Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms Encyclopedia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elrond Ancalimon Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 04:00:52
I know this kinda wishful thinking, but I've started a petion asking WotC to restart production on the Forgotten Realms Encyclopedia.

Please support this petion

More Information: www.gopetition.comonline20003
To sign: www.gopetition.comonline20003

(sorry, hyperlink button doesn't work, there are slashes between com & online and online & 20003)
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRYPHON Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 01:15:27
Sounds like an interesting idea...and a great deal of work...
Hawkins Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 16:27:09
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I don't expect ANY Realmslore articles to appear on the DDi, and if they do, it will only be for the year that FR is the 'premier setting'. After that, Eberron will get all the love... for another year...
I'm not so sure about that. As I recall, Ed did say that some of his material, like the further updates for the "Border Kingdoms" series, may be included for FR as part of DDi.
I saw and interview with Ed where he stated that the Border Kingdoms would stay free content. I think it was one the Tome Show but I do not have time to listen to it right now and confirm it. Though, even if WotC did tell Ed that the Border Kingdoms would remain free content, that does not mean that they will not renege on it.
The Sage Posted - 02 Jul 2008 : 01:41:35
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I don't expect ANY Realmslore articles to appear on the DDi, and if they do, it will only be for the year that FR is the 'premier setting'. After that, Eberron will get all the love... for another year...
I'm not so sure about that. As I recall, Ed did say that some of his material, like the further updates for the "Border Kingdoms" series, may be included for FR as part of DDi.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 23:55:31
...And we've left the topic behind, I think... Let's find the way back, okay?
Lord Karsus Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 23:43:05
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

Heh. I see. Well, I do agree on many things. I still post at Wizards, but its filled mostly with
4th Edition RULES!
and
4th Edition SUCKS!

-I'd like to see the Forgotten Realms section you are looking at...
Markustay Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 23:00:59
There was some sort of project planned 'eventually' for the DDi, but since the two things that are supposed to be already available are apparently vaporware (the game-table and the rulespedia), and have been given the the official listing as "available sometime down the road" (their words, NOT mine!), that means the projects that were already relegated to the 'back burner' have been pushed completely off the table as of now.

As Dagnirion has pointed out, the DDi is nothing at all what they promised it was going to be, and they can't even keep their website running right at this point.

Remember Dragon magazine? We were supposed to see a printable online version of that.

We saw ONE formatted that way... and a never-ending stream of 4e advertisements disguised as articles ever since. Its been almost a year since they cancelled it, and I've yet to see anything resembling the old mag appear anywhere on the radar.

Empty promises... its what big corporations are good at.

Hawkins Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 22:50:32
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Wishful thinking really! As much as I'd love to see such a tome I doubt that we will ever see it come to fruition.
That, and any Encyclopedia made from this point on would have the atrocious changes that they have implemented in the 4e Realms.
Dracons Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 20:25:08
Heh. I see. Well, I do agree on many things. I still post at Wizards, but its filled mostly with
4th Edition RULES!
and
4th Edition SUCKS!

Meh. I've been hearing of this place, and joined, but hadn't really read much. But I like this place, even though alot I read deals with 2nd edition, of which I haven't played ever.

But I love reading about Forgotten Realms, so here I am!

Also: Drittz movie. ... It might be done, but it depends on so many factors. So while possible, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being done greatly.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 20:02:25
quote:
Originally posted by dracons

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertI doubt it. Long before my banning from their forums

Might I asked why'd you get banned?

I get asked that oft enough that I have simply saved the link to where I last told the tale of my banning.
Dracons Posted - 01 Jul 2008 : 18:57:52
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertI doubt it. Long before my banning from their forums

Might I asked why'd you get banned?

As for the question. Meh. Internet sigs don't really work. Hell, even live sigs wouldn't work. Enough practice, and anyone can make thousands of them that look different.

Personally, I use candlekeep and the Forgotten Realms Wiki for my knowledge.
Ergdusch Posted - 27 Jun 2008 : 06:58:06
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Aye. But that's come up time and again when the subject of an FR encyclopedia has been discussed in the past. We've yet to see anything happen.

Wishful thinking really! As much as I'd love to see such a tome I doubt that we will ever see it come to fruition.
Lord Karsus Posted - 27 Jun 2008 : 02:14:51
-Given the problems that WotC is having supporting the messageboards, as well as the seeming stagnation with the DDI stuff, I wouldn't expect to see an official Forgotten Realms encyclopedia online for a while, if ever.
Hawkins Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 15:58:28
That, and they would probably make it online and part of the DDi to try and net Realms fans into paying for it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 14:04:06
I agree. Talking about an encyclopedia is one thing, actually writing it is quite another.
The Sage Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 05:53:37
Aye. But that's come up time and again when the subject of an FR encyclopedia has been discussed in the past. We've yet to see anything happen.
Patrakis Posted - 26 Jun 2008 : 05:47:39
I re listen the interview with Chris Perkins about the realms last night and i noticed a very important answer he gave concerning this. When asked what WotC will do with all the notes they have from Ed Greenwood concerning the realms, he mentioned that they might incorporate them in a future encyclopedia they might create. Anybody noticed that passage?

Pat
The Sage Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 16:57:37
There's really nothing that complex about that particular stance by WotC. Apparently, they have a model and method that works well for them, and it's largely what they use when they want to know what their consumers want from them. Nothing more.
Hawkins Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 16:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I doubt it. Long before my banning from their forums, I was told by a WotC employee that they had their own ways of deciding what people wanted, and that direct input from the fans was not something they were interested in.
This concept still befuddles me. Though it explains a lot of what has happened in the past year or so.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 16:22:17
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

If it were a petition at a GenCon, maybe that would work better??

I doubt it. Long before my banning from their forums, I was told by a WotC employee that they had their own ways of deciding what people wanted, and that direct input from the fans was not something they were interested in.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 14:16:22
Supported by me...
Alisttair Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 14:10:25
If it were a petition at a GenCon, maybe that would work better??
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 14:05:23
With all due respect, online petitions tend to be ineffectual, especially in an age of programs that can generate random signatures.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 25 Jun 2008 : 04:35:50
You may want to look at the responses to my poll question re: Would you buy a Realms Geographic magazine?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000