Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 NWN 1 or 2 Adventure Path
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  17:04:02  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there someone that would be willing to DM a Forgotten Realms based adventure path utilizing either NWN 1 or 2 (not one of the main campaigns, something new, well, not necessarily new, it could be an adventure you ran before and would adapt to one of these engines)? I have always wanted to participate in one of these and have both games (and all the official expansions for the first one). Also, are there other players that are interested in this?

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 13 Nov 2007 17:06:09

Jimbobx
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2007 :  08:59:44  Show Profile Send Jimbobx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never taken part in a NWN DM ran adventure either as I've been mainly into the building side.
But I'd be interested in playing...NWN 1, though. As my PC struggles with NWN 2.
If you don't find enough interest here there is always Neverwinterconnections.com , I have seen FR adventures run there from time to time.

Rilyetan's Retreat

Jimbob's Waterdeep Journal
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2007 :  16:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the NWN franchise, but I play only single player games, sorry. Although, playing with people I *know* might not be so bad.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

4uk4ata
Acolyte

Bulgaria
16 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  15:08:31  Show Profile  Visit 4uk4ata's Homepage Send 4uk4ata a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried: it's not too bad but requires a lot of coordination. Therefore, it might be a better idea for a LAN party than over the internetz.
Go to Top of Page

tenacious1
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2008 :  16:58:33  Show Profile  Visit tenacious1's Homepage Send tenacious1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
interesting response... I've moved to numerous times over the years to further my career and, well, got tired of trying to find like minded players for PnP. I picked up the BG series, then NWN to help feed my imagination. Later, I found that the Online Community for NWN was VERY active... and infact it still is. There are a number of PWs (Persistent Worlds) out there that have both scripted respawning monsters and/or high DM involvement. It does take some time to find a "home" though that suits your playing style... from both a server and a group of companions perspective. Once you do though, and understand their playing time, you can easily meet online at least 1x a week for a 2-3 hour session. At one point I was playing 2 hours a night 5 nights a week, and sometimes 6 hours on the weekends... and I'm far from a powergaming munchkin. Once you establish these online friends, it's pretty easy to go out to the Neverwinter Vault on IGN.com, download someone's interpretation of a mod (like Isle of Dread) and start a closed session. There are also mods, that take cannon adventures and integrated them into their custom worlds. Plus, you also have folks who are taking lightly touched on geographic areas and trying to flesh out a believable settting, like me... which brought me to this site :D
Go to Top of Page

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  22:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I own the Cormyr, Shadowdale, and Anauroch superadventures and I was going to turn them into a DMable module pack for NWN2. Certain things will have to be altered to fit the NWN toolset and advancement, but it shouldn't be a major problem. I mean, it's been practically custom-made to be episodic and environmental. Each encounter has it's own map, breakdown, tactics, rules, and NPC reactions. Even details such as lighted areas of dungeon sets and treasure discovered are included, with individual hand-outs that would be easily reproduceable in-game.

Edited by - Stonwulfe on 19 Jan 2008 22:31:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000