Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cormyr

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aravine Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 00:11:37
Hello once again, it has been too long my friends. Anyway, I had a question. Does anyone know where I can find information updated to 5e for the Kingdom of Cormyr? Royalty,Nobility and such? I am doing my research for a new game,and was wondering if I could find any information at all. I read the SCAG and found very limited information, but it is not emough
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Garen Thal Posted - 03 Jan 2017 : 01:03:27
In January 2012, there was a pile of lore we put out on Cormyr in the online Dragon and Dungeon magazines. That lore will carry you up until Erin's novel, Fire in the Blood, which absolutely changes a few things.

The thread over here ("January is Cormyr month at D&D Insider") describes a lot of the material in the articles, as well as containing links to the DM's Guild pages where you can purchase (if you want) PDFs of the two magazines.
Brimstone Posted - 06 Dec 2016 : 17:27:53
Also check out The Elminster books from 4E. El Must Die, Bury El Deep, El Enraged. ALOT of useful Cormyrlore...
Brimstone Posted - 06 Dec 2016 : 06:38:04
Spellstorm is set in 5E Cormyr. Some useful lore in it...
sfdragon Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 17:20:21
the 4e campaign guide.... would be the most up to date anything of cormyr.

other books.

the most recent elminster books outside the alst one which was in Waterdeep.

and possible the brimestone angel book mentioned above.
Markustay Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 02:44:10
I totally GET that. its just that, if there isn't that much there, you might be better-off cherry-picking the older lore to 'fill in the gaps'.

Most of us here 'get' wanting to stick to canon. Its just hard to come by these days. From what I understand, thats easier to do in 5e, than it was in 4e, or even 3e for that matter (even the maps got 'reset' to the earlier 'flavor'.)

Cheers.
Aravine Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 02:12:43
It's more like I actually want to try what the new Realms is supposed to look like? Than ignoring the 3.x edition stuff
Markustay Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 01:35:36
It might just be simpler to use 1e/2e/3e lore for stuff you can't find for 5e.

Not sure why so many people are concerned with running a 'canon' game (and even if you are, just make it late 3e, like 1378 or something). You can still use the 5e rules and adventures in the 'classic' setting.

If you really think about it, the 'canon' setting is only useful to the novels, since we have FAR MORE info about the setting pre-Spellplague. If I were to run another FR game, I would set it late 3e - maybe have it run right into the Spellplague - now THAT would be a very cool campaign.

Why run a game during a time period when there's so little information to help run it? It makes no sense to me. Why just toss-out almost 30 years of published Realmslore? Just use whatever easiest - its just a game, after all.
Gyor Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 00:54:48
Fire in the Blood.
KanzenAU Posted - 04 Dec 2016 : 00:45:58
I think one of Erin Evans' novels Fire in the Blood?) has a lot of the story revolving around them.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000