Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Well met everyone!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:23:14  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met,

I am Lord Anki, an amaetuer(sp) writer. I've been writing for well lets see, I'm in ninth grade now, since first grade. Getting onto 9 years now. Wow thats a long time. I was referred to this site on the WoTC forums because I needed to find out some information and I was told htis would be a good place to look. So hello all!

Tip of the Month: don't drink the dirty water. You know what i'm talking about if you know what i mean.

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:30:11  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome to the boards! It's always good to have some young blood around candlekeep. Feel free to post any questions you may have about the "information" you need.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:32:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:54:40  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one of the reasons why I came was because I was told Ed was somewhere around here along wit hother writers and creators. Thank ye for the warm welcome.

Tip of the Month: don't drink the dirty water. You know what i'm talking about if you know what i mean.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  01:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you, LordAnki, a pleasure and honor to see a new member and an author to join the ever growing list of members. I am Shadovar and hailing from Shade Enclave, for I am pleased to see a new member join

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  01:41:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordAnki

That is one of the reasons why I came was because I was told Ed was somewhere around here along wit hother writers and creators. Thank ye for the warm welcome.

Ed's presence here is one of the things that drew me here, too. Getting wrongfully banned from the WotC forums helped.

Go to Top of Page

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  01:52:32  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol wooly. If I were to get banned from something like that, wrongfully banned at taht I would boycott it all and download the pdf's off the internet of the dm guide and player guide. Oh wait I did that for the DM Guide XD. Its kinda hard to use it tho whne it is on ur computer becaues you cant take it with you XD. But wow I took a look at the member list and there are allot of forgotten realms(tm) people here.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  02:27:22  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

......Getting wrongfully banned from the WotC forums helped.

Wooly, this is a story I have not heard. Can you disclose the alleged offense over these boards?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  02:59:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Bane

quote:

......Getting wrongfully banned from the WotC forums helped.

Wooly, this is a story I have not heard. Can you disclose the alleged offense over these boards?

The first offense was discussing novels. Someone had said they thought it would be cool if Skip Williams wrote a novel. I had the audacity to comment that I'd prolly pick up such a novel. <Gasp!>

The second offense was "participating in harassing another poster." Someone came in and started a thread with an unintelligible statement (or maybe it was a query) about Cyric. It looked like someone had fed this statement thru on-line translators a couple of times, it was so mangled. I dared to agree with someone that the statement (or query) was unreadable and that the poster's intent was utterly unclear.

I don't know what my third and final alleged offense was -- the offending thread was deleted, and I couldn't get an answer out of BigSister (big surprise, ne?).

Prior to that, I had ranked up several hundred posts, at least. Like here, I was a combination of a helpful, knowledgable person, and someone who loved to make flip comments. I tried to be as helpful as I could, and I also tried to stick to reasonable discussions -- just like here.

I also did my best to convince people that a Drizzt movie wasn't a wonderful idea, guaranteed to be a huge hit. Since I was arguing with fanboys, I generally wasn't successful on that count.

I had a good reputation there with a lot of folks, too. But all of that was chucked out the window at my perceived violation of the rules. I've tried fighting it, twice, but I can't get anywhere with them.

So, I could make a new username and go back... But I'd be dealing with fanboys, idiots, and heavy-handed, arbitrary moderation, and there's still the fact that my ban was wrong. So I think rude thoughts in the direction of that forum and stay here, where the people are friendlier and more knowledgable, where the creators and authors are, and where the only moderation I have to fear is Big Al's staff (and I certainly tempt fate oft enough on that one! ).

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  04:23:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grins at Wooly. :) Hey, I still haven't got banned yet! :) Warned, yes about 5 times now but banned, nah!

And welcome poster, glad you made it. Ed's topic is in the Chamber of Sages board.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  05:59:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Grins at Wooly. :) Hey, I still haven't got banned yet! :) Warned, yes about 5 times now but banned, nah!

And welcome poster, glad you made it. Ed's topic is in the Chamber of Sages board.

I think that so long as you give them Ed's answers, you're protected.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  06:17:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think that so long as you give them Ed's answers, you're protected.

Hhehe, and bigsis knows that if I'm gone they are losing 1 of thier most valuable loremasters. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  08:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I also did my best to convince people that a Drizzt movie wasn't a wonderful idea, guaranteed to be a huge hit. Since I was arguing with fanboys, I generally wasn't successful on that count.

Wow... They really think a Drizzt movie would be a HUGE hit? *Shakes head* Sweet mother Illirien, pray it doesn't happen.

Anyways, I hope you get lots of help and inspiration from this site LordAnki. I know I have, especially with the damned chocobos.

Playing a winged dwarf with acrophobia is fun.
Go to Top of Page

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  12:05:04  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm where to start. So many replies. Well thanks again everyone.

That's actually kind of funny Wooly. Umm.

Yeah I have been here for like what a day now and I love it better than the WoTC boards. Heh no wonder the creators don't go over to WoTC lol.

A Drizzt movie is a bad idea. 1)Why? 2)Its just um not cool. I don't want to watch a movie that I can see better in my head by reading the books ya know.

Well thank you everyone once again for the welcome.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  12:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think a Drizzt movie will hit box office neither nor will it draw the audience. I say a movie based on something that is a big hit in the Forgotten Realms books such as the Return of the Archwizards, I think it will hit box office.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  17:25:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

I don't think a Drizzt movie will hit box office neither nor will it draw the audience. I say a movie based on something that is a big hit in the Forgotten Realms books such as the Return of the Archwizards, I think it will hit box office.

I hate to break it to you, but the Return of the Archwizards trilogy wasn't a big hit, and a lot of people have problems with it. As far as Realms novels go, there's not much that compares to the sales the Drizzt novels have had.

I, personally, am of the opinion that any Realms movie should be based on a new tale, not one that's already been told. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Go to Top of Page

Mareka
Learned Scribe

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  20:50:05  Show Profile  Visit Mareka's Homepage Send Mareka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to you LordAnki. Enjoy your time here.
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  05:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I, personally, am of the opinion that any Realms movie should be based on a new tale, not one that's already been told. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Aye! Leave old tales to be played in our mind than on screen.

Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  07:42:04  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
greetings, if new tales are to be played on the screens, what are the expectations of everyone, I mean waht do you want to see in the story of the movie?
Suggestions welcomed.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  11:23:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

greetings, if new tales are to be played on the screens, what are the expectations of everyone, I mean waht do you want to see in the story of the movie?
Suggestions welcomed.

Thinks I this is a topic worthy of its own thread.

Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  15:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thinks I this is a topic worthy of its own thread.

Shall I start one? "New FR movie: What do you want to see?"

Go to Top of Page

LordAnki
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  23:32:32  Show Profile  Visit LordAnki's Homepage Send LordAnki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, yeah a new tale would be good. Please not one over Drizzt lol. Hm well I have an idea that would be fun to do. For me to make my own little home movie thingy lol. That would be cool but hard for me to do. But umm yeah No Drizzt movies please! Sooner or later he is oging to have to die. Maybe in a few years.

Oh! I bought The City of Towers (Eberron book) today. The 2nd book dosn't come out until December 2005 and the 3rd comes out December 2006! I am oging to be a junior in HS when this trilogy is finished! Grr.

Go to Top of Page

Sigonan
Acolyte

Greece
19 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  10:41:39  Show Profile Send Sigonan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome LordAnki!

Always charmed to meet writers...Do go on writing and I wish you get them published one day. Also, good luck on your strides inside the pleasant halls of Candlekeep. Should you ask the correct questions, many shall provide you with the desirable answers.

Sigonan Darkpeeble-the multifaceted wizard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000