empires of Faerun for some inspiration? There's a bit of history as well as some brief site discussions as well.

"Saving a life, though regrettable, is a small price to pay for a whole lifetime of unfettered killing."
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  23:50:57  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens
You brought up one of the themes that interests me and I must therefore ask a follow-up question.

In all later lore the cults are led by beholders, Zenths or others using the groups for their own purposes, but in the original article the cults worship creatures that do exist. Mostly demi-powers. What interest do these take in the cults and what relationship do they have with the other (mostly nature) deities? And the beholders who are using them?

Adding on to that is a question of my particular interest... What relationship to Sharess does Meerclar have, if any? If they're unrelated entities, I would assume there's a bit of friction between Meerclar's cult and Sharess's faith? Or do they not have much to do with each other?

My guess would be that as Sharess has Cats in her portfolio - logically, and given the rule that no two deities of the same power level (they both seem to be demipowers given what THO has said about the beast cults origins) can share portfolio elements, Meerclar is another alias of Sharess, and cultists merely follow a more cat centric dogma. Am I right? Or am I way off the beam here?

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 86 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000