Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Best Post

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edappel Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 15:12:47
Recently, I'm reading old posts from many topics. Many of them made me amazed.
So, I came here to question you all, which topics/posts are the best ones on you opinion? (to a good reading and knowledge)

Thanks!
Ed Appel
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fillow Posted - 25 May 2009 : 20:38:25
quote:
Originally posted by edappel

Post-Spellplague bibliography
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11510&whichpage=1

I totally agree with Ed appel !
edappel Posted - 25 May 2009 : 19:32:54
Post-Spellplague bibliography
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11510&whichpage=1
edappel Posted - 20 May 2009 : 19:13:30
Anothed one added to my list.

This topic (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12494) starts with a normal discussion pos/pre spellplague.. But it turns to some interesting posts from Eric, Byers, CR and Wooly.

edappel Posted - 22 Apr 2009 : 12:35:07
Another nice topic:

Names of the Realms. (obviously, the best post there is a quote from Ed)
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12424
Fillow Posted - 19 Apr 2009 : 18:01:36
I wont be original at all but I really think Ed's ( THO's), Elaine's, Steven's, Krash's, Brian's, Erik's and others Sages' replies are of course the best posts of the forums.

But the latters are not those I read the more.
My preferred posts are in the quizz, with no hesitation !
The Sage Posted - 19 Apr 2009 : 06:22:51
Thanks Neil.

I don't see how I'd missed that earlier. Ah, well.
Neil Bishop Posted - 19 Apr 2009 : 05:40:21
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage (snip) Wholesome lore that appreciates every single nuisance of the original Realms, and benefits from the fact that it has been generated by the creator of the setting. (snip)

I don't normally correct anyone's misuse of English... but I think you mean nuance and it's a fairly important distinction in this case. ;)

@OP: When I first started lurking here a long, long time ago, I did a search for anything by George Krashos. I was amazed at how much good stuff came up from that.

Ed and THO's replies also are golden. Sometimes the summaries are better than the "live" threads because the off-topic banter gets omitted which makes it easier to read.

Otherwise, I most certainly concur with most of the other posters (but, Sage, please fix your post! :)).
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 17 Apr 2009 : 13:37:30
quote:

Another good one:
Brian James telling the legend of The creation of Toril

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?whichpage=10&TOPIC_ID=9981&

One of the legends. Granted, it's a good one but, not to nitpick, every race has their own.
edappel Posted - 17 Apr 2009 : 13:32:32
Another good one:
Brian James telling the legend of The creation of Toril

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?whichpage=10&TOPIC_ID=9981&
Penknight Posted - 16 Apr 2009 : 16:45:48
Mr. de Bie's post about the different styles of the bladesong is my favorite post thus far.
Asgetrion Posted - 16 Apr 2009 : 00:44:04
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

I have to say I agree 100% with all that Sage said... (but you forgot to mention Wooly! )

(and George, you need to grow a beard.... )
George needs no beard! How else do you think we know which one is him when we gather at the secret cabal meetings?

Uh, by the silly Santa mask he's chosen to wear under the hood?
Garen Thal Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 17:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

I have to say I agree 100% with all that Sage said... (but you forgot to mention Wooly! )

George needs no beard! How else do you think we know which one is him when we gather at the secret cabal meetings?
Alisttair Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 17:11:06
This post I am posting now is the best post

Seriously though, I mostly enjoy discussions with Authors about their novels.
Jorkens Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 11:45:23
Seems like Sage managed to say more or less what I would have said.

I would add Faraer's posts though. Always insightful and interesting.
Asgetrion Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 11:38:40

Chosen of Moradin Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 11:33:23
I´m with many here... the Ed answers are really something to be looking for, but it´s not the sole ones...

There are many scrolls, of many scribes, that give me marvelous moments in the Keep, and in the Realms.
George Krashos Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 05:28:42
Thanks to those who have included me in very august company indeed.

The posts that I enjoy reading usually relate to an aspect of realmslore that has hitherto received only a passing mention and is then brightly unfurled for everyone to enjoy in exacting detail. There have been numerous examples of these types of responses over the years - far too many to list here.

Other posts I enjoy usually contain discussion regarding clashes/conflicts in realmslore and suggest a way through the conflict and provide viable alternatives for DMs and FR fans in general.

Lastly, I enjoy it when I see people make an effort to create realmslore from "whole cloth" be it a place, person, magic item etc. When such writings are rooted into the bedrock of the setting I find them altogether exciting (and usually inspire me to 'make up stuff' myself).

This place holds many members with great imaginations, erudite communication skills and wondrous creative writing ability. If you stick around, you'll soon find your own favourites among the many.

-- George Krashos
The Sage Posted - 14 Apr 2009 : 01:05:57
Well, I can confidently say that being the oldest of the original scribes still regularly participating here at Candlekeep [since Sep. '02], I've seen plenty of great and/or interesting posts from members. Posts that have made me laugh, or cry, or just plain think about I envision the Realms. I've even read plenty, mostly by desigerns/authors, that have taught me something about the Realms that I wouldn't have otherwise known had I not been an active participate here. The "secrets of the Sages" are among the posts that I value the most here.

In that vain, I've also seen plenty of dedicated scribes come and go. Some stop by for a few months or years, only to pass on to other areas of the web. And others, like Jamallo, unfortunately leave us due to matters beyond their control.

I'm happy to say that I've engaged with plenty of scribes who I now consider friends, and others who I consider important to advancing my knowledge of the Realms.

And after all these years, I'd have to count Ed's/THO's, Elaine's, Steven's, Krash's, Garen's, and Erik's posts as the "best" posts. But I think that I would qualify "best" somewhat different to most others here. In my case, the "best" posts are those that share Realms knowledge that isn't otherwise easily accessible in lorebooks or novels. Posts that also reveal the internal mechanisms involved in the creation of Realmslore are among those I value as well. And, finally, I consider Ed's replies from the yearly interpretations of the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" scroll to be the "best of the best." Truly, these are what the Realms are all about. Wholesome lore that appreciates every single nuance of the original Realms, and benefits from the fact that it has been generated by the creator of the setting.

Having said that, I don't want it to seem like I'm unappreciative of other hard-working scribes here at Candlekeep. It's always a pleasure to talk with you all.
edappel Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 21:13:09
Well.. It's hard to find all the best posts of Ed... And I'm here to ask some that amazed you. ;)

My favorite is his first one: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1901&whichpage=1

Any other to suggest?
SeeDiGi Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 21:02:21
Anything with informative info is a good one.
Menelvagor Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 19:57:02
I see Lady THO is... changing some of us, Rinonalyrna...

I also favor posts made by Ed and our Lady. Mace Hammerhand's rants are always impressive, and dead-on. But I think the best are posts from Ed with commentary from THO... knowledge, good reading, and enjoyment...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 17:44:50
I've got 15000 posts. I can't remember all of them, much less all of the ones made by others!

In general, though, my faves are ones by Steven, and Krash, and THO, and Ed, and Garen, and anyone else who shares canon and near-canon lore.

There have been some scribes over the years that I had many amusing exchanges with, too. I've always enjoyed those, too.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 17:37:00
Yeah, it's hard to answer this kind of question. There are so many posts that I enjoy...and so many posters, too.
Kuje Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 17:34:48
There's no way I can answer this, I've seen way to many posts, and posted in many of them, over the past five or six years.

Gods, I've been on these boards way to long!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 17:17:26
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I'm always in antici------pation for THO's next ... words ... uh, gotta go take a cold shower!

I enjoy her posts too (and I'm female!).
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 15:35:48
I'm always in antici------pation for THO's next ... words ... uh, gotta go take a cold shower!
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Apr 2009 : 15:31:26
quote:

Recently, I'm reading old posts from many topics. Many of them made me amazed.
So, I came here to question you all, which topics/posts are the best ones on you opinion? (to a good reading and knowledge)

Thanks!
Ed Appel

The Ask Ed scrolls are the best posts by far!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000