Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Realms re-imagined?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  22:06:06  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been playing with the ever since I read the more distressing news about 4e FR, and I now have at least an inkling of an idea that might get the whole ball rolling for me, storywise.

If I get enough responses that would like to see this, I'll start writing and posting... I might do it eventually even without the demand, but I would like to know if people actually read what my twisted mind comes up with.

I ask this also for a totally selfish reason:

my life has been virtually killing me ... inside, and I need a way to focus my thoughts again, so that one day in the not so far future I can sit down again and work on my novel(s).

Truth be told, I'm hanging in there and only with the people closest to me I am able to carry on at the moment. (And the people closest to me are not my family...which is part of the general problem my life is...so to speak.)

Thus, if I get the encouragement and the feedback here, it might change things for the slightly better for me. Which would be a little step forward to getting things in a better order...or any order for that matter.

Thanks

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  22:09:39  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am both saddened by this and interested in what you can post on the Realms. Go ahead and I will give you what feedback I can.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2007 :  22:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suggest you read KEJR's Anatomy of an Apocalypse also.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  01:11:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll try to help, too...and I'm sorry to hear that your life hasn't been so good lately.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  01:18:44  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always love brainstorming, and I can empathize with having some problems with family not being the closest people to oneself as well. I'll gladly throw in some ideas if you throw them out there.
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  02:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll read it, and help to create a different Realms (note: I like alternate realities). There's a lot of work to do, but I'd be willing to help where I need.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2007 :  10:53:34  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mace!

I am truely sad to hear of your troubles. Family can be the worst, really. Now, be it as it may, I truelly hope things will smooth down in the near future and bring back some joy in your life. Until than, I am of course interested in your take on the FR changes. My time to participate in the discussion will be somewhat limited but that shall not hinder you to post what you come up with. I will most definitly read it with interest.

Ergdusch

P.S.: If you don't find the time for the Abendstern-Sache atm, don't worry! Its quiet alright as my campaign has been posponed indefinitly. Please let me know via pm how things stand though. Beste Grüsse!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  00:22:42  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mace!

I'm interested, and I wish your personal life will improve, too! If it helps at all, me and Victor could use some company here in the Cellars of the Keep.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  01:55:19  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Mace.
I'm sorry your family isn't as supportive as it should be. cause where should one turn to if things get bad?

I'd be interested in everything that's an alternative to the canon FR-future.

Kopf hoch!

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  02:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, fellow dwarf. Well, put your ideas out of your brain, and I´ll help you to brainstorm something.

And I´m saddened by the bad news. :(

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000